ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medical Checkup for HSMP holders?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ecforspouse
Newly Registered

Medical Checkup for HSMP holders?

Post by ecforspouse » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:25 am

Do we need to complete medical checkup before we travel to UK? We have HSMP visa for 2 years. Those who travelled recently please confirm.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing

Hi

Post by jimmymcad » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi,
YOu need to get the TB test done for HSMP visa. hope this helps

cheers

push

Re: Hi

Post by push » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:39 pm

jimmymcad wrote:Hi,
YOu need to get the TB test done for HSMP visa. hope this helps

cheers
Where did you get this information from? I came to UK on HSMP and no medical tests were required. BUT medical tests were required for some people who intended to take up jobs in specific sectors - like food industry etc. as well as for people coming from a certain set of countries.

jimmymcad, I really doubt that the requirements have changed now. Can you please quote the source of your info?

regards,

push_hsmp

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:46 pm

If you are landing in Heathrow airport, you may require a health check up. IF you do not have the X-Ray , do not worry you have to wait another 1/2 hour. ( Myself waited)

I came on WP, but ppl who came on HSMP were also asked to show the medical documents.

Hope this is clear.

Cheers!
Regards
Ammu

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Just to clarify this bit more

If anybody comes on a long term visa, for which EC is vald for more than 6 months, they will generally require your Chest Xray to test for TB.

SO I would suggest everyone who are coming to UK on HSMP/WP for first time, to go for a Xray. Back home it wont cost you more than few bucks, but it will save lot of time and frustration specially during busy times

push

Post by push » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:20 pm

These are two different things. from what jimmymcad posted earlier, it appeared as though medical test (TB test) is a pre-condition to the issue of HSMP VISA - This is incorrect. Even otherwise, the test for TB is MT test not a simple x-ray (It may provide evidence of TB though- plueral effusion /calcification etc.).

Its true that when someone enters UK (that too from some countries only) they need to provide a chest x-ray report in order to pass the immigration control (if you dont get one from your country, you might have to wait for upto 2 hrs at the Airport).

regards,

push_hsmp

vipul1981 wrote:Just to clarify this bit more

If anybody comes on a long term visa, for which EC is vald for more than 6 months, they will generally require your Chest Xray to test for TB.

SO I would suggest everyone who are coming to UK on HSMP/WP for first time, to go for a Xray. Back home it wont cost you more than few bucks, but it will save lot of time and frustration specially during busy times

ecforspouse
Newly Registered

Post by ecforspouse » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:21 am

I reached UK on June 10th. At the immigration they told us that you need to go thru medical checkup since you are going to stay here for more than 6 months. They just asked for our Chest Xray and Report. It took only 2-3 minutes.The whole immigration process took only 5 minutes. They didn't ask for any documents. But always carry all the documents you have used for HSMP and EC.

Thanks a lot for your response. It really helped us.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Deleted

pyke

Post by pyke » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:23 pm

How recent should the x-ray be?

push

Post by push » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:01 pm

pyke wrote:How recent should the x-ray be?
Should not be older than 6 months. For someone who is entering UK for the first time it will be good to have a recent x-ray. However, un-necessary exposure to x-ray radiations is harmful for one's health, you might want to take chances with a 3-6 month old x-ray. In worst case you will be held up at the immigration counter for an hour or two..... wont be sent back dont worry (assuming that you have not contracted the disease since you last got your x-ray taken).

regards,

push_hsmp