ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant extension after main applicant get ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tn019
Newly Registered
Nepal

PBS dependant extension after main applicant get ILR

Post by tn019 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recent got ILR from 5 years Tier 2 general route. Now, I am planning to resign from the company. But I need to extend my wife's current PBS dependent visa ( her visa expires in next 3 months ) before she can apply for the ILR (she is only eligible for 5 years ILR in next 8 months under PBS dependant). I have started the application online ( I believe that she don't have to wait for 28 days before expiry, she can apply for extension anytime now, is that correct??) and partially filled the form, within the form it is required to fill out the Sponsor license number of the main applicant. So, I am wondering if I should wait for her application to grant and then resign from the current employer. Is this something I need to worry about or my resignation will not cause any issue and I can still use the Sponsor license of the company even I give my resignation. Can anyone please give me some ideas?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: PBS dependant extension after main applicant get ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:24 am

You do not need to be employed at all. That is not relevant anymore because you already been granted ILR and you are NOT under Tier 2 rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tn019
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by tn019 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:52 am

Thanks Zimba for your response, I really appreciate it.

I have couple of more questions, I wonder if you can help.

In the PBS dependant online application form, it is required to fill out the Sponsor license number of the main applicant, if I resign now then can I still use the sponsor license number of the company I am currently with?, could you please let me know.

Also, do I still need to show the evidence of maintenance fund, if so can I use the joint account statement ( me and my wife).

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 am

Your sponsor is not relevant. She should be 'apply alone'. If form doesn't allow you to move on, put in your sponsor details. Irrelevant if you no longer work for them.

Yes you need to show 90 days maintenance funds of £630.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tn019
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by tn019 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Thank you CR001. I really appreciate it.

Could you please explain more about what you mean by "apply alone".

Regarding the 90 days maintenance fund, can she use the joint account statement or does it need to be in the main applicant name only?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Could you please explain more about what you mean by "apply alone".
i.e. she is not apply to join for example. There should also be an option to tick that you have ILR, possibly after the spot to input your sponsor number etc.
Regarding the 90 days maintenance fund, can she use the joint account statement or does it need to be in the main applicant name only?
Either. Your name, her name or joint as long as the funds have been maintained at £630 for 90 days without dipping.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.