ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU 1 or EU 3

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seancool

EU3 - Healthcare Insurance Query

Post by seancool » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:55 am

Dear Team,

Going to apply EU 3 soon, my situation is the EU citizen was unemployed for around half a year in 2016 and on social welfare, but without healthcare insurance for this period, however was sponsored by me with sufficient funds, we don't have a joint account.

The EU citizen is able to provide 5 consecutive years of P60s as soon got the job at the same year.

Having read some threads here, so are they most likely to ask us to provide healthcare insurance certificate to cover the unemployed period?

We obviously can't provide it, is it better maybe to apply EU1 straight away and wait for citizenship approval?

Thank you for your advices!!!

Kind regards,

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU3 - Healthcare Insurance Query

Post by jul1 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:02 pm

seancool wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:55 am
Dear Team,

Going to apply EU 3 soon, my situation is the EU citizen was unemployed for around half a year in 2016 and on social welfare, but without healthcare insurance for this period, however was sponsored by me with sufficient funds, we don't have a joint account.

The EU citizen is able to provide 5 consecutive years of P60s as soon got the job at the same year.

Having read some threads here, so are they most likely to ask us to provide healthcare insurance certificate to cover the unemployed period?

We obviously can't provide it, is it better maybe to apply EU1 straight away and wait for citizenship approval?

Kind regards,

well, maybe worth to try the permanent resident card first, if u are lucky they wont make a big deal about it...

also, if the eu citizen was working, than was out of job for 6 months, maybe u can argue that the freedom of movement directive considers the eu national a worker up to 6 months if they actively looking for a job and they have a good chance to get one, but im not sure if that would be accepted.

If u r going the eu1 way right away, u cant be lucky for sure....:)

If they wont accept any argument why u did not have a comprehensive insurance, it will mean that u were not legally here for 6 months, therefore u broke ur 5 years, i guess that would be 5, cause ur on a eu4fam card.

the rules allow u to collect 5 years overall in the preceding 9 years, so maybe ur citizenship will be delayed 1 year.

seancool

Post by seancool » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:48 pm

jul1 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:02 pm
seancool wrote:
Dear Team,

Kind regards,

well, maybe worth to try the permanent resident card first, if u are lucky they wont make a big deal about it...

also, if the eu citizen was working, than was out of job for 6 months, maybe u can argue that the freedom of movement directive considers the eu national a worker up to 6 months if they actively looking for a job and they have a good chance to get one, but im not sure if that would be accepted.

If they wont accept any argument why u did not have a comprehensive insurance, it will mean that u were not legally here for 6 months, therefore u broke ur 5 years, i guess that would be 5, cause ur on a eu4fam card.

the rules allow u to collect 5 years overall in the preceding 9 years, so maybe ur citizenship will be delayed 1 year.
Thank you for your reply! It doesn't sounds good.....We could approve that the EU citizen was actively looking for job by proving training courses taken etc...

But in the EU 3 form, is there any section requires disclosing the medical insurance information?

Hopefully they won't ask..

And you are saying, if I apply EU 1 again, should be mostly likely fine, right?

I wonder if they create issues for me around medical insurance during unemployed period, can I change my mind and re-apply EU 1 after I have applied EU 3...

Thank you again!!!

seancool

Post by seancool » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:13 pm

jul1 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:02 pm
seancool wrote:
Dear Team,

Kind regards,

Hi Jul1,

I just read EU 3 form, so indeed in section 3, we will have to provide the activities of EU citizen for past 5 years.

I wonder if I tick residing with sufficient resources for that unemployed period, and provide the copies of social welfare records, and mention that everything including rent and electricity bills were paid by me, do you think it would make sense?

Thanks again!

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:08 pm

[/quote]

Hi Jul1,

I just read EU 3 form, so indeed in section 3, we will have to provide the activities of EU citizen for past 5 years.

I wonder if I tick residing with sufficient resources for that unemployed period, and provide the copies of social welfare records, and mention that everything including rent and electricity bills were paid by me, do you think it would make sense?

Thanks again!
[/quote]

u can try it, and try to argue, u could be lucky, and for those months getting the social i think the prsi is sorted but im not 100 % about this, but id say the chances are not too bad, i think there is a difference between being on social welfare and just simply having enough money to be self sufficient.

seancool

Post by seancool » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 pm

jul1 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:08 pm
Hi Jul1,

Thanks again!
[/quote]

u can try it, and try to argue, u could be lucky, and for those months getting the social i think the prsi is sorted but im not 100 % about this, but id say the chances are not too bad, i think there is a difference between being on social welfare and just simply having enough money to be self sufficient.
[/quote]

Thank you again!

I have read some posts here, I guess most likely my EU3 will be declined as EU citizen wasnt covered by health insuance during unemployed period which is compulsory even though we could prove for self sufficient.

Does anyone also know can I submit EU1 again after failure of EU3?

Thank you all.

seancool

Post by seancool » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 am

Anyone has any insight?

If I go for EU 3, and they find out EU citizen didn't have insurance during unemployment, they will decline my application, can I apply for EU 1 after this?

Will this decline affect my citizenship application as decline means I would be illegal here for those months?

Or better to apply for EU 1 and wait for citizenship application?

Btw, I informed the EU Treaty Rights about the unemployment period, they didn't ask any further details only got an automatic reply.

Thank you very much !!!

seancool

Post by seancool » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 pm

Just following up my old post to see anybody have suggestion as to how do I go about my EU3 application.
Thanks!

seancool

EU 1 or EU 3

Post by seancool » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:15 am

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply EU3 soon, however, My EU partner didn't buy healthcare insurance while unemployment for about 6 mths, we got all other documents.

Does anyone know what is the chance to get EU3 in my situation?

If they couldn't proceed with my EU3 due to lack of healthcare insurance document, could I just send in a new application for EU1 and wait for the citizenship?

Thanks a lot !

Regards,
Sean

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU 1 or EU 3

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.