ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after an appeal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

learner29

ILR after an appeal

Post by learner29 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi all

My ILR based on long residence was refused (citing deception) last year which I challenged and subsequently my appeal was allowed in FTT. Home Office applied for permission to Upper Tribunal, which was also refused.

It has been almost 50 days since Home Office permission to Upper Tribunal was refused and so far I have not received any correspondence from Home Office.

I do not have any clue how to proceed and which address to write to get my settlement visa. My solicitor seems to be very busy to speak to. I heard MP can be of help to, to expedite the process.

I don't even know if my solicitor is obliged to help me with my visa. As in my previous experience another solicitor asked for a further £300 to get me a visa. I didn't pay him and when he received a letter from Home Office asking for my passport to stamp me a visa, the solicitor simply wrote HO a letter saying, we do not represent him any more (I came to know about this when I applied for Subject Access Request). He could have simply forward me the HO letter, rather than replying to the HO. Good to know that the said solicitor's firm has now been closed by the SRA.

I would very much appreciate If someone has any useful address or hint to expedite the process of getting ILR. Do I need to write to the HOPO office as the Home Office seems to be dependent on HOPO to inform them about the outcome of an appeal.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

dalta41

Re: ILR after an appeal

Post by dalta41 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:36 pm

Sorry to ask but for SAR how did you get ID verification for SAR request it say it has to be signed by below.

A legal representative, registered with the Office for the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) A solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive A commissioner for oaths

learner29

Post by learner29 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:54 pm

dalta41 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:36 pm
Sorry to ask but for SAR how did you get ID verification for SAR request it say it has to be signed by below.

A legal representative, registered with the Office for the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) A solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive A commissioner for oaths
just go to post office they ll attest photo copy of ur id (in my case it was provisional dvla). About £10 they ll charge. SAR accepts post office attestation. I hope it helps

dalta41

Post by dalta41 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:02 pm

learner29 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:54 pm
dalta41 wrote:

just go to post office they ll attest photo copy of ur id (in my case it was provisional dvla). About £10 they ll charge. SAR accepts post office attestation. I hope it helps
Thanks very much, does postoffice need to write "I certify that this is a true likeness of [full name of applicant]"

learner29

Post by learner29 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:34 pm

dalta41 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:02 pm
learner29 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:54 pm
dalta41 wrote:

Thanks very much, does postoffice need to write "I certify that this is a true likeness of [full name of applicant]"
Post offices seems to have two kind of stamps. One is too basic type, so they do add that line you just mentioned. Another type of stamp post offices use, is already having some line, like "true copy of original". In my case the post office lady just stamped, signed and dated, thats it. No need to add any line.

BSatti
Pakistan

Post by BSatti » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 am

Hi,
You can contact Determinations.Team @ homeoffice.gov.uk. Please ignore the whitespaces. They are quick in responding. You can also contact your local MP to expedite.

Can you please tell how long did it take to get the decision on HO appealed to upper tribunal.

My timeline:

Appeal won : October 2018
HO appealed in FTT: October 2018
FTT refusal to HO: 13th December
HO appeal in Upper tribunal : 14th January
learner29 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:53 pm
Hi all

My ILR based on long residence was refused (citing deception) last year which I challenged and subsequently my appeal was allowed in FTT. Home Office applied for permission to Upper Tribunal, which was also refused.

It has been almost 50 days since Home Office permission to Upper Tribunal was refused and so far I have not received any correspondence from Home Office.

I do not have any clue how to proceed and which address to write to get my settlement visa. My solicitor seems to be very busy to speak to. I heard MP can be of help to, to expedite the process.

I don't even know if my solicitor is obliged to help me with my visa. As in my previous experience another solicitor asked for a further £300 to get me a visa. I didn't pay him and when he received a letter from Home Office asking for my passport to stamp me a visa, the solicitor simply wrote HO a letter saying, we do not represent him any more (I came to know about this when I applied for Subject Access Request). He could have simply forward me the HO letter, rather than replying to the HO. Good to know that the said solicitor's firm has now been closed by the SRA.

I would very much appreciate If someone has any useful address or hint to expedite the process of getting ILR. Do I need to write to the HOPO office as the Home Office seems to be dependent on HOPO to inform them about the outcome of an appeal.

learner29

Post by learner29 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 pm

BSatti wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:07 am
Hi,
You can contact Determinations.Team @ homeoffice.gov.uk. Please ignore the whitespaces. They are quick in responding. You can also contact your local MP to expedite.

Can you please tell how long did it take to get the decision on HO appealed to upper tribunal.

My timeline:

Appeal won : October 2018
HO appealed in FTT: October 2018
FTT refusal to HO: 13th December
HO appeal in Upper tribunal : 14th January
learner29 wrote:
Hi all

Hi

Sorry a bit confused as you mentioned that HO appealed to UT after one month while they should have only 14 days to appeal in UT after promulgation of the decision.

In my case HO appealed for permission to the UT 5 days late. The judge did not accept the 5 days delay and went on to further explain the FTT decision. I received the decision within 13 days.

I contacted MP and within a week got my £140 refunded from HO as appeal fee. Have also received letter of my ILR granted received from HO along with passports. I will contact whether my solicitor has also received my BRP card.

BSatti
Pakistan

Post by BSatti » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:12 pm

Yes HO lodged the appeal to UTT almost two weeks after the deadline. So we are hoping it will be rejected on that basis only. Actually We contacted MP and sent email to HO after the 14 day deadline was past, but instead of issuing BRP, they challenged the decision in UTT.

