ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sghughes42
Newly Registered

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by sghughes42 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:24 pm

"If you are unable to provide your passport explain why on page 22 and supply
letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s...
Looks like we might have to delay this slightly then to have enough evidence. We only have what we used for the ILR application which is 2.5 years plus the few months since then. Only a few months more needed to meet the 3 years though.

I'd be very interested to know why only Taiwan and Northern Cyprus are singled out this way. Oh, and it says we must send the passport - does this still apply, or do we just need to show it and the UKVCAS appointment?
As for centers, I referred to HO website for an updated guidance because there is very little this forum can do in terms of why there are few centers or when more will be opened.
Sorry, I think my reply came across wrongly there. I was hoping that with the experience and insight on here someone might have heard about more centres, the various websites related to this are very scant on information and to be honest I don't have much faith on them being improved any time soon.

The UKVI announcement for this new service also mentions that 'on demand' and 'mobile' services will be available, for example on university campuses. Has anyone managed to locate any further information relating to this? My wife works at Sheffield Uni but no-one there is aware that this can / will be happening.

abdul_h009
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by abdul_h009 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 am

hello ,
i have applied for the citizenship in November 2018 using the new service and i filled the application online but i made the mistake that i didn't fulfill the good character being in UK and received the letter from home office asking me to provide the immigration history and i did send the proof and they have received the letter on 31 jan 2019 and after that no response so far , anyone can help me like how long will it take for them to send me the decision thanks . what is the processing time ..

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:17 am

abdul_h009 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 am
hello ,
i have applied for the citizenship in November 2018 using the new service and i filled the application online but i made the mistake that i didn't fulfill the good character being in UK and received the letter from home office asking me to provide the immigration history and i did send the proof and they have received the letter on 31 jan 2019 and after that no response so far , anyone can help me like how long will it take for them to send me the decision thanks . what is the processing time ..
Home Office only ever quote six months, though processing times reported here are between one and three months. Clearly the mistake has delayed your application but no one here can tell you when then decision is due.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by smarioana91 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:50 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:21 pm
For those who may not have noticed, just saw a post in the January timeline of getting approval within 4 weeks of biometrics. here's hoping to see more of the same.
that would be phenomenal! Let's hope.

Daisy99
Newly Registered

Post by Daisy99 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks to all who help us here.I had my ILR-M visa a couple of weeks ago.I am going to apply for citizenship.Can you tell me which documents are now required for the spouse of a British citizen
,please? I don't work in the UK.I have been volunteering at Age UK for 2 years.Which documents must I use for proving I live here. Do I need my husband's documents again(his work contract,p60's etc)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:29 pm

Daisy99 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:20 pm
Hi,
Thanks to all who help us here.I had my ILR-M visa a couple of weeks ago.I am going to apply for citizenship.Can you tell me which documents are now required for the spouse of a British citizen
,please? I don't work in the UK.I have been volunteering at Age UK for 2 years.Which documents must I use for proving I live here. Do I need my husband's documents again(his work contract,p60's etc)?
You need your husband British passport.

Your passports are proof of residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daisy99
Newly Registered

Post by Daisy99 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I am not getting stamps on my passport at the airports9I have BPR card) when travelling. What other proofs might suffice?

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:10 am

is it worth sending an email to the home office to get any kind of update if it has not been 6 months yet?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:10 am
is it worth sending an email to the home office to get any kind of update if it has not been 6 months yet?
Not really no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mariefairie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Mariefairie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am

Can I take my 10 month old with me to the appointment? Also does my husband need to be with me ? If not he can take the baby for a walk.. I can be alone there but if husband needs to be there with me can 10 month old be allowed in? Thanks

t-mor
Newly Registered

Post by t-mor » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:30 pm

I currently have an application for FLR. I used the UKVCAS and up to date the home office case worker can not see my files which have been uploaded twice to UKVCAS website. There are a lot of things wrong with this service, you would notice it when you go for your appointment. It's very frustrating as three week from submission for a next day decision my application has still not been started as the case worker cannot see the uploaded files and i have pressure from work to bring in a renewed permit.

My advice to all is use the old exiting service till this one is tried and tested.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 am

t-mor wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:30 pm
I currently have an application for FLR. I used the UKVCAS and up to date the home office case worker can not see my files which have been uploaded twice to UKVCAS website. There are a lot of things wrong with this service, you would notice it when you go for your appointment. It's very frustrating as three week from submission for a next day decision my application has still not been started as the case worker cannot see the uploaded files and i have pressure from work to bring in a renewed permit.

My advice to all is use the old exiting service till this one is tried and tested.
This topic is for British citizenship applications ONLY.

Please post your FLR queries in the family immigration sub forum, link below, to avoid this thread going completely off topic.

immigration-for-family-members/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hai123
Newly Registered
India

Post by hai123 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:04 am

Naturalisation new online application
Under Documents section
From the list of documents below, provide as many as you can. Tick each document to confirm that you have read the requirement, even if you cannot send it.

Proof of living in the UK for Mr ____
If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you are married to, or the partner of, a British citizen).
If you do not have your passport, or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.
Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.

