ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) refused and back to home countrty. Want to apply for Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashiqkoyisseri
Newly Registered

FLR (M) refused and back to home countrty. Want to apply for Student Visa

Post by ashiqkoyisseri » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi

Immigration History
31/10/2015: Arrived in the UK for the first time on Tier 4 Student Visa.
21/02/2017: Expiry date of student visa
20/02/2017: Applied for an FLR(O) to attend my graduation.
Meanwhile, got in to a relationship with a British.
10/11/2017: FLR(O) refused and Home Office asked to report at their office for signing.
15/11/2017: Applied for an FLR(M) on 15/11/2017 based on the relationship mentioned above.
The signing was once in a month and continued for a couple of months.
10/01/2018: FLR(M) refused and Home Office advised to depart voluntarily.
11/0/2018: Requested Home Office to allow few weeks to depart. The Home Office replied to my solicitor but unfortunately they have not received any message.
19/02/2018: This was a signing day and when I went for signing, they moved me to Immigration removal Centre.
I informed them that I am ready to depart voluntarily. They served me a letter confirming that I agreed to depart voluntarily.
02/03/2018: Departed voluntarily.

In the letter, they have mentioned that I may have to face a one year ban though I departed voluntarily.
The above mentioned relationship did not last for long as the long distance was one of the problems.
Now I'm married (Not a British or EU).
I am currently working in the UAE and would like to study a course that is related to my current job. My intention is genuine but since my immigration history looks bad, I am confused if I should apply for a Tier 4 student visa again.
Can anybody give an advise on this?

Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: FLR (M) refused and back to home countrty. Want to apply for Student Visa

Post by sah10406 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:51 pm

ashiqkoyisseri wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:48 pm
Can anybody give an advise on this?
Having apparently stayed in the UK without any valid leave from 11 November 2017 to 2 March 2018, you are still subject to a 12-month entry clearance ban.

Even after the 12-month ban, any new Tier 4 entry clearance application is highly likely to be heavily scrutinised for credibility and risks refusal on that basis.

So start with your proposed Tier 4 sponsor university. Given your immigration history, they may not have very high hopes of success of a new application, and may not agree to sponsor you for a Tier 4 visa anyway.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 pm

Are you intending to study a Masters or above?
Assuming you graduated with a bachelors degree successfully then your chances are slightly better as you have a proven educational record,
Universities are more cautious than ever so getting a CAS will be harder, once you have that your HO journey is not that bad as you may fear.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:10 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 pm
Are you intending to study a Masters or above?
Assuming you graduated with a bachelors degree successfully then your chances are slightly better as you have a proven educational record,
Universities are more cautious than ever so getting a CAS will be harder, once you have that your HO journey is not that bad as you may fear.
User completed an MBA in 2017.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/switching-to-st ... l#p1520801
ashiqkoyisseri wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:53 am
I have completed my MBA in January 2017, and my student visa has expired in February 2017. I applied for an FLR and its decision has not come yet. Now, I am thinking of switching in to another student visa for some other courses. Is it possible for me to get CAS from any universities and switch to a Tier 4?
I am looking for someone's response in regards to this.

Thank you
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:02 pm

So it is really PhD time.... difficult