ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4EUFAM Free movement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Stamp4EUFAM Free movement

Post by M7edShin » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:05 pm

Hello Guys,

I have been trying to read and understand the rules if you are a holder of Stamp4EUFAM, Am I allowed to travel freely to any EU country without applying for a visa to the country I am going to (Travelling without my EU spouse). My EU spouse is from one of EEA countries.

Like travelling to Germany, France, or any other EEA?

Also specifically UK?

I understand that travelling with my EU spouse is different and I will be allowed to enter any of those countries but I am asking for travelling on my own. If anyone has got experience and understand the law exactly please share.

Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Stamp4EUFAM Free movement

Post by max307 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:58 pm

M7edShin wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:05 pm
Hello Guys,

I have been trying to read and understand the rules if you are a holder of Stamp4EUFAM, Am I allowed to travel freely to any EU country without applying for a visa to the country I am going to (Travelling without my EU spouse). My EU spouse is from one of EEA countries.

Like travelling to Germany, France, or any other EEA?

Also specifically UK?

I understand that travelling with my EU spouse is different and I will be allowed to enter any of those countries but I am asking for travelling on my own. If anyone has got experience and understand the law exactly please share.

Thanks
No, you can't travel without a visa if travelling on your own.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

seancool

Post by seancool » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:46 am

14. Notice for Stamp 4 EU FAM (GNIB Card Holders): Given the fact that Ireland stands outside the Schengen zone, only family members of those EU citizens who exercise their right to move and reside freely within the EU and have been issued a card in accordance with the Directive 2004/38/EC are entitled to stay only in the territory of the Czech Republic without a visa up to 90 days (even if travelling alone). In Ireland that type of card is the Stamp 4EU FAM (not the Stamp 4). Notwithstanding the visa waiver all holders of the Stamp 4 EU FAM cards must have their travel documents checked at the Visa/Document Check Desk before going through airport security. When travelling alone they should also bring with them a copy of the (family) EU citizen passport and a marriage/birth certificate of the (family) EU Citizen.

https://www.mzv.cz/dublin/en/visas_and_ ... dex_3.html

The above is from the Embassy of the Czech website, it sounds like that you can go Czech without a visa even if travelling alone. Haven't heard anyone who ever tried though, might have been stopped by airport staff.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:27 pm

seancool wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:46 am
14. Notice for Stamp 4 EU FAM (GNIB Card Holders): Given the fact that Ireland stands outside the Schengen zone, only family members of those EU citizens who exercise their right to move and reside freely within the EU and have been issued a card in accordance with the Directive 2004/38/EC are entitled to stay only in the territory of the Czech Republic without a visa up to 90 days (even if travelling alone). In Ireland that type of card is the Stamp 4EU FAM (not the Stamp 4). Notwithstanding the visa waiver all holders of the Stamp 4 EU FAM cards must have their travel documents checked at the Visa/Document Check Desk before going through airport security. When travelling alone they should also bring with them a copy of the (family) EU citizen passport and a marriage/birth certificate of the (family) EU Citizen.

The above is from the Embassy of the Czech website, it sounds like that you can go Czech without a visa even if travelling alone. Haven't heard anyone who ever tried though, might have been stopped by airport staff.
I guess, I will call or email each embassy country I will be travelling to. I wanted to know about Germany, UK and France as I will be going there sometimes.

Actually, I can go to Czech and take train to Germany then :D.

They suppose to have one rule among the whole EU schengen area that if we have EUFAMSTAMP4 along with EU proof documents so we can travel alone.

Thanks anyway, I will update if I get any information from any other embassy

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:18 pm

seancool wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:46 am

This is misleading. This article clearly stated it is about exercising EU Treaty Rights. It does not cover the scenario where you just want to travel to another country for a short trip.

You CANNOT travel to ANY EU country if you are travelling alone unless you can prove that you are travelling to join the spouse who is already in that country.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:21 pm

I emailed the German embassy out of the curiosity to know, here what they emailed back:

Dear Mr *****,

if you hold a GNIB card stamp 4 EuFam card, you will not require a visa if you are travelling with your wife together. We would recommend to carry your marriage certificate while travelling as proof of your relationship.
Find attached our information leaflet. Please have a look at page 3, section C.

If you are travelling on your own, you will require a visa. In order to apply for a visa, please book an appointment on our website. Here is the link:
https://dublin.diplo.de/ie-en/service/05-VisaEinreise

You will also find our application form called VIDEX there that will need to be filled out and printed for the appointment.

Please have look at the attached leaflet for all the required documents. Our processing time is up to 10 calendar days.

Kind Regards
German Embassy Dublin

I believe it will be a rule among all EU then. Thanks everyone

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:29 am

I am a stamp4eu fam and I've travelled a good few eu country without a visa on my own and I never had any problem.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:29 am
I am a stamp4eu fam and I've travelled a good few eu country without a visa on my own and I never had any problem.
Many countries are very relaxed when it comes to EU Treaty rights, but that doesn’t make it right. And if you are stopped by an immigration officer you would have a lot of trouble travelling in the future. Why risking that?

I travelled countless times to the UK and I was never stopped once by any immigration in the UK. That doesn’t mean anybody should just go there without a valid paperwork.

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:20 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Funny part is, in the very beginning when I came to Ireland and got that EUFAM GNIB, I even did not bother reading the rules and thought that I am allowed to travel to any EU country as long as they are EU and you are right, I have went to France on my way multiple time and never been stopped or even bothered by anything, they see EUFAM and let me in. I have not tried another countries but France is easy with that.

I have just paid attention to the rules recently and yeah they require visa to enter EU countries but as you said, you have gone to some and never bothered. It seems like depend on the mood :D

M7edShin
Mood:
Ireland

Post by M7edShin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:21 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm
Ash_g wrote:
Many countries are very relaxed when it comes to EU Treaty rights, but that doesn’t make it right. And if you are stopped by an immigration officer you would have a lot of trouble travelling in the future. Why risking that?

I travelled countless times to the UK and I was never stopped once by any immigration in the UK. That doesn’t mean anybody should just go there without a valid paperwork.
Yeah true to that. I think it depens on the mood and ur luck that day :D however they know that you hold EU Treaty Rights so no point to bother you unless you face a very unhappy officer :D

Srmirza1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Srmirza1989 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 am

Hi guys i m a holder of stamp 4 eufam
U can travel to Europe without ur eu partner as the law states that either u travelling with them or travelling to them to join u in any 28 states of Europe the only thing u have to say is that ur partner is meeting u in the country u travelling to and carry ur gnib card as well as ur passport and marriage cert original i travelled to spain from ireland Italy UK never got stopped ever thanks

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 am

I will never get any problem, because my eufam is because of my dad I got not because I'm married 🤣😂 So yes I can travel any eu country I want, n so I was told

Srmirza1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Srmirza1989 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:20 am

Thats very handy ur dad must have married to a European or is he himself a European

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Yes it is 😊