ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement for my mother age 65

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abdulmuq
Newly Registered
Mood:

Settlement for my mother age 65

Post by abdulmuq » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:01 am

Hi everyone
Since 2009 I am in the Uk, and got British citizenship. Me and my family lives in the UK. My mother her own lives in India, I want to bring my mother here as settlement as no one in India to lookafter. My mother aged 65+ and visited as a Family Visit to uk 3 years ago.
Is there any way so that I can completely bring here? I can lookafter her for everything in the UK.
Can I directly apply for ILR for mother, who aged 65+?
I will be grateful if someone help me in this situation, as many people has the same problem like me.

Thank you in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Settlement for my mother age 65

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:09 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:09 am

The most difficult visa to get. If you choose to risk and apply and the visa is refused, it also shuts the door to any future visitor visas as her intention to settle will be known.

UK doesn't support chain migration. The rules were tightened and made more difficult in July 2012 for adult dependent relatives. Those very few that have succeeded since 2012, are rare and only after very length and very costly court processes.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MMSR
Newly Registered

Post by MMSR » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi Abdul,

I am also same situation now. My mother is in sister's house- India temporarily. Did you get the solution for this please. Could you please let me know if you know any information .

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:44 am

MMSR wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 pm
Hi Abdul,

I am also same situation now. My mother is in sister's house- India temporarily. Did you get the solution for this please. Could you please let me know if you know any information .

Thanks.
Perhaps start by reading the links I have provided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.