ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Once arriving in UK.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arsy20
Mood:

Once arriving in UK.

Post by arsy20 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi,

Visa for my wife and son was granted today. They have until the 17th of march to arrive so i presume arriving on the 16th march will okay?

Also is there anything we need to do when they arrive to UK? I know we need to collect BRP within 10 days but how do we notify them, they have arrived?

All we were given were passports with vignettes in, no sort of other instructions.

Casa

Re: Once arriving in UK.

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:35 pm

arsy20 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:28 pm
Hi,

Visa for my wife and son was granted today. They have until the 17th of march to arrive so i presume arriving on the 16th march will okay?

Also is there anything we need to do when they arrive to UK? I know we need to collect BRP within 10 days but how do we notify them, they have arrived?

All we were given were passports with vignettes in, no sort of other instructions.
Notify who? Your wife has to collect her BRP from the Post Office she has designated. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

arsy20
Mood:

Post by arsy20 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Casa wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:35 pm
arsy20 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:28 pm
Hi,

Notify who? Your wife has to collect her BRP from the Post Office she has designated. :idea:
Yes this is what i am asking. There is no instructions at all. All that was given was passports for wife and son. So we just go to the post office and collect BRP and nothing else. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:04 pm

arsy20 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:58 pm
So we just go to the post office and collect BRP and nothing else. Thank you
Yes, with the passports showing the date of entry. Wife and child should go.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CandyLee
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by CandyLee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm

You don't need to notify the HO cause they will just send the BRP to the post office when it's ready. Usually it would state a date of when it will available on your decision letter.
In my own case, I arrived on the 20th of June(the first date of my vignette), but my BRP was not ready for collection until the 27th. So if they are coming a lot latter, their BRP will definitely be ready for collection. 😊

arsy20
Mood:

Post by arsy20 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:11 pm

CandyLee wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm
You don't need to notify the HO cause they will just send the BRP to the post office when it's ready. Usually it would state a date of when it will available on your decision letter.
In my own case, I arrived on the 20th of June(the first date of my vignette), but my BRP was not ready for collection until the 27th. So if they are coming a lot latter, their BRP will definitely be ready for collection. 😊
Thank you. We didn't get a decision letter. Just the passports, which i thought was a bit weird.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:22 pm

My visa was valid from 25 Jan 2019 and I arrived on 14 Fab, collected BRP next day. Just read the letter came back with passports, all the details are just blew the post office address.

arsy20
Mood:

Post by arsy20 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:59 pm

Alam- wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:22 pm
My visa was valid from 25 Jan 2019 and I arrived on 14 Fab, collected BRP next day. Just read the letter came back with passports, all the details are just blew the post office address.
I didn't get a decision letter? Is that going to be an issue. I know where to collect BRP from but no letter was given.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Airport immigration staff do ask that letter despite the entry won't be refused even without it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.