ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on ILR qualifying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mahmsab
Newly Registered

Question on ILR qualifying period

Post by Mahmsab » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi
I have a question about my Tier 2 general dependent family visa and THEIR eligibility to UK ILR , My family member visa is issued on 14 July 2014 , valid till 31 August 2019 and they entered UK on 11 October 2014 .
My own tier 2 general visa issued on same day but I come first to UK on August 4,2014 ..so there is no issue expected with my ILR process.
Question is for my family members : is the ILR 5 years counted from date visa issued or from date they entered UK ?

If it's from date of visa issue ..is this means my family is totally eligible to apply for ILR any date after July 14 this year 2019 even if they come 3 months after visa issue and they will not complete 5 years before visa expires on August 31 ?

If it's from date of entry ..how an extension can be done ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question on ILR qualifying period

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:33 pm

All pbs visas and pbs dependent visa count from visa issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.