ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Moeribi
Newly Registered
Libya

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Moeribi » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:51 am

youzidejia wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:49 pm
Moeribi wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:48 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:21 pm
Moeribi wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi CR,

I've been on Tier 4 for 6 years and Tier 2 for 4 years. First entry into the UK on 6th Jan 2009. I now have a Tier 2 BRP valid till Nov with my current employer, however I've been looking to change jobs and got the offer letter which is valid for a week last Thursday. I did assume the super priority will take 1 week max, which unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case for many of us.

I escalated through the phone today and the guy did say they will get back to me within a day or two even though the normal time they advise is 5 working days.

Hopefully the above helped with details. Any recommended ways that may "expedite" the decision?
You could have applied in December already, 28 days before the 10th anniversary of your date of entry to the UK.

You also cannot change jobs until you have ilr and your brp card. While you wait, your existing visa conditions continue and you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor.
Hi CR001 (And everyone really)

Just a follow up. I've come back today to see a Royal Mail card saying there was a delivery for me that needed a signature, given I'm not expecting anything on the post I'm thinking it must be the decision letter.

The concerning part is I checked the right to work website online and it is still referring to the expiry date of my current BRP (I used my current BRP details to get the result). I know I will probably find out tomorrow but to help with the wait this evening can you advise whether it is not uncommon for an application to be approved without updating the online portal with my current BRP? Reading the posts in here it seems like everyone had their online page changed to "no limit" prior to receiving a decision letter which make me fear the decision letter has bad news. Your advise is appreciated.

Thank you.
please do keep us updated once you have the letter. I believed lots of members here using the right to work to check regularly before we had the decision. Wish you get a positive result tomorrow.
Update: Just collected the letter. It mentions that although they normally make a decision within 24 hours of the appointment date, this has not been possible in my case. Then it goes on saying I will be contacted to get a refund for the faster service fees in due course. They then mentioned they expect to make a decision on my application by the 21st May.

The letter was issued on the 21st February so they'v given themselves 3 months to look at the application. A part of me thinks due to the large number of calls they receive as a result of the super priority service delay they're now telling people it's gonna take longer so we stop calling them, dunno.

Anyway, has anyone had a similar letter? if so can you share your experience please? Thanks and regards.

waitingresponse
Newly Registered
India

Post by waitingresponse » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:25 am

My status:

Type of application: SET(M)
Online application submission date: 08 February 2019
Documents uploaded online: 08 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 09 February 2019, Croydon
Default Confirmation email received: 11 February 2019 (Saying they received my application)
Still waiting for decision email.
Called on 18th of Feb but asked me to wait fro another 5 days, got automatic email saying can get refund.
Called MP on 20th , MP got an update but it's same wait for more days and you can apply for refund.
Called them today again, Still no update asked me to wait for 5 more working days before I contact them. My visa expires on Friday no idea what to do.
This new process is not good, same day visa service was much better.

r33z
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by r33z » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:32 am

Moeribi wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:51 am
youzidejia wrote:
Moeribi wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:21 pm

You could have applied in December already, 28 days before the 10th anniversary of your date of entry to the UK.

You also cannot change jobs until you have ilr and your brp card. While you wait, your existing visa conditions continue and you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor.

Just a follow up. I've come back today to see a Royal Mail card saying there was a delivery for me that needed a signature, given I'm not expecting anything on the post I'm thinking it must be the decision letter.

The concerning part is I checked the right to work website online and it is still referring to the expiry date of my current BRP (I used my current BRP details to get the result). I know I will probably find out tomorrow but to help with the wait this evening can you advise whether it is not uncommon for an application to be approved without updating the online portal with my current BRP? Reading the posts in here it seems like everyone had their online page changed to "no limit" prior to receiving a decision letter which make me fear the decision letter has bad news. Your advise is appreciated.

Thank you.
please do keep us updated once you have the letter. I believed lots of members here using the right to work to check regularly before we had the decision. Wish you get a positive result tomorrow.
Update: Just collected the letter. It mentions that although they normally make a decision within 24 hours of the appointment date, this has not been possible in my case. Then it goes on saying I will be contacted to get a refund for the faster service fees in due course. They then mentioned they expect to make a decision on my application by the 21st May.

