ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Dependant Ink Stamp (Code1A Stamp)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Biika
Newly Registered
Latvia

EEA Dependant Ink Stamp (Code1A Stamp)

Post by Biika » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Hello,

Could you help me find out a answer a question. I have a friend who is spanish national and new in uk want to bring wife and one kid in uk. Is his family is eligible to dependant stamp at airport or need to apply for family permit. And what to do get family permit??Thanks,

secret.simon

Re: EEA Dependant Ink Stamp (Code1A Stamp)

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 am

Are the wife and child visa or non-visa nationals?

If they are visa nationals, they will need a Family Permit to get on board the flight.

If they are non-visa nationals, they could theoretically get a stamp at the UK airport when they land, if they carry all the proof required for a Family Permit. It would help if the Spanish national is flying in with them. However, be prepared for a delay at the airport while the documents are verified.

In either case, much better to apply for a Family Permit in advance.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EEA Dependant Ink Stamp (Code1A Stamp)

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:27 pm

Are the family visa national or have a residence card issued by another memberstate?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors