ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request a DCPR date changed.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Request a DCPR date changed.

Post by rpaw » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 am

Hi help needed plz
Is there any chance to get PR date changed on HO system?
I am EU citizen, came to uk in 2006 . I was registered in wrs in May 2006. Last year applied for PR supporting last 5 yrs employment history only
( wrong understanding ), no employment breaks from day one, just wondering is any chance to make a PR date change request with supporting dokumentation from 2006??

secret.simon

Re: Request a DCPR date changed.

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:45 pm

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:30 pm

You could have sent evidence of treaty rights and provide proof of when PR was acquired as opposed to when the card was issued.

When faced with a similar citizenship refusal in the past, a Pre Action protocol and a threat of JR resolved the matter for the subject.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by rpaw » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:32 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:30 pm
You could have sent evidence of treaty rights and provide proof of when PR was acquired as opposed to when the card was issued.

I have sent a reconsideration letter with all evidence in relation with my PR date.
When faced with a similar citizenship refusal in the past, a Pre Action protocol and a threat of JR resolved the matter for the subject.

Can you share more detail, is this case was refused on no 12mths PR requirement ground?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:15 pm

Obie wrote:
Just to clarify, Obie, is your suggestion for this evidence to have been submitted to the EEA applications team at the time of applying for the DCPR or to the naturalisation team at the time of applying for the naturalisation?
Obie wrote:
Given the fact that the OP would be eligible to apply for naturalisation in the normal course (1 year after the date of PR on the Home Office system) on 6th April anyway, is a PAP & threat of JR worth it in terms of cost? And would applying for a PAP and sending it, etc, not take up that much amount of time anyway? In other words, given the timeframe, is a PAP worth it?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:32 pm

PAP threat is in relation to refused naturalisation application. If OP was refused on the basis of an erroneous date which does not reflect the reality of when he secured Permanent Residence right under Regulation 15(1)(a), then OP will surely be entitled to a relief, as it will otherwise be a travesty.

Such a decision must surely not be permitted to stand, the integrity of the law must be upheld and vindicated.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:32 pm
If OP was refused on the basis of an erroneous date which does not reflect the reality of when he secured Permanent Residence right under Regulation 15(1)(a)
But what if the OP submitted incorrect evidence (that of the latest years, for instance, rather than those of the earliest years)? Surely the Home Office caseworker can only go by the evidence submitted?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:43 pm

I appreciate your point, however the presumption of the Home Office can be dispel, to treat it as absolute will be an error of law, and an insult to the supremacy of community law. This is why i advised that OP provide evidence to dispel the presumption, if indeed the error can be attributed to him.

If the error was otherwise that of the Home Office, he will surely be entitled to a relief. I will not challenge a £65 application, but a £1300 application is clearly not an insignificant sums of money.

Speaking for myself, in my own case, they replied to the PAP and said the remedy of the claimant is to make a new PR application. I found that absurd and proceed with a JR application, and the GLD settled with cost via a consent order, and the subject was issued with a Naturalisation Certificate under Section 6(1).

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by rpaw » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 pm

I appreciate Obie & secret.simon for suggestions and comments. Just to clarify what PAP, OP and GLD means plz :roll:

I requested a reconsideration with EEA application team regards my PR date (to changed my residency on HO system) then thinking to placed NA reconsideration letter. Am I right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:23 pm

rpaw wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 pm
I appreciate Obie & secret.simon for suggestions and comments. Just to clarify what PAP, OP and GLD means plz :roll:
PAP - Pre Action Protocol - there is a fairly specific format for this.

OP - Original Poster, ie you

GLR - Government Legal Department
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by rpaw » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:23 pm
rpaw wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:17 pm
PAP - Pre Action Protocol - there is a fairly specific format for this.

OP - Original Poster, ie you

GLR - Government Legal Department
Thanks CR001

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by rpaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi all
Just quick update EEA application team asked me to provide more evidence that I had completed an earlier 5 yrs period of Trity rights. fingers crossed

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by rpaw » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Obie wrote:

Hi Obie, am awaiting EEA application team respond, meantime start prepping my NA reconsideration letter, just wondering are u providing legal advice in this matter?

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by rpaw » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 am

Hi all,
quick update with my case, EEA caseworker changed my DCPR date for 5th April 2011.

rpaw
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by rpaw » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:30 am

Hi Obi, CR001, secret.simon

I am pleased to share good news, I have received HO phone call, my reconsideration has been approved in 3 months from sending NR form.
THANKS FOR ALL