ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent - FLRM application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

ILR dependent - FLRM application

Post by alpharomeo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Hi seniors and gurus,

Just checking I recently have got my ILR on 10 years route, previous lave to remain was Tier 1 ENT.

My spouse has got Tier 1 Ent dependent leave to remain until Sept 2019, can she travel with me on it before switching?

Secondly, when switching to FLRM 2 x 2.5 years years, does my spouse need to fulfill English language requirements again as previously held IELTS for exams which expired almost 10 months ago? and do we need it again on the second extension as most of the English tests are valid for 2 years max.

Documents attaching:
Spouse Passport
Spouse BRP
Income proof of combine income more then GBP18600/- (last six months pay slips, bank statement)
English language
Proof of living together (joint bank account and combine bills)

Settled spouse passport and BRP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR dependent - FLRM application

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Risky to travel before switching. On tetune her visa could be canceled and she could be refused entry (yes this has happened to forum members).

She needs English A1 that is current and on the current HO approved list of tests and test providers.

For second flr m she needs A2. She can however do B1 now if she wishes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 am

Thank you @CR001

For further clarification, can we take IELTS as the format is more familiar? secondly, is it compulsory to attend UKVI IELTS or English test centers or we can attempt IELTS at any city collage or university campus?

Lastly, are the documents ok mentioned in my initial post for the FLRM post.

When I was looking online at gov.uk website am I filling the correct form "Apply as spouse of settled person in UK"??

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:46 am

For further clarification, can we take IELTS as the format is more familiar? secondly, is it compulsory to attend UKVI IELTS or English test centers or we can attempt IELTS at any city collage or university campus?
You must to do and approved test at an HO approved test centre which is on the most recent test centre list. You cannot just go to 'any' college to do it.
If they cover at least 2 years, you need items from 6 different sources.
When I was looking online at gov.uk website am I filling the correct form "Apply as spouse of settled person in UK"??
Yes, form FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 am

Thank you for your prompt reply.

What exactly you mean for 6 different sources?? we are living together in UK since 2015. had last (Tier 1) extension together? Can you please elaborate a bit more please. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:12 am

Page 64 in the link below (the old paper form) lists was HO expect to see.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-flrm

Thames Water would be ONE source, for example. Council tax will be another source.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:46 am

I don't think 6 piece of documents of cohabitation are required for initial application (2.5 years ) of spouse visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:07 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:31 pm
CR001 wrote:

I don't think 6 piece of documents of cohabitation are required for initial application (2.5 years ) of spouse visa.
@seagul what should I provide ideally?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:11 pm

alpharomeo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:07 pm
seagul wrote:
CR001 wrote:

@seagul what should I provide ideally?
Any recent document which shows proof of address. There is no need of previous 2 years of cohabitation documents for initial spouse visa. See for more detail:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:07 am

My wife is also intend to change from Tier 2 Dependent ---> Family of Settled Person. She is living with me from over 3 years and still have 1.5 year visa left.

Just a bit curious there are no rules prohibiting her from changing to FLR within UK after living 3+ years?

Is there a timeline that after my SET-LR granted, she has to change within few days or she can change before the expiry for Tier 2 Dependent visa?

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 am

seagul wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I would think its wise to provide the cohabitation anyway for the switch. The cohabitation documents were also required as part of my SET-LR application, I really don't know why.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 am

frmglasgow wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:07 am
My wife is also intend to change from Tier 2 Dependent ---> Family of Settled Person. She is living with me from over 3 years and still have 1.5 year visa left.

Just a bit curious there are no rules prohibiting her from changing to FLR within UK after living 3+ years?

Is there a timeline that after my SET-LR granted, she has to change within few days or she can change before the expiry for Tier 2 Dependent visa?
1. You should continue to post your questions in your own topic please!!

2. She has no option but to switch to FLR(M) if you apply for long residence ILR, so not sure what your concerns are re 'prohibiting her from changing to FLR within the UK after living 3+ years). Probably best therefore to post in your own topic you already have or start one.

3. Before expiry of dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:15 am

[quote=CR001 post_id=1745122 time=1550661033 user_id=70994]
[quote=frmglasgow post_id=1745118 time=1550660862 user_id=206455]
Sorry about that.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:35 pm

frmglasgow wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 am

I would think its wise to provide the cohabitation anyway for the switch. The cohabitation documents were also required as part of my SET-LR application, I really don't know why.
Not needs for first spouse visa application which is different than SET-LR application.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Hello CR001 and all seniors and fellows,

Finally, I am all set to apply for my spouse initial FLR(M), my spouse salary its self about 30K, with Class A UK Employer.
1. Do I still need to show my income as main settled person?

2. What number of payslips required/sufficient 6 or 12 with last 6-12 months bank statement?

3. Is is it important to give the HR letter confirming the job and salary f we already providing the payslips?

4. Job contract is for 12 month fix term, with potential to renew the contract. Does it matter?

5. What sort of cohabitation proof would be important gas & electricity bills, council tax, water bill, driving lisence, rent/mortgage agreement?

I will be waiting be for your valuable answers. many thanks.