ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Glasgow PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajumr
Newly Registered

ILR success at Glasgow PEO

Post by rajumr » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Hello Folks,
Many thanks to courteous people who answer questions on this forum. I got most of my doubts clarified through this forum.

My ILR application was approved yesterday at Glasgow PEO. It took just about 90 minutes from submitting our application to receiving passports with ILR stamp.

The application included my dependants, wife and son.

The caseworker was impressed with the documentation that I provided. No questions were asked. The only discussion he had with us after checking the documents was about our scores in life in uk test, how many questions we thought we had answered correct and who would treat who on better score and the likes.

Anyway, here is my case:
I was initially on a workpermit and then moved to HSMP. I applied on the first eligible day (i.e. 28 days prior to completing 5 years).

Total number of days outside UK were about 140. No breaks in employment.

I was concerned about couple of issues with my application. I have mentioned them in the following topics
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=
http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

The documents that I had submitted were:
1. SET(O) form
2. Original HSMP and workpermit approval letters
3. Life in UK pass certificates
4. P60 forms from 2003-2008 (one of them was a photocopy, and the rest are originals)
5. Last 12 payslips
6. Other payslips (not for every month, but an average of 3-4 for every year)
7. Letters from current and previous employers (I had included all the letters that I obtained from my employers for various purposes. They were about 10 in total, with roughly the same content, but issue date being different)
8. Letter from employer including my detailed job specification
9. Last 6 months bank statements
10. P45 from previous employer
11. My private pension documents
12. Address proof documents (not for every month, but had provided a combination of tenancy agreement, utility bills or bank statements for every year)
13. My MSc certificate (did part-time Masters in UK).

The other documents that I provided were to address the issue #1 (missing entry stamp)
1. Letter from my employer confirming the arrival date in UK (starting date of employment), my temporary NI number, the date I was assigned and the permanent NI number.
2. The first 6 months of payslips
3. Proof of attending an interview for NI number
4. 2003-2004 P60 form

The documents provided to address the issue #2 (driving offence)
1. Counterpart driving licence with endorsements
2. Personal reference letter from a top executive in my company.
3. Highlighting in my covering letter that the incident happened purely due to inexperience on road and is very unlikely to be repeated.

Though the guidelines didn't ask documents for dependent, I had provided the following for my wife
1. Marriage certificate
2. 5 bank statements on her name (spread over last one year)
3. Her volunteering experience documents
4. Her MSc certificate (obtained in UK)

The only document that I had provided for my 2 month old son was his birth certificate.

Let me know if you need any information from my experience.

All the best for future applicants.

cheers
Raju

netacct

Post by netacct » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Congratulations Raju for your ILR success and thanks for your detailed note that will help others who are about to apply.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:03 pm

THANKS for eloborate description

this is a very kind way of paying back the support received from forum

it will defantely helpful to those seeking guidance on ILR issues

Good luck

thesaint

Post by thesaint » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Congratulations

and by the way i had my FLR(M) AND ILR from Glasgow office they are really brilliant very polite , efficient and its not busy too
My case was straightforward but i felt more comfortable when i dealt with the staff

So its a good recommendation to use this office if you can

sharkish
Newly Registered

Pls Advice

Post by sharkish » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:21 am

Hi,
At the outset pls accept our congratulations.

We are too a small family appearing for ILR interview. We have a couple of doubts:

1) Should the whole family go to the case worker or is it only the principal applicant?.

2) How are the photos of dependents be attached? is it to the main application along with applicant or should they be given seperately to the case worler when asked?

In the above what was your experience. Pls advice as its highly appreciated and it will be very helpful. Pls PM.
Regards..

rajumr
Newly Registered

To sharkish

Post by rajumr » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:52 am

Hello sharkish,
They told me that my wife needed to attend along with me, but NOT my little son. Since my son was too young to be left with others, we took him to the PEO.

I have attached the photographs of myself and my dependents using paper clips to the relevant pages in the application.

Hope this helps

cheers
Raju

rajumr
Newly Registered

To sharkish

Post by rajumr » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:54 am

Hello sharkish,
They told me that my wife needed to attend along with me, but NOT my little son. Since my son was too young to be left with others, we took him to the PEO.

I have attached the photographs of myself and my dependents using paper clips to the relevant pages in the application.

Hope this helps

cheers
Raju

rajumr
Newly Registered

To sharkish

Post by rajumr » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:00 am

ooops...sorry. duplicate replies.

samW
Newly Registered

Post by samW » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Raju,

Please could you provide me a template/sample of the employer's letter

Thanks
Sam

mama
Newly Registered

Post by mama » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:14 pm

hi rajumr
i am also applying for ILR with my husband and son next friday at croydon PEO. I was not planning on taking my one year old son along to the PEO so it was reassuring when you said babies dont have to attend the appointment!

