ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect name details on my naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Name on approval letter

Post by kmlenna » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Just had my naturalisation approved but i’m confused because the name on approval letter is in my maiden name...and I’d applied using my married name. My question is will they put my married name on my certificate? Thank you in advance.

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Re: Name on approval letter

Post by romado » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:53 pm

I believe, it's all mentioned in invitation letters that you received. Quick search in Google shows that paragraph 2 clearly tells what to do if data is incorrect.

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kmlenna » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:00 pm

romado wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:53 pm
I believe, it's all mentioned in invitation letters that you received. Quick search in Google shows that paragraph 2 clearly tells what to do if data is incorrect.
Haven’t receive my ceremony invitation letter yet.

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Ok, it will be there then. I guess you still need to attend ceremony and then send certificate back to home office with your passport and birth certificate in order to correct it.

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kmlenna » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:54 pm

romado wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 pm
Ok, it will be there then. I guess you still need to attend ceremony and then send certificate back to home office with your passport and birth certificate in order to correct it.

I hope the certificate will be in my married name...I don’t understand because when I applied I used my married name and my current passport is in my married name too...oh well I’ll just have to wait for the ceremony letter and see if the details are correct...thanks @romado 😀

romado
Kyrgyzstan

Post by romado » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Humans are humans and sometimes make errors. Good luck!

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Incorrect name details on my naturalisation certificate

Post by kmlenna » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:15 pm

Anyone here experience same issue as mine...the name on my naturalisation certificate is in my maiden name but I applied using my married name and all my supporting documents(including my foreign passport) are in my married name except my PR (which is in my maiden name). What should I do? Do I need to
return my Certificate to HO to change it or will this be a
problem when I apply for my british passport? Thank you

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: Incorrect name details on my naturalisation certificate

Post by johnhkg » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:00 pm

kmlenna wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:15 pm
Anyone here experience same issue as mine...the name on my naturalisation certificate is in my maiden name but I applied using my married name and all my supporting documents(including my foreign passport) are in my married name except my PR (which is in my maiden name). What should I do? Do I need to
The letter from UKVI inviting you to the citizenship ceremony explains what you have to do.

Are you sure it is wrong? The certificate should show two names (if applicable), your name at birth and your current name (i.e. married name)

kmlenna
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Incorrect name details on my naturalisation certificate

Post by kmlenna » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:20 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:00 pm
kmlenna wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:15 pm
The letter from UKVI inviting you to the citizenship ceremony explains what you have to do.

Are you sure it is wrong? The certificate should show two names (if applicable), your name at birth and your current name (i.e. married name)
Yes it’s wrong, no name at birth, and current name is in my maiden name.