ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL form to BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Stellacat
Hong Kong

NTL form to BRP

Post by Stellacat » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:23 am

I am going to transfer my vignettes ILE visa to a BRP, I did some search before that I need to apply by No Time Limit. Last year December I searched HO website I still can find the NTL form, but seems it has changed to online applications only not postal? The link below doesn’t not mention anything about NTL.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... e-visa-brp

I want to make sure that I use the right application. Anyone recently use their new system to apply BRP, after submitted the biometric in the appointment center and they do the check for passport and other documents, do they keep the passport or will return to me at the point?

CateS
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: NTL form to BRP

Post by CateS » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi family member recently did the same as you in Jan. Passports and documents are all returned, in fact other than the passport which they scanned , they didn't even look at the other documents. She uploaded all documents at home before the appointment.

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:18 pm

CateS wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:54 pm
Hi family member recently did the same as you in Jan. Passports and documents are all returned, in fact other than the passport which they scanned , they didn't even look at the other documents. She uploaded all documents at home before the appointment.
Thank your CateS for share the experience. Could you tell me what’s kind of the documents you uploaded to the online system? Do you need to provide the proof of residence? Such as councils tax bill, pay slip.etc?
I might has different situation, I am not stay in UK that much in past few years, but I returned within every two years to keep the ILE status. I have back to UK to live for 18 months now, that means I only could provid the proof of residence for last 18 months, the other evidence should be the enter stamps in my passport when every time I entered the UK board. Should I uploaded all my passport pages?

CateS
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by CateS » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:45 pm

We returned few years ago, like you , we were in and out of UK every two years. But we did apply for visa for returning resident before we returned to settle in UK.

She is currently a student, so she uploaded her letter of attendance from school and also dentist's letter stating her attendance. Other than that, just the normal documents required like passports's pages, bank statements.

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:55 am

CateS wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:45 pm
We returned few years ago, like you , we were in and out of UK every two years. But we did apply for visa for returning resident before we returned to settle in UK.

She is currently a student, so she uploaded her letter of attendance from school and also dentist's letter stating her attendance. Other than that, just the normal documents required like passports's pages, bank statements.

Thank you for the information.
I didn't apply returning resident brfore, this's the reason worrying me about my residency status.

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:14 pm

CateS wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:54 pm
Hi CateS , just want to make sure for those people who have ILR but need to apply BRP , we don’t need to fill the NTL form now, just need to apply online and upload the documents? Thank you

CateS
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by CateS » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:11 pm

yes, we just applied online, made appointment and uploaded the documents. It is almost 8 weeks and still no response from Home office.

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:50 pm

CateS wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:11 pm
yes, we just applied online, made appointment and uploaded the documents. It is almost 8 weeks and still no response from Home office.
Thank you for the speed responded.

I think it takes up to 6 months, so maybe just need more patience.