ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Soc 2472

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JJ2018
Newly Registered
India

Soc 2472

Post by JJ2018 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:23 am

Hi all

I am in need of an advice regarding me applying for ILR this year.

My 5 years Tier 2 G visa will expire this September 2019 and my current wages is 21,900. I approached my employer (a small care home) requesting to increase my wages to 36k at the earliest as I haven’t got any promotion or salary hike for the last 5 years.

My employer is hesitant to help me saying that he recently employed another staff Tier 2 G showing same 36k. Also said he doesn’t want to take a risk of increasing my wages due to my SOC 2472 as it shows for experienced worker wages is only 23,600.

I have been working so hard and have been awarded best employer from this organisation. I requested him to give me a promotion or salary hike and that cannot be a risk but he is not ready to help me.

I am so worried and stressed for the past few months as I don’t know what’s gonna happen next.

Pls can anyone guide me so that I can talk to my employer again giving him valid reasons to help me.
And like he said is it going to be a problem to my employer if my salary increases to 36k.
Can my employer increase my wages to 36k or does he have to stick only with 23,600?????

I am badly in need of an advice.

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻

srsw

Re: Soc 2472

Post by srsw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:56 am

Salary for that soc is minimum requirement. Your salary could be well above that. Having said that, such a big salary hike would definitely attract UKVI attention and they may do further checks to find out if the hike is genuine or just for you to get ILR.

If you received some hike over the years it would've made your case simple.

Personally, safety option is to try for another job, while you have time, which meets your ILR salary limit.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Soc 2472

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:13 am

PR role at a care home... regardless of the fact it is a very suspect role in that industry, your employer is not bound to increase your salary to meet ILR requirements. He can simply say no to supporting you be it on salary or not even giving you the letter saying the job continues for ILR purposes and then let you go.

Sponsors are losing their licenses due to doing the very thing you want the employer to do, so if he has other Sponsored employees he will risk losing them too.

The salary increase and timing will get the Sponsor a visit, if he was to agree to your request in the first place. That then gets your role examined in detail and there is a high degree of certainty that it is a non genuine vacancy. The net result is a lose lose, you don’t get ILR and the Sponsor loses their license as well. So there is a very high degree of risk to the Sponsor.

In simple terms unless you find a new role / sponsor willing to pay £36k then there is little to plan for apart from returning home.

Your scenario is increasing common, the employer get very cheap and compliant labour for 5 years and then says bye bye. There are always more Tier4’s out there to fill your shoes for another 5 years.