ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHs fees refund

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nurul Huda
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

IHs fees refund

Post by Nurul Huda » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:41 pm

I was tier 4 student Visa. This month I switched to tier 2 visa. When I applied for tier 4 I paid NHS fees and again when I applied for tier 2 visa , i paid again NHS fees. How can I claim for refund previous nhs fees as I paid twice.

Thanks in advance.

srsw

Re: IHs fees refund

Post by srsw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 pm

If you switch visa I don't think you will get refund. It's treated as separate application.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 am

srsw wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 pm
If you switch visa I don't think you will get refund. It's treated as separate application.
You think wrong. If you have paid twice, you will get an automatic refund.

See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:22 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 am
srsw wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 pm
You think wrong. If you have paid twice, you will get an automatic refund.

See https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
Happy to be corrected. Thanks.
However, with limited info Nural Huda provided, it would be interesting to find the final outcome whether IHS was refunded or not.

Not sure if fee paid twice or is it a simple switching case.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:37 pm

srsw wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:22 pm
However, with limited info Nural Huda provided, it would be interesting to find the final outcome whether IHS was refunded or not.
To clarify, when OP says they "paid twice" for the IHS, I was assuming they have paid 2x IHS for a specific period. For example, they paid the IHS for their Tier 4 application, then part-way through that leave they switched to Tier 2, with IHS paid again for a period already partly covered by the original IHS payment.

If OP only "paid twice" because they applied twice, with no overlap, then I agree with you that no refund is due, nor is it at all logical or reasonable for them to think it might be!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.