ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need my current employer's letter to change my permit?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

6pandn21
Nepal

Do I need my current employer's letter to change my permit?

Post by 6pandn21 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:51 pm

Hello members!

I have a question regarding changing my work permit. I want to change the company I am working with. I have a 3 years permit with around 18 months remaining. I want to change to another company but on the same job. I heard that my employer must write a letter to the home office saying he is happy to let me go to the new company. Now I do not see that happening. So would someone please clarify if it is a requirement? And I tried going to the home office website to find information regarding changing the permit but I could not find any relevant information. Is there any possibility for getting a direct link?

Thank you.
6pandn21

netacct

Post by netacct » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:55 pm

I don't think you need any letter from your current employer.
Your new employer has to apply for new work permit.
Also, I don't think there any thing such as change of work permit.
Now, it has to be new work permit only.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:23 am

You need a new work permit/fresh application; the new employer must apply on your behalf and comply with the specific tier 2-3....tc requirements.

Please wait until you have the approved work permit in your hands, don't resign before as any problems with the new work permit might cause you problems....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need my current employer's letter to change my perm

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:42 am

6pandn21

What has been mentioned by others is true. So your new employers need to apply WP for you following similar procedure with your previous job.

The good news is that, if you are doing similar job with similar level of pay with your previous job where you get your WP. It is very simple process; most people just get it within a week. So do not worry about that.

6pandn21 wrote:Hello members!

I have a question regarding changing my work permit. I want to change the company I am working with. I have a 3 years permit with around 18 months remaining. I want to change to another company but on the same job. I heard that my employer must write a letter to the home office saying he is happy to let me go to the new company. Now I do not see that happening. So would someone please clarify if it is a requirement? And I tried going to the home office website to find information regarding changing the permit but I could not find any relevant information. Is there any possibility for getting a direct link?

Thank you.
6pandn21
Pantaiema

6pandn21
Nepal

Post by 6pandn21 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Hello Members,

Thank you for your replies. I was just worried if my employer knows about my new permit application as he will surely fire me if he knows about it :?
Anyway, Thank you for for your reply. It was great help.

Regards
6pandn21