ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Carers allowance + EU Rights

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

returntotheuk
Ireland

Carers allowance + EU Rights

Post by returntotheuk » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Is "carer's allowance" classed as a social welfare payment when it comes to applying for extension on a stamp4Fam visa?

My wife was working full time here in Ireland then she became very ill and has since been awarded disability allowance. I work part time and the welfare office told me I should apply for carers allowance as I take care of my wife and our kids. I am British and my wife is NON EU. I am worried that if I claim carer's allowance then it may mean she will be refused a visa extension when her current 5 year visa is up. I have bad arthritis which means it is difficult for me to find a job and much harder to be able to keep it as I have regular episodes where I can hardly get out of bed due to the pain. We also have 3 children who are all in primary school here in Ireland.

Now I am unsure if I should apply for carers allowance, even when welfare told me I should.

Thanks for any advice for any advice.