ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier-2 ICT to Tier-4 dependent visa inside the UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mahmoud_salah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Switching from Tier-2 ICT to Tier-4 dependent visa inside the UK

Post by mahmoud_salah » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:55 pm

I am currently on a Tier-2 ICT with my wife a 1 year old child as a dependent, My visa will expire at 2022 and my wife and my kid visa's will expire at 2021.
My wife want to start studying the masters and our question, Are we able to switch from Tier-2 ICT and Tier-2 ICT dependent to Tier-4 from inside the UK?
If not, and we need to do it from our home country, Do we need to cancel the Tier-2 visa first or we can switch our visas from our home country?
Can my wife switch first to Tier-4 visa with my child and afterwards Can I switch to be her dependent later?

Thanks for your help!

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Re: Switching from Tier-2 ICT to Tier-4 dependent visa inside the UK

Post by SamTiger » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:22 pm

mahmoud_salah wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:55 pm
My wife want to start studying the masters and our question, Are we able to switch from Tier-2 ICT and Tier-2 ICT dependent to Tier-4 from inside the UK?
If not, and we need to do it from our home country, Do we need to cancel the Tier-2 visa first or we can switch our visas from our home country?
Not possible inside UK. She will have to apply for Tier 4 visa from home country. Once she applies, her current Tier 2 dependent leave will get cancelled automatically.
mahmoud_salah wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:55 pm
Can my wife switch first to Tier-4 visa with my child and afterwards Can I switch to be her dependent later?
You have got it rightly. Once their Tier 4 leave is granted and arrived in UK, you can apply for Tier 4 dependent. Do check if her course is long enough to allow dependents.

mahmoud_salah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by mahmoud_salah » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply,

How about my child, Can he get his visa at my home country as well as a dependent?
Or he can do it from inside the UK as well?

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:12 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1-2019.pdf

See point 6, Introduction:
If you are inside the United Kingdom and wish to apply for leave to remain you must make your PBS (Dependants) application online.

6. If you are inside the United Kingdom and wish to apply for leave to remain you must make your PBS
(Dependants) application online. The form you complete will depend on your circumstances:

A Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5 migrant is able to include any dependants applying at the same time on their online application.

mahmoud_salah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by mahmoud_salah » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Thanks Sam,
Just to confirm the below points:
1) My wife needs to apply from our home country?
2) I am the main applicant of Tier-2 ICT, I can switch my visa to Tier-4 dependent from inside the UK?
3) My child is a Tier-2 dependent, He can switch to Tier-4 Dependent from inside the UK?

Thanks a lot for your support.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:33 am

mahmoud_salah wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm
1) My wife needs to apply from our home country?
Yes. See https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa
mahmoud_salah wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm
2) I am the main applicant of Tier-2 ICT, I can switch my visa to Tier-4 dependent from inside the UK?
3) My child is a Tier-2 dependent, He can switch to Tier-4 Dependent from inside the UK?
Yes. See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-3373 > Who can apply in the UK?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mahmoud_salah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by mahmoud_salah » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks you for your great support :)

mahmoud_salah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by mahmoud_salah » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi again,

Sorry but I have another question, I read that my wife can study with the Tier-2 ICT dependent visa, But we want to transfer it to Tier-4, Would that be allowed even that she still have like 2 years left in her Tier-2 visa dependent visa?
Is that depending on the university or the home office?

Thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 am

mahmoud_salah wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 pm
I read that my wife can study with the Tier-2 ICT dependent visa, But we want to transfer it to Tier-4, Would that be allowed even that she still have like 2 years left in her Tier-2 visa dependent visa?
Yes. See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... eave-ecb22

Given your wife's ongoing questions about her Tier 4 application, I suggest she gets advice on the application from the international student adviser at her university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:28 pm

Yes it is always the best way to have a discussion with the international visa team in your wife's university on your circumstances.
mahmoud_salah wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:19 pm
I read that my wife can study with the Tier-2 ICT dependent visa, But we want to transfer it to Tier-4, Would that be allowed even that she still have like 2 years left in her Tier-2 visa dependent visa?
Is that depending on the university or the home office?
Your wife will be allowed to study in her current leave as your dependant. At present, HO rules do not allow switching over to Tier 4 from Tier 2 ICT dependant, even if someone has plenty of leave left in their Tier 2 ICT dependant visa. You can see for yourselves the allowed routes:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/ ... -this-visa

It has nothing to do with the university but the Home Office rules.

mahmoud_salah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by mahmoud_salah » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:18 pm

Hi Sam,

Thanks you for the reply.
Just to make sure of what you said, So my wife will need to have a new application for the Tier-4 from her home country, But the Tier-2 ICT dependent will be cancelled before or after the Tier-4 new application.
So for example if the Tier-4 application was rejected for any reason, the Tier-2 ICT dependent will still be valid or cancelled automatically?

Thanks a lot for your great support.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:20 pm

mahmoud_salah wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:18 pm
Just to make sure of what you said, So my wife will need to have a new application for the Tier-4 from her home country, But the Tier-2 ICT dependent will be cancelled before or after the Tier-4 new application.
So for example if the Tier-4 application was rejected for any reason, the Tier-2 ICT dependent will still be valid or cancelled automatically?
You have now asked pretty much the same question 5 times! Given your clear anxiety about these applications, I strongly suggest you get professional one-to-one advice from the international student adviser at the university.

mahmoud_salah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by mahmoud_salah » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Ok Thank you anyway.

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:09 pm

mahmoud_salah wrote:
Just to make sure of what you said, So my wife will need to have a new application for the Tier-4 from her home country
Yes
mahmoud_salah wrote:
But the Tier-2 ICT dependent will be cancelled before or after the Tier-4 new application.
Once submitting new visa application, previous visa (even if any leave left) will get cancelled automatically.
mahmoud_salah wrote:
Your previous visa will be invalid once you submit a new visa application.

You appears to have lots of questions on this regard, which is quite understandable since it involves time and money. If you expect clarity further, do list your questions and meet International visa advice teams in the university. They will be more happy to help as they're authorised to guide prospective students.

Good luck!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:12 pm

SamTiger wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:09 pm
mahmoud_salah wrote:
Just to make sure of what you said, So my wife will need to have a new application for the Tier-4 from her home country
Yes
mahmoud_salah wrote:
But the Tier-2 ICT dependent will be cancelled before or after the Tier-4 new application.
Once submitting new visa application, previous visa (even if any leave left) will get cancelled automatically.
mahmoud_salah wrote:

You appears to have lots of questions on this regard, which is quite understandable since it involves time and money. If you expect clarity further, do list your questions and meet International visa advice teams in the university. They will be more happy to help as they're authorised to guide prospective students.

Good luck!
Correction. It is not at point of visa application submission that the previous visa is superceded. It is only when and if a new visa is issued/granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:15 pm

SamTiger wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:09 pm
???

Extant leave is cancelled if new entry clearance is granted and issued, not just because someone has made an application. See https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... eave-ecb22

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Thanks for your insights!! 8)

mahmoud_salah
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by mahmoud_salah » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks a lot for all the responses, It is very clear to me now :)