ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACRO police clearance, police registration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anxious11
Newly Registered
Kyrgyzstan

ACRO police clearance, police registration

Post by anxious11 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello friends, I hope someone can help me with my question.
I studied in the UK, I have since returned to my home country and now I'm trying to immigrate to other countries. They all require police clearance from the Uk, and now I'm worried that I wont be able to get it because
  • I didn't register with the police, when I was doing my bachelors. I know, I'm an idiot, I didn't understand the severity of that at the time. I did register when I was doing my a-levels, though
  • I didn't pay off my council tax (summer after graduating). By the time the letter got to me I was already home, and I tried paying it off, but it had already gone to the debt collection agency. I think they held the hearing in my absence or something like that
Now, ACRO requires that I fill out all my addresses, and they won't obviously have me on their records. I didn't have any criminal offences though - unless court in my absence is counted as an offence? I guess the easisest thing to do, would be to ask for a clearance anyway and see what they'll reply, but I'm planning a short trip to the UK later this year, so I'd rather have my visa first (I'm worried that if I dont get the clearance, I won't be able to get a tourist visa). Did anyone else have experience with ACRO?? Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ACRO police clearance, police registration

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Were you required to registered with the police - as part of your student visa?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.