ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa refused - Urgent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chals
Newly Registered

Post by chals » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi,

My wife's dependant visa has been refused. Could you please help me with the process of appeal.

Does my wife require to personally visit the chennai high commission to submit the documents or can she post it to chennai high commission(where she had applied for the visa 1st time).

Currently, i am in UK. Does she require a representative?

Thanks for your help!

chals

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:28 pm

You can fill the forms yourself stating why you the sponsor disagree with the ECO decision. Explain the reasons in details, and if neccesary attach further documentary evidenc to back up what you say.

If you feel confident at presenting your argument in the appeal Court, then you can be the appelants representative. if not then get a solicitor or seek advice from an immigration expert.

The forms can either be sent to the BHC in Chennai directly or to the IAT in Leicester. Best to send to Chennai as ECO will reconsider it quicker, but if little time limit left then send to IAT ( you have 28 days from receipt of refusal notice to get tour AIT form in)

Hope this helps

chals
Newly Registered

Post by chals » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:46 am

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply. Just one more qn, i am sending the docs to chennai. Do I have to send the original docs and the passport along with the appeal form. How many days will it take to get the visa if everything is fine.

Thanks for your time!!
Chals
batleykhan wrote:You can fill the forms yourself stating why you the sponsor disagree with the ECO decision. Explain the reasons in details, and if neccesary attach further documentary evidenc to back up what you say.

If you feel confident at presenting your argument in the appeal Court, then you can be the appelants representative. if not then get a solicitor or seek advice from an immigration expert.

The forms can either be sent to the BHC in Chennai directly or to the IAT in Leicester. Best to send to Chennai as ECO will reconsider it quicker, but if little time limit left then send to IAT ( you have 28 days from receipt of refusal notice to get tour AIT form in)

Hope this helps

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:36 am

NO Need to go for appeal

go for another apln with reqired docms ,wil be quick and cheaper

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:NO Need to go for appeal

go for another apln with reqired docms ,wil be quick and cheaper
How much does it cost? wrote:There is no charge for appealing against your visa being refused.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Dependant Visa refused - Urgent

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:05 pm

chals wrote:How many days will it take to get the visa if everything is fine.
See also What happens when an appeal is lodged?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.