Hello All,
With reference to above requirement, it says include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years. Pls kindly clarify below points for me
1. Do I need scan all stamped pages of passport (to show entry and exit) covering last 5 years
2. Two years ago, I have renewed my passport. Do I need to submit my old passport copy as well?
3. Referee declaration letters- do I need to post it to UKBA or only scan copies are fine?
4. For professional referee- one of my friend is working as a Senior executive and he got it doctorate degree (PhD), so will a PhD person by default considered as a professional referee.

Pls advice

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:04 pm

got my approval today using the new online system.

I have my citizenship ceremony on 5th March and on 22nd March am travelling outside the country.

Do you think that will be enough time to receive the British passport? What I don't want is to send my BRP after the ceremony back to home office but the passport not arriving in time for my travel.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:10 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:04 pm

I have my citizenship ceremony on 5th March and on 22nd March am travelling outside the country.

Do you think that will be enough time to receive the British passport? What I don't want is to send my BRP after the ceremony back to home office but the passport not arriving in time for my travel.
Your ILR BRP becomes void once you become British. As you still have to apply for a passport once you have attended the ceremony, you risk not having it in time as it is shortly before Easter holidays, which is considered a busy time at HMPO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Just applied today (for my wife) via new service and we cant get any appointments for the next 2 weeks in Liverpool or any other enhanced centre surprisingly (as per my understanding only there are 6 core centres and 50 enhanced centres (libraries), but we cant even see any availability for paid ones at enhanced centres.

The system does not show any appointments for ANY enhanced centres (library). I double checked even changing postcodes and different cities.

The only options showing are paid ones that is London Premium, Manchester or Croydon that too paid and nothing free till 6th March.

We want to book at Liverpool as my wife cant travel due to personal circumstances (so we are kinda stuck!)

Do the appointments appear on daily basis? I called UKVCAS and they told me to look on daily basis and were not helpful.

Anyone has similar experience?

Thank you
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:10 pm
bookerw100 wrote:

Your ILR BRP becomes void once you become British. As you still have to apply for a passport once you have attended the ceremony, you risk not having it in time as it is shortly before Easter holidays, which is considered a busy time at HMPO.
so what are my options then, defer my ceremony?

and what happens if I don't defer my ceremony but don't get my british passport in time, can I travel using foreign passport and enter the UK back using the naturalisation certificate?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:53 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:51 pm
CR001 wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:

and what happens if I don't defer my ceremony but don't get my british passport in time, can I travel using foreign passport and enter the UK back using the naturalisation certificate?
Either defer ceremony or don't travel or risk using a invalid BRP to get back into the UK.

Naturalisation cert is NOT a travel document, it is just a printed piece of paper, which an airline is highly unlikely to accept.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:53 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:

Either defer ceremony or don't travel or risk using a invalid BRP to get back into the UK.

Naturalisation cert is NOT a travel document, it is just a printed piece of paper, which an airline is highly unlikely to accept.
:( I have to travel as it is all booked. Looks like I might have to defer which is annoying.

what if I write to home office explaining that I will be travelling using existing ILR as a one off

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:02 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:58 pm
CR001 wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

:( I have to travel as it is all booked. Looks like I might have to defer which is annoying.

what if I write to home office explaining that I will be travelling using existing ILR as a one off
Don't expect any response from HO. They don't care. Your ILR is completely superceded the day you become British.

No one has every reported on the forum getting a £1000 fine for not returning their BRP, but I guess there is always a first time. Note also that for your passport, you have to send your original Naturalisation certificate anyway, so you won't even have that if your passport is delayed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:02 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:

Don't expect any response from HO. They don't care. Your ILR is completely superceded the day you become British.

No one has every reported on the forum getting a £1000 fine for not returning their BRP, but I guess there is always a first time. Note also that for your passport, you have to send your original Naturalisation certificate anyway, so you won't even have that if your passport is delayed.
hmm I see what you mean. I wonder what will happen if someone who has attended ceremony shows up at the border with their ILR. Technically they can't stop you from entering as you are already british but they might fine you I guess...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:16 pm
CR001 wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

hmm I see what you mean. I wonder what will happen if someone who has attended ceremony shows up at the border with their ILR. Technically they can't stop you from entering as you are already british but they might fine you I guess...
If you apply for your passport on the same day as your ceremony, you might well receive it in time. If you have booked a group ceremony, perhaps you could get a sooner date if you opt for the private ceremony which costs extra.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Mariefairie wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:52 am
Can I take my 10 month old with me to the appointment? Also does my husband need to be with me ? If not he can take the baby for a walk.. I can be alone there but if husband needs to be there with me can 10 month old be allowed in? Thanks
Yes, they can be with you, no problem.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:16 pm
CR001 wrote:
bookerw100 wrote:

If you apply for your passport on the same day as your ceremony, you might well receive it in time. If you have booked a group ceremony, perhaps you could get a sooner date if you opt for the private ceremony which costs extra.
thanks for your input CR001.

man this is just a good forum not just the knowledge but just a place where you can come discuss, rant etc People who have all gone through these processes connect on a certain level ;)

Daisy99
Newly Registered

Post by Daisy99 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:51 pm

Can you tell me,please?
I am going to apply for citizenship.Which one is the quickest way to learn the result?
Is it better to apply for passport and citizeship at the same time?
Thank you very much for the replies.