ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to a Schengen country a week after BREXIT

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aeun-flux
Mood:

Travelling to a Schengen country a week after BREXIT

Post by aeun-flux » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 pm

Hello my dear Immigration Gurus and Sensei's,

Please help me with a small query as below:

I will be travelling to GREECE a week after BREXIT with my EU spouse
Now as per the existing EEA family member rules, I can go withing EUROPE anywhere without any schengen visa as long as my lovely wife :D accompanies me. We have done that previously as well.

Can i still do that a week after the BREXIT ? or do I require schengen visa ? I have been to GREECE before with a schengen visa, but was wondering if I use the quicker way this time.. :P

Right now I have full SETTLED Status (ILR) which I applied under the key workers scheme pilot which ran back in December 2018 and well my wife also has SETTLED status.

Please advice...

Many thanks in advance

AeunFlux

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Travelling to a Schengen country a week after BREXIT

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:03 pm

If you get a regular (non EEA) Schengen visa, then you can surely travel.

Under the EEA rules & regulations no one here can answer you.
aeun-flux wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 pm
Hello my dear Immigration Gurus and Sensei's,

Please help me with a small query as below:

I will be travelling to GREECE a week after BREXIT with my EU spouse
Now as per the existing EEA family member rules, I can go withing EUROPE anywhere without any schengen visa as long as my lovely wife :D accompanies me. We have done that previously as well.

Can i still do that a week after the BREXIT ? or do I require schengen visa ? I have been to GREECE before with a schengen visa, but was wondering if I use the quicker way this time.. :P

Right now I have full SETTLED Status (ILR) which I applied under the key workers scheme pilot which ran back in December 2018 and well my wife also has SETTLED status.

Please advice...

Many thanks in advance

AeunFlux