That's great. Congratulations ! Hope you get your BRP soon too.

learner29

Post by learner29 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 pm

BSatti wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:12 pm
Yes HO lodged the appeal to UTT almost two weeks after the deadline. So we are hoping it will be rejected on that basis only. Actually We contacted MP and sent email to HO after the 14 day deadline was past, but instead of issuing BRP, they challenged the decision in UTT.

Well for the same reason, I contacted MP way too late after the permission to UT was refused. Permission to UT was refused on the 19th Nov and I contacted MP after 10th of January, as I did not want to wake up HO so that they can lodge an appeal to UT. This is very normal practice with HO, when you contact them for whatever reason they ll look into your file and take some decision which ll go against you, otherwise, your file rests peacefully in some corner at HO.

Well I collected my passports from my solicitor and he said BRP will follow soon at solicitors address. I received MP letter reply from HO too, and they said that ILR confirmation and passports have been sent to the solicitors. For BRP HO said that it ll be issued within 10 working days. But the letter adds on that I have changed my address and did not update my address with HO. But I dont want to update my address as at the previous correspondence address I still have full access, so I can receive my BRP at solicitors address or previous address.

It has been more than 14 working days now and I am still waiting for the BRP. Can I contact HO on the determination team email for the BRP as I believe they send out BRP pretty fast. Do you have any other address to contact HO specifically for BRP? The letter I received from HO also shows the address to contact for re-delivery of BRP in case it has been returned.
I may call HO regarding this BRP issue.

I hope HO appeal is rejected to the UT in your case but it takes months to decide on any appeal. Its so frustrating waiting for another appeal outcome, you should have waited for a few more weeks before contacting HO.

Anyways best of luck

BSatti
Pakistan

Post by BSatti » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:28 pm

You may contact HO on the determinations email address, they should be able to help you with the address issue. May be HO is waiting for your response on the address change.

Good news for us. HO appeal to UTT is refused this week. Hope to get the passports and BRP now, but staying silent for now so not contacting HO.

learner29 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 pm
BSatti wrote:

Well for the same reason, I contacted MP way too late after the permission to UT was refused. Permission to UT was refused on the 19th Nov and I contacted MP after 10th of January, as I did not want to wake up HO so that they can lodge an appeal to UT. This is very normal practice with HO, when you contact them for whatever reason they ll look into your file and take some decision which ll go against you, otherwise, your file rests peacefully in some corner at HO.

Well I collected my passports from my solicitor and he said BRP will follow soon at solicitors address. I received MP letter reply from HO too, and they said that ILR confirmation and passports have been sent to the solicitors. For BRP HO said that it ll be issued within 10 working days. But the letter adds on that I have changed my address and did not update my address with HO. But I dont want to update my address as at the previous correspondence address I still have full access, so I can receive my BRP at solicitors address or previous address.

It has been more than 14 working days now and I am still waiting for the BRP. Can I contact HO on the determination team email for the BRP as I believe they send out BRP pretty fast. Do you have any other address to contact HO specifically for BRP? The letter I received from HO also shows the address to contact for re-delivery of BRP in case it has been returned.

I hope HO appeal is rejected to the UT in your case but it takes months to decide on any appeal. Its so frustrating waiting for another appeal outcome, you should have waited for a few more weeks before contacting HO.

Anyways best of luck

learner29

Post by learner29 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:54 pm

BSatti wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:28 pm
You may contact HO on the determinations email address, they should be able to help you with the address issue. May be HO is waiting for your response on the address change.

Good news for us. HO appeal to UTT is refused this week. Hope to get the passports and BRP now, but staying silent for now so not contacting HO.

learner29 wrote:
BSatti wrote:

Anyways best of luck
Congratulations... I hope you get passports and BRP as soon as possible...please refrain from contacting HO, let them sleep for a while.

Well as far as my BRP is concerned I emailed them using the Determination email you pointed out, got a reply from them saying that Implementation Team will look into it, not the Determination Team. They have forwarded the email to the Implementation Team and said I will get response from them soon.

While browsing BRP online, luckily found an online Form submission page, from HO specifically dedicated to the non delivery of BRP after HO letter for ILR grant is received. The page says as BRP delivery is totally tracked so they ll be able to tell where the BRP is. It takes 5 working days to get a response from them, Hopefully will get a response from them by Monday or Tuesday. I am pasting the link in case you need it in the future.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived

Mr-AD
Newly Registered

Post by Mr-AD » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:10 am

learner29 wrote:
Hi all

Hi Learner

Congrats , could you please share the MP letter because i have to contact as my application is pending as well

Thanks

BSatti
Pakistan

Post by BSatti » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Thanks a lot.

I have received my BRP today. Long journey but got it in the end.
learner29 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:54 pm
BSatti wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:28 pm

learner29 wrote:
BSatti wrote:

Anyways best of luck
Congratulations... I hope you get passports and BRP as soon as possible...please refrain from contacting HO, let them sleep for a while.

Well as far as my BRP is concerned I emailed them using the Determination email you pointed out, got a reply from them saying that Implementation Team will look into it, not the Determination Team. They have forwarded the email to the Implementation Team and said I will get response from them soon.

While browsing BRP online, luckily found an online Form submission page, from HO specifically dedicated to the non delivery of BRP after HO letter for ILR grant is received. The page says as BRP delivery is totally tracked so they ll be able to tell where the BRP is. It takes 5 working days to get a response from them, Hopefully will get a response from them by Monday or Tuesday. I am pasting the link in case you need it in the future.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived