ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kegestunut
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by kegestunut » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi all,

Been following this thread during my FLR(M) Super Priority application and here's my story:

07/Feb/2019 - Online application completed/payed
09/Feb/2019 (Saturday) - Biometrics at Croydon done

No response, feedback, nothing for the next few days. Following this thread's advise I kept checking the right to work page with no luck.

13/Feb/2019 - Called UKVI number to say I haven't received any updates after paying super priority, and I was told to wait 5 working days and call the following Tuesday when I told them that I completed biometrics on the 9th.

15/Feb/2019 - Contacted MP to request help. His automated response said he'll get back to me in 20 working days (!!)

18/Feb/2019 - Called UKVI again and this time I lied, I told them I have been waiting for over 10 working days and they asked if they've taken my details before. I said no (true) and they requested: name, nationality, date of birth, payment reference and visa type. This makes me think that the UKVI contact number staff can't even see when your application was submitted as he wasn't able to check that the date I told him I had submitted biometrics was incorrect.

19/Feb/2019 - Got generic email: "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the super priority service fee will be refunded."

19/Feb/2019 - Wrote strong emails to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and srsukvacs@homeoffice.gov.uk (haven't heard from them other than automated responses)

22/Feb/2019 - MP wrote to me asking for full details of my application, I replied immediately but no idea if he did anything with that information.

25/Feb/2019 - The following working day after MP wrote to me, I get email with "has now been granted" line.

27/Feb/2019 - Received letter and BRP an hour or so apart from each other.

Important notes:
  • Some people have reported that the right to work page updates the old BRP even for FLR(M) applications, this wasn't the case for me. I have the two BRPs and each show different dates.
  • I have no idea what caused the delay. I applied with cash savings and submitted all the evidence required. We both travel a lot, I'm even in the registered traveler program so my passport had no stamps from the UK even though I've been out about 20 times in the last two years (listed in the application)
  • I am convinced the UKVI contact centre has no way of knowing when you actually did your biometrics. I literally gave them a date that was even before I completed the online application and they recognised it has been a while and escalated my issue.
  • I have not received any confirmation of super priority refund, I will chase them on this though.

rezakandi
Newly Registered

Post by rezakandi » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:17 pm

waitingresponse wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:25 am
My status:

Type of application: SET(M)
Online application submission date: 08 February 2019
Documents uploaded online: 08 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 09 February 2019, Croydon
Default Confirmation email received: 11 February 2019 (Saying they received my application)
Still waiting for decision email.
Called on 18th of Feb but asked me to wait fro another 5 days, got automatic email saying can get refund.
Called MP on 20th , MP got an update but it's same wait for more days and you can apply for refund.
Called them today again, Still no update asked me to wait for 5 more working days before I contact them. My visa expires on Friday no idea what to do.
This new process is not good, same day visa service was much better.
There is the same here we must be meet at centre. Called them today again they said you have to wait for another 4 weeks before you can escalate again.

it is really frustrating

NeedAdvicepls
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by NeedAdvicepls » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:22 pm

IraCH wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 am
Dear all

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks and it's been so useful. Thank you all! I've registered to share my experience with the new system and the timeline of my application.

Type of application: SET(0)
Online application submission date: 15 February 2019
Documents uploaded online: 18 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 26 February 2019, Croydon 10:30
Default Confirmation email received: NEVER
E-mail from UKVI asking for additional letter: 26/02/2019 16:00
Letter provided: 26/02/2019 16:30
E-mail from UKVI granting my leave: 27/02 09:15
my status on the right to work page has also changed to unlimited now

now awaiting BRP and decision letter.

Good luck to everyone! I guess my example shows that the super premium service does meet 24 hours target sometimes. People probably do not share positive experience they've had.

Great, to know. Congratulations. I am awaiting for my tier 2 sponsor change for last 3 weeks now. It was just priority service. Any experience anyone??

Saad02
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Saad02 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:37 am

Apexhoundd wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:48 pm
Saad02 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:31 pm
Apexhoundd wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:10 am
Saad02 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:37 am
I have opted for the UKVCAS Super Priority Service and was expecting to get a decision within 24 hours after my Biometric enrollment on 15th February. However, I have had no correspondence whatsoever. I called them on 19th February to get an update and was advised by the agent that generally a decision is made within 24 hours for "Super Priority" cases, but the correspondence could take up to 5 working days. I was advised to call back if I didn't hear anything within the time frame.

5 working days elapsed and I still did not have any correspondence. As per the agent's advice, I called them again on 25th February to track the progress. The agent took my details and mentioned that they would be escalating the case to the Home Office. If I don't hear anything again within "5 working days", I was advised to call back again.

I got a call from the Home Office via a private number on 26th February. I didn't pick up the call initially, but the person left me a voicemail and called me back after 20 minutes. The lady I spoke to mentioned that due to the delay I would get a refund (which I have to claim online). The case will still be treated as a priority and they would aim to look into it as soon as possible.

Did anyone get a call from the Home Office regarding getting a refund due to the delay?
I called the HO helpline again today, on behalf of my wife and they said I escalated on 22nd Feb and now I can only escalate again after 30 working days if I’ve had a response. I told them that I escalated on 15th Feb (also had a response - generic email) and after 5 working days escalated on 22nd Feb and the woman said that is an error and never should have happened!

Lost all hope now.

Good luck to everyone.

Ken
Hope for the best mate. I am sure it is quite frustrating - especially when you pay for a premium service.

The lady from the home office who I spoke to did mention that there are quite a few super priority service applications that have not been looked at yet and assured me that I was not the only one. However, the applications are labelled as a priority so they will try to wrap it as soon as possible. I tried asking for a time frame but she replied she couldn't give one and the only thing I can do is wait - not very helpful there!
Thanks! It’s nice that you get a reassuring phone call but many people haven’t heard any news at all. It’s just so inconsistent. It’s been 2 weeks since my wife gave her biometrics and we just haven’t heard a thing from them.
I think I have been granted ILR. I have had no official letter yet, but there is a way to check the status.

Visit this link - https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

Fill in the details as required (Only asks for BRP number and date of birth). It will give you your status.

I checked mine yesterday, and it said "You can work until 15/03/2019". However, I have checked it again today, and now it says "There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK."

This inevitably means my application has been looked and I have been granted ILR. Just have to wait for the official letter to arrive via post.

speckycanuck
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by speckycanuck » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:45 am

Apexhoundd wrote:
I called the HO helpline again today, on behalf of my wife and they said I escalated on 22nd Feb and now I can only escalate again after 30 working days if I’ve had a response. I told them that I escalated on 15th Feb (also had a response - generic email) and after 5 working days escalated on 22nd Feb and the woman said that is an error and never should have happened!

Lost all hope now.

Good luck to everyone.

Ken
I think your wife and I are still in the same boat - I got the same thing re calling back - called back after 5 biz days, took my details, could swear they said another 5... but I called back (8 biz days after 1st call) and was told now I have to wait 30 biz days. The inconsistency is maddening, as are the shifting goal posts. My hope right now is my MP's office, which seems to include a helpful immigration case worker type person; my MP raised with the with Home Office and they have 20 working days to respond to MPs - which puts their response to her almost the same day as my '30 biz days call back' - 12-14 March.

Ken, have you escalated via MP? Do let us know if you get word, or a letter etc. I'm now worried about getting a letter like one of the posts above (unexplained new processing deadline of May, 3 months, in their case). Ugh.

Good luck to you all, and keep the info coming, this thread is an absolute lifeline given how opaque the whole darn process is otherwise!

Apexhoundd
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhoundd » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 am

speckycanuck wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:45 am
Apexhoundd wrote:

Lost all hope now.

Good luck to everyone.

Ken
I think your wife and I are still in the same boat - I got the same thing re calling back - called back after 5 biz days, took my details, could swear they said another 5... but I called back (8 biz days after 1st call) and was told now I have to wait 30 biz days. The inconsistency is maddening, as are the shifting goal posts. My hope right now is my MP's office, which seems to include a helpful immigration case worker type person; my MP raised with the with Home Office and they have 20 working days to respond to MPs - which puts their response to her almost the same day as my '30 biz days call back' - 12-14 March.

Ken, have you escalated via MP? Do let us know if you get word, or a letter etc. I'm now worried about getting a letter like one of the posts above (unexplained new processing deadline of May, 3 months, in their case). Ugh.

Good luck to you all, and keep the info coming, this thread is an absolute lifeline given how opaque the whole darn process is otherwise!
Hello! Yes, we are stuck on the same kind of timeline.

Yes my MP’s secretary notified me on 18th Feb that they have contacted the HO on my behalf but never gave me any indication of the time it would take to get a response. Will keep you posted and good luck again!

waitingresponse
Newly Registered
India

Post by waitingresponse » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 am

I am also in same boat, called MP today and MP contacted home office again, they still haven't made decision and asked to wait more after many escalations.

JFraser
Newly Registered

Post by JFraser » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am

Hi all,

Does ""There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK" on the https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
definitely mean ILR has been granted? I didnt check the page before so i can't compare to what it said beforehand

Thanks

Apexhoundd
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhoundd » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:39 am

waitingresponse wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 am
I am also in same boat, called MP today and MP contacted home office again, they still haven't made decision and asked to wait more after many escalations.
It’s good that you had some kind of a response.
I guess all these escalations and MP calls are useless as the HO just do everything on their own terms and all we can do is wait ..

Apexhoundd
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhoundd » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:40 am

JFraser wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am
Hi all,

Does ""There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK" on the https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
definitely mean ILR has been granted? I didnt check the page before so i can't compare to what it said beforehand

Thanks
Yes according to the users on this forum.

Congrats!

JFraser
Newly Registered

Post by JFraser » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:42 am

Thanks, and I do wish you a positive outcome soon. The suspense is such a killer...

Apexhoundd wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:40 am
JFraser wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:34 am
Hi all,

Thanks
Yes according to the users on this forum.

Congrats!

abhijit19
India

Post by abhijit19 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:49 am

Just heard back re my refund request - In my case they were only 24 hours late.

"Dear Mr XYZ,

We received your request for a refund of £610.00 due to your application not being processed within the 24 hour period after enrolment of your biometrics on the 19 February 2019. The refund was requested on 21 February 2019.

Your refund will be sent to your account in due course."

Now to wait and see when the refund comes in.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:59 am

abhijit19 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:49 am

"Dear Mr XYZ,

We received your request for a refund of £610.00 due to your application not being processed within the 24 hour period after enrolment of your biometrics on the 19 February 2019. The refund was requested on 21 February 2019.

Hi Abhijit19,

That's a great news.

What is the procedure to get the refund back ?

I mean any email address or address where letter needs to be sent ?

Could you please provide more details on this.

Many Thanks

Raj

abhijit19
India

Post by abhijit19 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:06 pm

RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:59 am
abhijit19 wrote:

"Dear Mr XYZ,

Hi Abhijit19,

That's a great news.

Many Thanks

Raj
I just emailed back on the same email address that emailed about ILR approval and cc-ed in the complaints department too.
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
Tier25TMC@homeoffice.gov.uk

Mine was a Tier 2 to ILR. So the email address might be different if yours wasn't

symo85
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by symo85 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Type of application: UK Ancestry SET(0) & SET(O)-Partner (Super Priority)
Online application submission date: 24 February 2019
Documents uploaded online: 24 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 25 February 2019, Croydon 08:30
Default Confirmation email received: none, only confirmation was the Sopra Steria lady confirming it had been successfully submitted
Approval Email/Letter provided: waiting

Question regarding the https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work website. I don't have a BRP, only an original visa in my passport. I'm guessing I can't use this website? And there's probably no way to find out what the BRP number will be? (i.e. if you lost your card, there's not a site to find out what the number is?)

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:10 pm

symo85 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:41 pm
Type of application: UK Ancestry SET(0) & SET(O)-Partner (Super Priority)
Online application submission date: 24 February 2019
Documents uploaded online: 24 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 25 February 2019, Croydon 08:30
Default Confirmation email received: none, only confirmation was the Sopra Steria lady confirming it had been successfully submitted
Approval Email/Letter provided: waiting

Question regarding the https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work website. I don't have a BRP, only an original visa in my passport. I'm guessing I can't use this website? And there's probably no way to find out what the BRP number will be? (i.e. if you lost your card, there's not a site to find out what the number is?)
Yes, you are right.

If you don't have the BRP, You cannot use the below link.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:15 pm

abhijit19 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:06 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:59 am
abhijit19 wrote:

"Dear Mr XYZ,

Hi Abhijit19,

That's a great news.

