ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help us with family permit please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rociodiaz
Newly Registered
Mexico

help us with family permit please

Post by rociodiaz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:46 pm

hello we have a big problems...we did the application for the family permit of my wife, she is mexican and i m italian..we are still living in italy ...she received the family permit with validity until april , but i had a family problem and we didnt move to uk yet....the family permit is expiring in april...what is the best solution? wait the expire date and do the application again? or move now to uk and ask for the residence card?

kamoe

Re: help us with family permit please

Post by kamoe » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:09 pm

rociodiaz wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:46 pm
hello we have a big problems...we did the application for the family permit of my wife, she is mexican and i m italian..we are still living in italy ...she received the family permit with validity until april , but i had a family problem and we didnt move to uk yet....the family permit is expiring in april...what is the best solution? wait the expire date and do the application again? or move now to uk and ask for the residence card?
Keep in mind that if the UK leaves the EU without a deal on March 29th, and you have not moved to the UK by that date:

1) You will no longer be able to apply to the Settlement Scheme
2) Her Family Permit might likely become void

The above won't necessarily be the case if the UK leaves with a deal. It is quite a big risk to ignore, though.

Is there an impending reason not to move to the UK before March 29th?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

rociodiaz
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by rociodiaz » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:00 pm

any helps?

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:33 pm

It would be better if you moved now.
Nobody knows what will happen after March.
If there is a deal your wife will be able to apply again, but we don't know for certain, right? Move now.
You could travel together and leave your wife here for some time - but, again, you don't know what's going to happen after March. Will you be able to reunite after Brexit if there is no deal? It is all insane of course.
I would say - move now.