The letter was issued on the 21st February so they'v given themselves 3 months to look at the application. A part of me thinks due to the large number of calls they receive as a result of the super priority service delay they're now telling people it's gonna take longer so we stop calling them, dunno.

Anyway, has anyone had a similar letter? if so can you share your experience please? Thanks and regards.
Did they mention about exceptionally complex issues and they normally take 6 month but in your case, this might take longer than 6month. if they can't make the decision by this date, they will let you know?

r33z
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by r33z » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 am

Gangat123 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 pm
I got message to complax issue so 5 working days finish so how long i have to wait
Hi, what did they exactly tell you in email or letter? What were their wording?

sammie9
Newly Registered

Post by sammie9 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:51 am

Finally the wait is over, below are the timelines 2nd application after the 1st refusal switching from tier 4 to tier 2, I take this opportunity to thank the moderators CR001, UKLL, Fronitermole for your kind assistance and everyone else's support in sharing their experiences.

Applied for T2 General, New Entrant ) from london premier lounge

Timeline -
Onlne Application -15th Feb 2019
Biometrics appointment - 18th Feb 2019 (Super Priority Service
Decision email - Visa Granted - 26th Feb 2019
BRP card - Awaiting
decision letter - Awaiting

Lily55
Newly Registered

Post by Lily55 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:18 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:21 am
Lily55 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:20 am
Hi, everyone

I’ve submitted my SET(M) today and I just noticed that I filled in a mistake in the form. I put one of the date I left U.K. wrong~ should be 27/07/2014 instead of 14/07/2014 (went to Iceland for a trip, did have a border stamp on one of pages of my passport). If it doesn’t affect my leaving days (still less than 90 days a year), will this mistake be a issue???!!! I have been checking my form many many times, really don’t know how this happened. Hope this mistake won’t affect my application!!!
Should not be an issue. You could add a cover letter if you want.

There is no "90" days absence limit per year so not sure why you reference that. There is in fact no absence limit for spouse settlement visa holders and set m.
Thanks for your answer.
Not sure where I saw the absence limit from, maybe I mix up with becoming a citizen. All I want to point is I accidentally filled in wrong with one of date I left UK and hopefully this won’t be an issue.

Platino
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Platino » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:07 pm

r33z wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 am
Gangat123 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 pm
I got message to complax issue so 5 working days finish so how long i have to wait
Hi, what did they exactly tell you in email or letter? What were their wording?
Hi , I have done my super priory service appointment on 21th feb Thursday for NTL and still I didn’t heard anything from HO is that normal?

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:42 pm

FLR(M) Time Line - Super Priority 24Hrs

18/2/2019 (Mon)- Submit Application Online
18/2/2019 (Mon)- Find Appt (no local appts, within two weeks - only option was London Premium next day £260 or Birmingham in two days time £100). Paid for document check £35
19/2/2019 - Uploaded all document pdfs
20/2/2019 (Wed)- Attend Steria Birmingham a.m. Appointment lasted approximately 30mins. Allowed in early. Only applicant allowed in. Queue forming outside was not managed as people who had earlier appts were queuing behind people with later appointments. Applicant had to show passport, appointment letter and degree certificate.
20/2/2019 (Wed) - Recieved Granted email mid afternoon
23/2/2019 (Sat) - Received Letter (no notice, had to sign to receive from Royal Mail postman)

25/2/2019 (Mon) - Failed delivery of BRP (from DX Delivery) due to house "inaccessible"!. No notice of delivery! but was expecting it because of DX Delivery Live Chat a.m. Rescheduled delivery.
26/2/2019 (Tues) - Received BRP! Had to show ID (someone else could receive on your behalf but they had to show their ID and also your ID - e.g. passport, bank card)

Thank's to this board, the visa was approved. Many Thanks to all and the moderators!

PS Almost caught out by the fact bank would not stamp bank statement. But bank staff adjusted statement period to allow me to receive final statement in post in time.

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:47 pm

Correction: Did not have to show ID when BRP was delivered.

Saraj425
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by Saraj425 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:44 pm

Hi all, sorry for the same question again. But did any of you send back your old BRPs after getting ILR BRPs? And if so, to which address?
If there is any guidance about it on gov.uk, please post a link here

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:00 pm

Was there anything about returning BRP on your ILR letter granting approval?

Saraj425
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by Saraj425 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:13 pm

No, my letter didn’t say anything about it but people here did mention that in their letters there was an address to where they should send their old BRPs or there will be £1000 fine. Plus it feels kinda wrong to have 2 valid BRPs :)

Saraj425
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by Saraj425 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:16 pm

YTL25 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:47 pm
Just want to update that my physical decision letter has arrived this morning via Royal Mail Special Delivery - so a signature is required to receive it.

Due to the new service process, we were no longer asked to submit our current BRP when we enrolled Biometrics. In this decision letter, it states that you need to cut the old BRP in half and post it back to Home Office, otherwise there might be £1000 penalty.
Has anybody done this? I wonder what service to use? Would a normal first class post be sufficient? The return address is a PO Box, so I'm guessing a special delivery might be overkill as nobody will be there to sign for a PO Box address?

YTL25 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:23 pm
Hello,
I have been following the forum for the past 2 weeks while I prepare for my application. Now my application has completed, and I just want to say thank you for all those who shared their experience and tips. It's been very helpful!
Here is my timeline and experience of applying -

Applied for ILR Route : Set(O) under Tier 2 (General) route
Date application sent : Monday, 18 Feb 2019. I uploaded all my supporting documents on the same day.
Date Biometrics Enrolled : Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019. I went to London Premium Lounge (had to pay £200 extra, mainly because I wanted to get it done today, and this was the only available location for me. Croydon is a bit too far for me to travel and I would have to pay £100 too for "out of hours" appointment slot if I want to do it today.)

Approval Received : Email came through on the same day - Wednesday, 20 Feb 2019
Decision Letter Received: Friday, 22 Feb 2019
BRP Card Received : Waiting - will update in due course

I'm so very happy right now, as it turns out to be a very quick and smooth process for me! My appointment was at 10:00, and I was done by 10:30 (biometrics was quick, it just took a while for the staff to verify all my uploaded documents).
Less than 3 hrs later, I received the email from Home Office confirming that my ILR has been granted, and decision letter and BRP will be posted to be in due course.
I immediately went on to gov.uk (https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work) to check my right to work - and it has already been changed to "there is no limit".
After following this forum for the past 2 weeks, I know there has been mixed experience on the 24hr service timeline. So I was prepared that I might have to wait longer, and was hoping for the best (that I would receive a decision tomorrow)... To my surprise, my decision came just 3 hrs later! So I'm over the moon!

I wish all of you who are about to submit or are still waiting the best of luck!! :D :D

Here is a list of documents I submitted in case anybody might find helpful -
Required:
- Current passport
(including scans of all pages)
- Previous passport (including scans of all pages - this has been my main passport and has a lot of visas, entry/exit stamps on it!)
- BRP
- Police registration form
(required for certain nationalities only. I have always been good at it - every time I had any change I need to report, I do it straightaway. I think that is somewhat important, as it shows that you're following the immigration rules/conditions to your current visa.)
- Signed consent form (for Home Office to do verification checks)
- Life in the UK Tess pass notification
- UK Degree certificate
(for language requirement)
- Employer Letter confirming my employment status (key words "still needed for the foreseeable future"), my current salary, the SOC (the same was on my Tier 2 CoS), and my salary is above the required rate (I also asked my employer to state "my rate of pay will stay the same for the foreseeable future").
- Payslip (only most recent one is required, but I have provided all months of this tax year)
- Bank statement (only most recent one is required, to show the payslip amount has been paid into your account - but I have provided for all months of this tax year)
- Employer Letter confirming my absences from the UK (in the letter, they also confirm how many days of annual leave I'm entitled to)

Additional:
- P60s for the past 5 years
- HMRC issued Employment history for the past 5 years
- Excel summary I created myself to count my days of absences from the UK
- I also include detailed reasons for travel, as well as where to find the related "entry/exit stamps" on my passports. I think it will help the caseworker if they need to verify / check your travel history
- Home Office letters that I received in the past when I applied for my Tier 2 Leave to Remain in the UK

:D :D
See this for a example

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Actually was it mentioned in your approval email. I had this for the FLR(M) approval. So could be different in your case? Maybe you could phone up the UKVI helpline

"
If you previously held a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) you must now return it to the Home Office as it is no longer valid. You should cut the card in half and post it in a plain, windowless envelope. If you are returning the BRP from within the UK then please send it to: BRP Returns, P.O. Box 195, Bristol, BS20 1BT. If you are returning the BRP from outside of the UK please send it to: BRP Returns, Home Office, Conference House, Conference Avenue, Portishead Office Park, Portishead, Bristol. BS20 7LZ. You may be subject to a financial penalty if you fail to return your old BRP.

Furthermore, if your BRP is lost or stolen you must tell the Home Office or risk a financial penalty. Details about reporting lost and stolen BRPs are on our website at: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged."

Saraj425
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by Saraj425 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Oh thank you! My email didn’t mention anything like this. I will just send my old BRP to the address mentioned in your email then :D Did you send back yours already? Is there a way one can get a proof that it was sent? just in case HO will ask for a proof later :)

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Have not sent back yet. This was be the visa I obtained on Entry Clearance. Maybe process is different for yours.

Guess you could go in and ask post office to do tracked delivery and then you will get a receipt with address on it. Then you should be able to follow online / print webpage when it shows that it has reached final destination. Not sure if I will do that

Moeribi
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by Moeribi » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:02 pm

r33z wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:32 am
Moeribi wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:51 am
youzidejia wrote:
Moeribi wrote:

Thank you.

Did they mention about exceptionally complex issues and they normally take 6 month but in your case, this might take longer than 6month. if they can't make the decision by this date, they will let you know?
Hi R33Z and All,

They have not mentioned what the reason for the delay is, they did not refer to my application being complex, that my circumstances need more time to look into or that they simply have too much backlog to clear.
What they mentioned was "we normally aim to make a decision within 24 hours however this has not been possible in your case. We appreciate you paid for a faster service so where the delay is not the customer fault you will be contacted in due course for a refund. We aim to make a decision on your application by the 21 May. We will contact you again if we are not able to make a decision by that time.

That's what they mentioned basically. My MP sent me a mail today saying he contacted UKVI to ask for clarification. As you know it's pretty frustrating that they're offering a service they simply can not satisfy and above all that keep people like me in the dark regardless of any arrangements made that depend on the ILR decision.
Well for now it is waiting and hoping for a sooner decision for me, it will be useful though to understand from members here who had a similar letter from the HO whether a decision is normally made well ahead of the deadline they give or just around that time.

Thanks All.

Saad02
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Saad02 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:37 am

I have opted for the UKVCAS Super Priority Service and was expecting to get a decision within 24 hours after my Biometric enrollment on 15th February. However, I have had no correspondence whatsoever. I called them on 19th February to get an update and was advised by the agent that generally a decision is made within 24 hours for "Super Priority" cases, but the correspondence could take up to 5 working days. I was advised to call back if I didn't hear anything within the time frame.

5 working days elapsed and I still did not have any correspondence. As per the agent's advice, I called them again on 25th February to track the progress. The agent took my details and mentioned that they would be escalating the case to the Home Office. If I don't hear anything again within "5 working days", I was advised to call back again.

I got a call from the Home Office via a private number on 26th February. I didn't pick up the call initially, but the person left me a voicemail and called me back after 20 minutes. The lady I spoke to mentioned that due to the delay I would get a refund (which I have to claim online). The case will still be treated as a priority and they would aim to look into it as soon as possible.

Did anyone get a call from the Home Office regarding getting a refund due to the delay?

waitingresponse
Newly Registered
India

Post by waitingresponse » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 am

Saad02 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:37 am
I have opted for the UKVCAS Super Priority Service and was expecting to get a decision within 24 hours after my Biometric enrollment on 15th February. However, I have had no correspondence whatsoever. I called them on 19th February to get an update and was advised by the agent that generally a decision is made within 24 hours for "Super Priority" cases, but the correspondence could take up to 5 working days. I was advised to call back if I didn't hear anything within the time frame.

5 working days elapsed and I still did not have any correspondence. As per the agent's advice, I called them again on 25th February to track the progress. The agent took my details and mentioned that they would be escalating the case to the Home Office. If I don't hear anything again within "5 working days", I was advised to call back again.

I got a call from the Home Office via a private number on 26th February. I didn't pick up the call initially, but the person left me a voicemail and called me back after 20 minutes. The lady I spoke to mentioned that due to the delay I would get a refund (which I have to claim online). The case will still be treated as a priority and they would aim to look into it as soon as possible.