I was told that you need to carry the originals and a set of photocopies of all the documents that you submit? Is that true/necessary?

also how was the letter of your employer worded?
My employer has stated:

This is to confirm that Ms xyz joined <company name> as <job title> on <exact date of joining> on a permanent basis.
She continues to be employed in the same role. Her current salary is £12345 per annum.

Do you think this is sufficient? If it is not, then I need to get my HR to issue me another letter soon.

I am not telling my employer why I need the letter because I dont plan on telling them that I have ILR after I get it. Or is it a must to inform your employer about applying for ILR?

I appreciate your response. Thanks a lot.

whirly

Post by whirly » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:24 am

Answers below in bold...
mama wrote:hi rajumr
i am also applying for ILR with my husband and son next friday at croydon PEO. I was not planning on taking my one year old son along to the PEO so it was reassuring when you said babies dont have to attend the appointment!

I was told that you need to carry the originals and a set of photocopies of all the documents that you submit? Is that true/necessary?

I didn't bring photocopies, only originals. The IO copied the relevant docs herself. If you are applying via post, though, definitely make copies of everything!

also how was the letter of your employer worded?
My employer has stated:

This is to confirm that Ms xyz joined <company name> as <job title> on <exact date of joining> on a permanent basis.
She continues to be employed in the same role. Her current salary is £12345 per annum.

Do you think this is sufficient? If it is not, then I need to get my HR to issue me another letter soon.

Our letters were the same format as yours. The IO didn't even ask for them - she looked at payslips instead. Note: it might (?) make a difference if you are applying on the basis of employment instead of marriage. Our application was for ILR on the basis of marriage. Still, I felt better having something from our employers just in case.

I am not telling my employer why I need the letter because I dont plan on telling them that I have ILR after I get it. Or is it a must to inform your employer about applying for ILR?

I don't think there is any requirement to inform your employer about your new status. Of course, if your employer has sponsored a work permit for you, they might appreciate knowing about it. I think it would depend on how you get your ILR (work vs. marriage/other).

Good luck!

I appreciate your response. Thanks a lot.

republique
BANNED

Re: To sharkish

Post by republique » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:53 am

rajumr wrote:Hello sharkish,

Hope this helps

cheers
Raju
Who got the best score on the uK test?

mama
Newly Registered

Post by mama » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:58 pm

Thank you whirly for all your responses. I hope it all goes ok.

I am applying for ILR after completing 5 years as a work permit holder.

I suppose I could inform my employer after obtaining PR. In any case, I think I have to since I am going to put in a case for Flexi working (cant manage full time with my 1 year old son around). As a WP holder, I suppose i cant ask for any favourable changes to my terms & conditions of employment but after ILR I can! Whether they give it to me or not is another issue..

rajumr
Newly Registered

To mama

Post by rajumr » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:29 pm

Hello Mama,
I think the letter you got from your employer should be sufficient.

Here is the format of the letter that I got from my employer.

"To whom it may concern:

I can confirm that <full name> is employed by <company name> and has been since <starting date of employment>. He is employed by us on a permanent basis and there are no plans which would affect this status. Mr. Mohanapu is employed in the capacity of <position>. His current gross annual salary is <salary>.

We fully support Mr. Mohanapu's application for ILR. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information regarding his employment with us."

BTW, I carried all originals to PEO. I didn't have any photocopies of the documents.

All the best

cheers
Raju

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Re: To mama

Post by gainvidya » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:55 am

rajumr wrote:Hello Mama,
I think the letter you got from your employer should be sufficient.

Here is the format of the letter that I got from my employer.

"To whom it may concern:

I can confirm that <full name> is employed by <company name> and has been since <starting date of employment>. He is employed by us on a permanent basis and there are no plans which would affect this status. Mr. Mohanapu is employed in the capacity of <position>. His current gross annual salary is <salary>.

We fully support Mr. Mohanapu's application for ILR. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further information regarding his employment with us."

BTW, I carried all originals to PEO. I didn't have any photocopies of the documents.

All the best

cheers
Raju
Please can someone assist me on this. I am on WP and preparing to apply for ILR (5 yrs WP)in a months time. I am currently working with my employer from last 3 years on WP which was filed for company <ABC Ltd.>. Within 1.5 years time company ABC was taken over by a another BIG company <XYZ Ltd.>. Company ABC is still functioning and listed in Companies house website but the finance and HR dept are operated under the main company letter head i.e. XZY and hence from last 1.5 yrs I get all my pay slip and official letter in the new company letter head i.e.<XYZ Ltd>.

My question was When I plan to request my HR dept to issue me the above letter for ILR which they would do in thier the parent company letter head XYZ should I request them to mention that the original WP company is part of it or still functioning.

To prove the take over I have news printout from BBC website which hopefully should be fine.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:14 am

I guess its better to start a new topic for someone to reply my query :(