Many Thanks

Raj
I just emailed back on the same email address that emailed about ILR approval and cc-ed in the complaints department too.
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
Tier25TMC@homeoffice.gov.uk

Mine was a Tier 2 to ILR. So the email address might be different if yours wasn't
Hi Abhijit19,

I am also on to Tier 2 route.

After how many days you got this confirmation email about the refund after you have replied them back ?

Could you also please let me know to what email address you sent the email back to as I have not received any email and straight away got the BRP. ?

Also if you could share the template of the mail than that would be a great help.

Many thanks.

Raj.

Saad02
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Saad02 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Saad02 wrote:
I have opted for the UKVCAS Super Priority Service and was expecting to get a decision within 24 hours after my Biometric enrollment on 15th February. However, I have had no correspondence whatsoever. I called them on 19th February to get an update and was advised by the agent that generally a decision is made within 24 hours for "Super Priority" cases, but the correspondence could take up to 5 working days. I was advised to call back if I didn't hear anything within the time frame.

5 working days elapsed and I still did not have any correspondence. As per the agent's advice, I called them again on 25th February to track the progress. The agent took my details and mentioned that they would be escalating the case to the Home Office. If I don't hear anything again within "5 working days", I was advised to call back again.

I got a call from the Home Office via a private number on 26th February. I didn't pick up the call initially, but the person left me a voicemail and called me back after 20 minutes. The lady I spoke to mentioned that due to the delay I would get a refund (which I have to claim online). The case will still be treated as a priority and they would aim to look into it as soon as possible.

Did anyone get a call from the Home Office regarding getting a refund due to the delay?
Update: I have received the letter of approval today (28th February 2019). The Letter was issued on 27th February 2019. The letter also mentioned that I should receive my BRP within 7 days.

JFraser
Newly Registered

Post by JFraser » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Congrats, Saad!

One small question: above you say you found out using https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work (this morning)

Then you received a confirmation by letter this afternoon.

Did you receive an email confirmation also today, or not?

Thanks

Saad02 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:00 pm
Saad02 wrote:

Update: I have received the letter of approval today (28th February 2019). The Letter was issued on 27th February 2019. The letter also mentioned that I should receive my BRP within 7 days.

JFraser
Newly Registered

Post by JFraser » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:48 pm

just got letter in post!
JFraser wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:46 pm
Congrats, Saad!

One small question: above you say you found out using https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work (this morning)

Thanks

Saad02 wrote:
Saad02 wrote:

ilrupdate
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilrupdate » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Hello everyone, my experience with the new system below-

Type of application: SET(O) under T2 General route, Super Priority
Online application submission date: 22 February 2019
Documents uploaded online: 23-27 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 28 February 2019, 08:30, Croydon
E-mail from UKVI granting my leave: 28 February 2019, 14:13
Checked my status on the right to work web-page, it has now been updated to 'no limit'

Awaiting the decision letter & BRP.

Good luck folks!

Saad02
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Saad02 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Thanks mate!

I did not receive any e-mail confirmation. I received the approval letter today via post, and it was issued yesterday. I am assuming when I checked the website yesterday afternoon; Home office still hadn't issued the letter out. Hence, it said: "You can work until 15/03/2019".
JFraser wrote:
Congrats, Saad!

Thanks

Saad02 wrote:
Saad02 wrote:

Saad02
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Saad02 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:41 pm

Congrats :)
JFraser wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:48 pm
just got letter in post!
JFraser wrote:
Congrats, Saad!

Thanks

Saad02 wrote:
Saad02 wrote:

rah10
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by rah10 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:44 am

congrats.
Lets hope mine is the same as i have a similar situation

Aysesare
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Aysesare » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:30 am

Hello all, yesterday I got an e-mail but I dont know. What is mean?? I worried :cry: What they say ?😫
Aplicatdate 27.02.19. 10.00
Got email 28.02.19. 10.18. Application type: SetM
Tittle: important notice from home office
Hi xxx
We have attempted to process your application within the 24 hour service standard, unfortunately it appears it will not be processed within this time. A letter has been issued to you via recorded delivery: XxxxxxxxgB. Please await the receipt of this letter and follow the instructions provided.
King regards