ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing jobs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Changing jobs

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi all

Apologies if this isn't the right area of the forum, feel free to move it mods.

I'm planning on applying for a spouse visa soon. Essentially I'm planning on applying via the route where you need to earn at least £1550 for 6 months and can then apply.

However, to cut a long story short, although it's not definite yet, there is a very good chance I will be offered a role which pays better, and is more in line with what I'd like to do.

I've seen a few topics to a similar effect, but it's mainly from people who are applying after being in employment for 12 months. Would it affect my application if I moved half way through? I'll organise it and move etc so I'm still meeting the financial requirements and stuff.

Thanks in advance if I somehow don't manage to later.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Changing jobs

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Three options:

1. Preferably stay at your current job and wait until visa approval,

or

2. Join the new job and once you get 1st month payslip then add previous 11 months payslips from previous employer along with 12 months of bank statement to apply under category B.

or

3. Apply while being with current employer but write a covering letter about your plan of joining new job after the application.

Note: 1st & 2nd is safest while 3rd is risky.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:04 am

Hi seagul, thanks for the response. Perhaps I wasn't clear though, I have only been with current employer since november. I was going to apply april/may as I would have 6 months of payslips of minimum £1550 each. So I was wondering if I moved jobs after 4 months, but continued to earn comfortably above the threshold, would I be able to apply after 6 months?

On a side note, I've seen a lot of people saying writing a letter for extenuating circumstances is risky. Is there no hard and fast rule for such situations? By saying it's "risky" it's as though there isn't a procedure for threshold in such situations, which I find difficult to believe.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:09 am

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:04 am
Hi seagul, thanks for the response. Perhaps I wasn't clear though, I have only been with current employer since november. I was going to apply april/may as I would have 6 months of payslips of minimum £1550 each. So I was wondering if I moved jobs after 4 months, but continued to earn comfortably above the threshold, would I be able to apply after 6 months?

On a side note, I've seen a lot of people saying writing a letter for extenuating circumstances is risky. Is there no hard and fast rule for such situations? By saying it's "risky" it's as though there isn't a procedure for threshold in such situations, which I find difficult to believe.
Then you have to apply under category B where you can include the aggregation income of all jobs during the last 12 months and should be atleast £18600 and secondly your recent job must be paying you at least £18600 at the time of application. For this purpose you will have to attach the last 12 months payslips of all jobs and bank statements.

To keep the case straight preferably continue what you are doing now and apply under category A in May.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:04 am

Thanks seagul, I think I've made sense of it now. Still want to change jobs though lol, but I guess I'll just see how things develop and what info I can glean from others.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:20 am

There are different ways of meeting the financial requirements of the visa (called Categories). Category A is 6 months with the same employer (there is NO wiggle room on this). Category B is the last 12 months of employment earning above £18,600 which can be in multiple jobs (and you must continue to earn above £18,600. You cannot combine the two categories.

It's all in the financial requirements:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Hmmm, interesting, thanks kate. Just to clarify though, do you mean it has to be £18600 or the equivalent of (as I haven't been in employment for the full past 12 months, I'm planning on applying after essentially 6 months employment)? immigration-for-family-members/salary-t ... 75361.html the replies on «« this topic suggest earning equivalent to 18600 for 6 months will allow you to apply? That was also the impression I was under. So for the first four months of the application, I'll have earned a variable amount (all above £1550 per month), and then for 2 months I'll be salaried and earning about 2k per month.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:41 pm

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:40 pm
Hmmm, interesting, thanks kate. Just to clarify though, do you mean it has to be £18600 or the equivalent of (as I haven't been in employment for the full past 12 months, I'm planning on applying after essentially 6 months employment)? immigration-for-family-members/salary-t ... 75361.html the replies on «« this topic suggest earning equivalent to 18600 for 6 months will allow you to apply? That was also the impression I was under. So for the first four months of the application, I'll have earned a variable amount (all above £1550 per month), and then for 2 months I'll be salaried and earning about 2k per month.
The £18600 quoted in all categories is PER ANNUM.

Will you have been employed by the same employer for Category A for the 6 months?? If so, you qualify for Category A. If it is two different employers (you have ceased employment with the first employer and begun new employment with a second), you will NOT qualify under Category A.

If you have not earned £18,600 pounds in the previous 12 months (even if you were not employed for the entire 12 months) you will NOT qualify under Category B.

Honestly, you are hearing what you want to hear and ignoring the immigration rules that I have provided you a link to.... If you proceed with your plan, the visa will be rejected. End of.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed... I simply asked a question, you gave an answer, and I simply pointed out another forum user, in a topic which was right above mine when I posted the link, has given what seems to be a different answer to you. Just because I said "I was under the impression" they were right, doesn't mean I'm saying they definitely are. As the topic was next to mine too you'd have a hard time convincing anyone with a modicum of sense that I'm "hearing what I want to". Have a KitKat and take a break.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:21 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:44 pm
Three options:

or

2. Join the new job and once you get 1st month payslip then add previous 11 months payslips from previous employer along with 12 months of bank statement to apply under category B.

or

3. Apply while being with current employer but write a covering letter about your plan of joining new job after the application.

@OP don't be confused just follow as above.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:25 pm

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:27 pm
Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed... I simply asked a question, you gave an answer, and I simply pointed out another forum user, in a topic which was right above mine when I posted the link, has given what seems to be a different answer to you. Just because I said "I was under the impression" they were right, doesn't mean I'm saying they definitely are. As the topic was next to mine too you'd have a hard time convincing anyone with a modicum of sense that I'm "hearing what I want to". Have a KitKat and take a break.

I'd already given you the rules and the link to the guidance and yet you had persisted in wanting to pursue your original plan, which would result in a visa refusal. That is it. Take it or leave it.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:32 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:21 pm
seagul wrote:
Three options:

or

or

Cool. With option 2 though, is it the 12 months' payslips that you need? If I applied via cat B, would there be a need for 12 months' payslips, as I've only worked for 6? Sort of referring back to that topic I previously mentioned, but if I had 6 months' payslips at minimum £1550 each, would that suffice as opposed to 12 months totalling £18600?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:41 pm

You could apply with fewer than 12 months' of pay slips if the total on the pay slips totals more than £18600 (NOT equivalent to £18600 per annum but actually £18600). You would need to supply 12 months' of bank statements. This is category B.

I will once again supply them and suggest you read them.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:42 pm

UtterlyBrilliant wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:32 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:21 pm
seagul wrote:
Three options:

or

or

Cool. With option 2 though, is it the 12 months' payslips that you need? If I applied via cat B, would there be a need for 12 months' payslips, as I've only worked for 6? Sort of referring back to that topic I previously mentioned, but if I had 6 months' payslips at minimum £1550 each, would that suffice as opposed to 12 months totalling £18600?
Referring back to option 2. Main risk will be if HO called to your employer who will definitely wont confirm your employment despite you have already worked for them 6 months for being eligible under category A. But supplying 1st month payslip with new employer while 11 months payslips of last employers will be much safer because you yourself letting HO knows as where you presently working through category B.

UtterlyBrilliant
San Marino

Post by UtterlyBrilliant » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:07 am

Cool, thanks both.