ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing spouse over

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Loveoverlaw
Newly Registered
Ireland

Bringing spouse over

Post by Loveoverlaw » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:02 pm

I need some information Im fairly new to this so if I post anything wrong please don’t be too harsh :mrgreen:
Here goes my situation:

I’m an Irish citizen married to a non-eu national. I don’t have the requirements needed to bring my husband on spouse visa as I’m working part time and studying. I cannot wait 3 years or leave my studies so I’ve considered these options to bring him over asap.
1. Bringing my spouse to Ireland on student visa (without mentioning that I’m married to him) and then marrying him here under Irish law.

2. Bringing him to another Eu country on student visa (e.g Germany) and then applying for the EU family residence card so he can move to Ireland with me. (Now this is the “residence card of a family member of an EU citizen”)

I’ve considered the second option because it seems like coming to Ireland on student visa is still harder than getting student visa of other EU countries.

Now my question is 1. do I need to show financial capability to apply for Eu family residence card for my husband? 2. Will the EU family residence card work on student visa? Like does he need to be a resident of the EU country he will be staying in?

What would be my best option? I appreciate any information regarding my situation.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Re: Bringing spouse over

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:36 am

You appear to contradict yourself.

Are you legally married or not?

Loveoverlaw
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Loveoverlaw » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:11 pm

Yes forgot to mention I’m legally married in another Non EEA country not in Ireland. I read there’s some financial requirement to bring Non EEA spouse to Ireland. Which I don’t meet. So I’m thinking of alternate options.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi

Your husband doesn’t need to apply for a student visa if you go to the other EU Country and live with him thus exercising the Treaty Rights Freedom of Movement.

The general conditions of the freedom of Movement apply to all EU Countries so meeting the financial requirements will more or less be the same anywhere you apply for the Residence Card.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:39 am

To exercise treaty rights you either need to be working or show that you are self sufficient, i.e. you have enough money for yourself and your husband without relying on the state for benefits etc.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:11 pm

I have read that you can get another person other than you to act as the sponsor.

So... you find somebody who meets the 40k EUR requirement who is willing to sponsor you. You then get a written notarized letter from them saying they'll support the couple (you both) while your husband finds work, along with that person's P60s, payslips and bank statements instead of your own.

The idea of the sponsor is that your husband doesn't have resort to public funds, as long as he has financial support from somewhere he won't have to do that. I think the immigration office is okay as long as that is true.

I have read that this is a viable option but I haven't ever heard of anyone actually doing it. Maybe it's something to research?