ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary leave to Citizenship as a spouse of British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dis2018
Newly Registered

Discretionary leave to Citizenship as a spouse of British citizen

Post by Dis2018 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:41 am

Hi All,
I seen many post regarding this , but no one has given an answer for this question. I had leave to enter granted outside the immigration rules after my application to enter UK as a spouse and i went for an appeal and been granted on article 8. My first leave was granted on Feb 2013 and the i extended it on March 2015 and again on March 2018. Now i got my ILR without any restriction on Jan 2019. Now my question is can i apply for citizenship straight away as a spouse of BC or do i have to wait for 12 months before i make my application. Can please some one could help me with an answer . Ive seen some people's post with similar situation been applied for Citizenship please let me know if guys had a decision on your application.
It would be really kind if any of help me with an answer.

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Discretionary leave to Citizenship as a spouse of British citizen

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:55 am

You can apply straight away if married to a British citizen, provided you meet the 3 years residence requirement and the Good Character requirement, LIUK and English B1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dis2018
Newly Registered

Post by Dis2018 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:55 am
You can apply straight away if married to a British citizen, provided you meet the 3 years residence requirement and the Good Character requirement, LIUK and English B1.
Thanks for your quick reply. I am OK with the other requirements. Just got a problem with good character requirement. I came to UK illegally in feb 2005 and claimed asylum under false name and stayed illegally until Dec 2010 ,voluntarily went home and came clean with all the details when i applied for my spouse visa, that's why my entry clearance got refused and i went to the tribunal and got my first visa (leave to enter outside the immigration rules) in Feb 2013 and the rest as mentioned above on previous post . Will my past immigration history affect my application now ? Or do i have to wait for certain period. I am thinking of applying for it now and try my luck.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:26 pm

You can apply no sooner than 10 years from your date you left the UK or ideally, 10 years from when you arrived back in the UK.

If you apply now and are refused, you lose your fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Dis2018
Newly Registered

Post by Dis2018 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 pm

Do they consider any discretion under these kind of circumstances. Good character is the showing their character. Ive made a mistake in the past and ever since I came back I didn't get involved in any problems not even a parking ticket. If I mentioned my circumstances about my past is there any chance do you think

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Dis2018 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:32 pm
Do they consider any discretion under these kind of circumstances. Good character is the showing their character. Ive made a mistake in the past and ever since I came back I didn't get involved in any problems not even a parking ticket. If I mentioned my circumstances about my past is there any chance do you think
Nobody will say here if they consider discretion or not. It's up to HO caseworker to decide. You can only check this for 1330 GBP.

Dis2018
Newly Registered

Post by Dis2018 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks so much for your time. I will decide and update you all soon. Once again thanks to all for
Your valuable reply. Given me an opportunity to think.

abbeyisa2018
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by abbeyisa2018 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Any Luck about Citizenship? have you applied?