ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application - Documents and new/old service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abyss0
Newly Registered
Poland

Citizenship Application - Documents and new/old service

Post by Abyss0 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi,

I am very close to finishing the citizenship application, but I have a few questions about the application process.
I am an EEA national and I have a permanent resident permit. I am wondering about the documents necessary to show proof of living in the UK.

This is what it shows on the application:

Proof of living in the UK
'If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you are married to, or the partner of, a British citizen).

If you do not have your passport, or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK'.

1. What documents do I need to use for proof? I've been working only for the past 2 years. Before that I had some health issues and I feel that I cannot provide any adequate documentation that they are requesting me to supply (i.e P60s, letter of employment). During that time I have been paying council tax, bills, rent etc. I've finished Uni but that was over 5 years ago so those documents will not do. What kind of documents will work and how can I apply for them? Will a document signed by the Landlord prove my stay during 5 years? Or is that not usuable? Bank statements and household bills are out of the question.

2. What is the difference between new service and the existing service? I would like to send the documents by post if possible, as its quite hard to go to another city to photocopy documents as well as take time off work. I am living in Edinburgh and the only other place I can go to is in Glasgow. There is also no information on the opening times and if its open on Saturday etc. on the application form.

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate all your help.

Nerazzuri

Re: Citizenship Application - Documents and new/old service

Post by Nerazzuri » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 pm

There's a centre in Glasgow. Opens 8-6 during weekdays and shorter hours on weekends.

The new service means all your supporting docs are scanned and immediately attached to your application, so you get to keep your originals.

With the old service, you mail the originals in, so you end up without your passport for a while and can't travel. You would still need to go somewhere to do your biometrics

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Council tax bills are good as issued by government department.

Abyss0
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Abyss0 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:09 am

Thank you very much for your quick answers.:)