Did anyone get a call from the Home Office regarding getting a refund due to the delay?
No usually they sends an email I got an email saying you can apply for refund but no phone call.

Apexhoundd
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhoundd » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 am

Saad02 wrote:

I called the HO helpline again today, on behalf of my wife and they said I escalated on 22nd Feb and now I can only escalate again after 30 working days if I’ve had a response. I told them that I escalated on 15th Feb (also had a response - generic email) and after 5 working days escalated on 22nd Feb and the woman said that is an error and never should have happened!

Lost all hope now.

Good luck to everyone.

Ken

IraCH
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by IraCH » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 am

Dear all

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks and it's been so useful. Thank you all! I've registered to share my experience with the new system and the timeline of my application.

Type of application: SET(0)
Online application submission date: 15 February 2019
Documents uploaded online: 18 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 26 February 2019, Croydon 10:30
Default Confirmation email received: NEVER
E-mail from UKVI asking for additional letter: 26/02/2019 16:00
Letter provided: 26/02/2019 16:30
E-mail from UKVI granting my leave: 27/02 09:15
my status on the right to work page has also changed to unlimited now

now awaiting BRP and decision letter.

Good luck to everyone! I guess my example shows that the super premium service does meet 24 hours target sometimes. People probably do not share positive experience they've had.

Saad02
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Saad02 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:24 pm

waitingresponse wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:05 am
Saad02 wrote:

No usually they sends an email I got an email saying you can apply for refund but no phone call.
Interesting to know that as I never got an email but a call. Although the lady I spoke to did tell me that she called to confirm my identity. The agent who I spoke to on 25th February sent an e-mail to HO asking them to look into my case but failed to mention my name accurately. Possibly that's the reason to call me in person. She did say that the refund would need to be claimed online.

Saad02
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Saad02 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Apexhoundd wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 am
Saad02 wrote:

I called the HO helpline again today, on behalf of my wife and they said I escalated on 22nd Feb and now I can only escalate again after 30 working days if I’ve had a response. I told them that I escalated on 15th Feb (also had a response - generic email) and after 5 working days escalated on 22nd Feb and the woman said that is an error and never should have happened!

Lost all hope now.

Good luck to everyone.

Ken
Hope for the best mate. I am sure it is quite frustrating - especially when you pay for a premium service.

The lady from the home office who I spoke to did mention that there are quite a few super priority service applications that have not been looked at yet and assured me that I was not the only one. However, the applications are labelled as a priority so they will try to wrap it as soon as possible. I tried asking for a time frame but she replied she couldn't give one and the only thing I can do is wait - not very helpful there!

ukuscan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by ukuscan » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:37 pm

Hello Everyone,

This forum helped me to understand the process quite well. I was applying for ILR after 5 years with tier2. So, I'd like to share my experience:

Online application submission date: 28 Jan 2019
Documents uploaded online: 16 Feb 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 19 Feb 2019, Croydon (the officer clicked on submit button at 9:30am)
Default Confirmation email received: NEVER
E-mail from UKVI granting my leave: 20 Feb 2019 17:59 (In the same email, they also confirmed that it took longer than 24 hours, so I'll be getting £610 refund)
Decision letter received (via Royal Mail): 22 Feb 2019
BRP received (via DX delivery): 26 Feb 2019 (they attempted on 25th but I wasn't at home, I arranged it for 26th, delivery came around 12.40pm)

Good luck everyone!
Ps: I asked about refund lead time, they told me that it can take up to 2 weeks. I'm still waiting.

Apexhoundd
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhoundd » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Saad02 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:31 pm
Apexhoundd wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 am
Saad02 wrote:

Lost all hope now.

Good luck to everyone.

Ken
Hope for the best mate. I am sure it is quite frustrating - especially when you pay for a premium service.

The lady from the home office who I spoke to did mention that there are quite a few super priority service applications that have not been looked at yet and assured me that I was not the only one. However, the applications are labelled as a priority so they will try to wrap it as soon as possible. I tried asking for a time frame but she replied she couldn't give one and the only thing I can do is wait - not very helpful there!
Thanks! It’s nice that you get a reassuring phone call but many people haven’t heard any news at all. It’s just so inconsistent. It’s been 2 weeks since my wife gave her biometrics and we just haven’t heard a thing from them.