ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLM (FP) - Sending additional documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nhli
Newly Registered

FLM (FP) - returning of documents and passports

Post by nhli » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:04 pm

Hey,

I am asking this because it all seems a bit puzzling to me.

My partner filled out an application online FLM (FP) partner route (we also have two British children together) and posted all supporting documents + passports on 14 November 2018. As the biometric letter was issued online right after we paid the application fees, he had it done straight away and included that in the parcel going to Sheffield.

I heard that it normally only takes 2-3 weeks to return passports. In our case I imagine it would have been much quicker as we've sent the biometric together with other documents. Please can someone shed a light on this? Is there anyway to check if they've received everything?

Or maybe I am just paranoid that they've been lost in the post :shock: :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLM (FP) - returning of documents and passports

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Where did you hear it takes 2-3 weeks to return passports??

HO usually keep the documents until a decision is made. Enrolling biometrics has nothing to do with returning your passports.

There was also no need to include anything about enrolling biometrics with the supporting documents, the Post Office sends it to HO electronically.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nhli
Newly Registered

Post by nhli » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:14 pm

We know people who had applied on the same route and got their passports back within a few weeks. They also applied by post, although they used the paper form, not electronically online.

I understand the visa process for this route can take as long as 6 months, but as I am planning to go on holiday with the kids in the next 4 weeks (my partner cant go because of this visa situation), I'm just worried that we won't have our passports back in time.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:21 pm

nhli wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:14 pm
We know people who had applied on the same route and got their passports back within a few weeks. They also applied by post, although they used the paper form, not electronically online.

I understand the visa process for this route can take as long as 6 months, but as I am planning to go on holiday with the kids in the next 4 weeks (my partner cant go because of this visa situation), I'm just worried that we won't have our passports back in time.
If it was a British passport then you should have only sent the copy instead original. Try to request online, maybe it work.

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nhli
Newly Registered

FLM (FP) - Sending additional documents

Post by nhli » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi,

My partner applied for a FLM (FP) visa under partner/parent route.

We've just got a letter from a Mrs XYZ at FHR2 at the UKVI requesting additional documents to send back for consideration.

The letter said that 'you must use the enclosed return label to send the missing relevant information to reach us by 18 January 2019'. (which is next Friday)

The thing is, there is no label enclosed with the letter.

I've rang the UKVI helpline and was suggested to write a letter to Mrs XYZ at the same PO box address that we originally sent our application to, to say that we did not get the label and she could re-send another one.

It's a good idea but with the short time frame we have, is it possible to just send the documents in an envelope addressed to Mrs XYZ and a covering letter explaining why we had to do it.

What do you think?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLM (FP) - Sending additional documents

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Topics merged so members understand your full posting history.

Please do not name HO staff on the forum. They have a right to privacy and there is the whole GDPR issue too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nhli
Newly Registered

Post by nhli » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Thanks CR001. Noted that!

What do you think we should do in this case?

dhirja

Post by dhirja » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:40 pm

@nhil did you hear any thing from home office. If I am not wrong you have applied the visa on flr fp parent route. Please share if you don’t mind that what additional document was asked by HO.

Many thanks
Dhirja

luannacool
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by luannacool » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:17 am

nhli wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:04 pm
Hey,

I am asking this because it all seems a bit puzzling to me.

My partner filled out an application online FLM (FP) partner route (we also have two British children together) and posted all supporting documents + passports on 14 November 2018. As the biometric letter was issued online right after we paid the application fees, he had it done straight away and included that in the parcel going to Sheffield.

I heard that it normally only takes 2-3 weeks to return passports. In our case I imagine it would have been much quicker as we've sent the biometric together with other documents. Please can someone shed a light on this? Is there anyway to check if they've received everything?

Or maybe I am just paranoid that they've been lost in the post :shock: :?
Have you send a printed copy of your online application together with the supporting documents?