ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring breach of terms of UK visa on ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hashtxt1
Newly Registered
India

Declaring breach of terms of UK visa on ILR application

Post by hashtxt1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:24 am

Hello
I am planning to apply for ILR via 10 year route in Jan. During my PSW, I breached the terms of my visa. I am unsure if this needs to be declared in the application as it was over 6 years ago.

My visa history is :
Student -2009 to 2011
PSW - 2011 To 2013
Tier 2 - 2013 on wards expiring in Aug 2019

It's a bit of a long story.. but here is what happened
In Jan 2012, I went to Republic of Ireland. But instead of doing it properly by taking a schengen visa. I went to Belfast in Northern Ireland and took a bus to a border town called Newry. My friend picked me up there and we were going to Dublin. We were stopped by an immigration officer of Republic of Ireland and took me to the station and recorded my details. I was let go with a slip (some piece of paper, but can't remember what was in it) on the promise that I will report to the station and hand back the slip on the day I return to the UK, which I did. He also said that I need to reveal the details of this incident when applying for a visa in UK.
The next time I went to India and came back(2012), I was questioned by the immigration officer at Heathrow. He asked me some questions on this incident and checked my details but let me go as he verified everything while I was waiting in a room.
Next year when I returned from India (2013), I was asked again about the incident. I explained what happened. The officer let me enter and said that, she will try to remove this information as it is not relevant anymore.
I had declared this incident (and the possibility that it may have been removed) when I applied for Tier 2. I travelled to India for the first time since getting Tier 2 in Dec 2017 and returned in Jan 2018. I was not asked about this incident at all at the immigration desk, guessing it may have been removed.

My question is should this be revealed in the application? It seems irrelevant to me, what do you think?

Thank you for your patience.

vinny

Re: Declaring breach of terms of UK visa on ILR application

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:21 am

Safer to declare it yet again.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hashtxt1
Newly Registered
India

Re: Declaring breach of terms of UK visa on ILR application

Post by hashtxt1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:20 pm

Sorry for the late reply.
I declared the this on the form received my ILR last month
Thank you for the response.