ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from Northern Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Michael2018
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from Northern Ireland

Post by Michael2018 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:54 am

You can use Danske Bank as they have a commercial office in Dublin and will cash the Euro Bankers Draft from there. I used this myself a few months ago. But you have to have an account. My father has an account so he went into his branch with me.

mkibs
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mkibs » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:06 pm

lolo82 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 pm
blondejock wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Hi. I have my application ready to go but am struggling with the bankers draft. Do they consider banks in NI as Irish banks? If so, which NI banks have any of you used in successful applications? My bank (Bank of Ireland) does not issue euro drafts in NI -ironic.... Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 🙏
Hi

I had the same issue. I wrote to INIS to explain and was advised I could go to Dundalk and get an Irish postal order. I printed out the email with my application and received a receipt from my application to keep myself right.

Hope this helps!
I am for Dundalk tomorrow after being advised of the same thing by email. lolo82 did An Post let you do a postal order for the full 950 euro or did you have to do two separate orders as their website says there is a 650 limit? Did INIS come back to you quickly after payment or were there any other issues?

lolo82
Canada

Post by lolo82 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:14 pm

mkibs wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:06 pm
lolo82 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 pm
blondejock wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Hi. I have my application ready to go but am struggling with the bankers draft. Do they consider banks in NI as Irish banks? If so, which NI banks have any of you used in successful applications? My bank (Bank of Ireland) does not issue euro drafts in NI -ironic.... Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 🙏
Hi

I had the same issue. I wrote to INIS to explain and was advised I could go to Dundalk and get an Irish postal order. I printed out the email with my application and received a receipt from my application to keep myself right.

Hope this helps!
I am for Dundalk tomorrow after being advised of the same thing by email. lolo82 did An Post let you do a postal order for the full 950 euro or did you have to do two separate orders as their website says there is a 650 limit? Did INIS come back to you quickly after payment or were there any other issues?
I haven’t had to pay the 950 yet. That’s an excellent question. I do have the email from INIS saying they will accept the An Post postal order but I hadn’t thought about the limit. Please let me know if they accept the full amount for the postal order

oceancat

Post by oceancat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:10 am

will this ruling have an impact on non eu spouses living with an irish citizen in Northern Ireland when the spouse will try to get citizenship after 3 years?

https://www.thejournal.ie/citizenship-h ... 1-Jul2019/