ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lily3
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Lily3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:29 am

Thanks for updating here :)

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 am

Anira wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:20 am
Just got through, she said they were looking at my application at this moment and I should get a letter soon. I asked if ceremony is fully booked and she said no, it is not.
Thanks for the update. We are just over 8 weeks away from the expected ceremony date of 29 April. So based on previous trends, they should be sending approvals in the next couple of weeks.

Its amazing that almost 2 years ago I got my approval in just over 9 months but my wife has now been waiting for over 14 months for hers. :?

hakeem
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hakeem » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:12 am

Good news Anira.But even if the started sending approvals today, it takes afew days in the post.May be up to 1week.

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:27 pm

Hello everyone,,
Just got through she told me my application still on final stage just waiting to send to minister. Everything is done just next step is sending to the minister. I asked if there is any chances to get something before this year coming ceremony she said there are alot of files still have to send to minister because there is no ceremony has been selected yet so mine could be involved in next batch. seems like she doesn’t know when is the next ceremony..

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:13 pm

I guess it depends on the person that picks up the phone. A very rude lady answered my call today and simply told me that they don't need anything from me. She refuses to tell me whether my application was submitted or due to be submitted, whether there is any issue with my application or whether there will be a ceremony soon. She simply replied "I can't tell you that" like four or five times in a call that lasted only 50 seconds.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:19 pm

They treat us like we are criminals
We pay taxes we work hard yet we are being discriminated.
What a joke!!

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:30 pm

same response for me as well. Application finalized they are now preparing lists for sending decisions.
Asked if I am included in the list, she said I don't know. Asked again does it mean I am not included in the list, she said no one is in the list yet, we are still preparing. Then a typical rattle about the huge backlog, 2017 is the priority.
Asked if I am in the next ceremony she said I don't know when is next ceremony. Told her; do you know Minister already answered a parliamentary question stating it is on 29th of April. Then she said, ok, then you know and exactly for that ceremony we are now preparing lists and will be sending letters soon.

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:22 pm

Kind of similar answes eveyone is getting.. I just dropped an email as well last week. Reply which i got is just copy &paste as usual.. but the reply from team 7 which i never got before.. is there anyone know what exactly team 7 is?? 🤔🤔thankx in advance ☺️

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:22 pm
Kind of similar answes eveyone is getting.. I just dropped an email as well last week. Reply which i got is just copy &paste as usual.. but the reply from team 7 which i never got before.. is there anyone know what exactly team 7 is?? 🤔🤔thankx in advance ☺️
I believe the helpdesk teams replying to emails are different than processing teams dealing with your file. And even the processing teams dealing with your files are usually a single team, the team which sent you a written letter about your file will remain the same throughout. At least this is the case for me.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:34 pm

They have a couple of new recruits this year to deal with the backlog thanks to Brexit, so I guess new team numbers will show up. They did a staff training earlier this month as well. It may not show an immediate effect but hopefully the backlog will clear up as time goes by. At least I hope those new guys will have a better attitude than those "experienced" who absolutely hate to pick up their phones.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:12 am

Anira wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:48 am
My guess they sent 1st batch of approvals and are waiting the 10 days for people to pay thefee and send gnib etc. And depending how many more they need to
Fill in application, they will send x amount for decision to the Minister... guess only.. first batch was sent on the 15th of Feb so if I am right we should see more from the 25th of Feb onwards
Another person on this forum got approval today. She applied in Oct 2017 too. So 2nd batch of approvals must be out. Fingers crossed everyone.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:47 am

Hi everyone. I am continuously calling to INIS but didn’t get through. Is there anyone else who is trying to call and got any response?

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 am

Lily3 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:47 am
Hi everyone. I am continuously calling to INIS but didn’t get through. Is there anyone else who is trying to call and got any response?
No luck either...

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am

Took me over 100 calls but I got through within 30 mins yes

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:04 am

kseni wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am
Lucky you. Uptill now I tried but no luck.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 am

Anira wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 am
Lily3 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:47 am
No luck either...
:(

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:08 am

kseni wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 am
Did they provide you with a meaningful update? I just got through now and the man on the phone said I am scheduled for minister decision and should hear back within the next couple of weeks 🙄

According to my own theory (guess only based on posts that approvals are sent every 10 days according to applicants subscription to ceremony = payment of fee and valid GNIB) these are the dates for next batch of approvals:

15th of Feb - posted 1st batch
18th of Feb - letters received in the post
25th of Feb - posted 2nd batch
27th of Feb - letters receives in the post
6th of March - 3rd batch will be posted
8th of March - letters will start coming through

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:52 am

Ok I'm back to square one. Last month I was told that my application has been submitted to minister and I would receive a letter within a few weeks. Then I tried to call them once a week to see if there's any update.

So far the information I received each time is contradictory. Sometimes I was told it was in the queue to be submitted; sometimes I was told it wasn't in the queue. Today I was told the application is not finished yet and they are still running checks.

I wonder what they can really see in their system and whether everyone just has their own interpretation of a certain status, or is it really that my application status would change back and forth every week.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:11 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:52 am
Ok I'm back to square one. Last month I was told that my application has been submitted to minister and I would receive a letter within a few weeks. Then I tried to call them once a week to see if there's any update.

So far the information I received each time is contradictory. Sometimes I was told it was in the queue to be submitted; sometimes I was told it wasn't in the queue. Today I was told the application is not finished yet and they are still running checks.

I wonder what they can really see in their system and whether everyone just has their own interpretation of a certain status, or is it really that my application status would change back and forth every week.
This happens to me too. Goes from “on line for submission” to “being processed”, however they are probably scheduled for submission. Cant wait for all this to be over, my only hope is that every day that passes it’s a day closer to finding out the outcome of all this. Never thought it would drag for this long, honestly.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:13 pm

They told me my case is with supervisor for the final checks, after which submission to the minister.
No idea how long the checks take nor ministers decision. She couldn’t confirm April ceremony for me.
Do you think it’s positive? Im waiting 25 months now

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Just was on the phone with a really nice lady, she said the same (application is with supervisor at the moment), waiting so far 7 months as Eu citizen. Who knows is it true or lady is giving the same reply to everyone who got to her over the phone.

She confirmed date as 29.4. and INIS website would be updated shortly as per her.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:35 pm

kseni wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:13 pm
They told me my case is with supervisor for the final checks, after which submission to the minister.
No idea how long the checks take nor ministers decision. She couldn’t confirm April ceremony for me.
I had never heard of that type of update before but I do believe they are looking at 2017 applications. This is terrible they make you wait this long.

They are terribly slow, a friend who applied in Nov 2017 only got a letter this month asking for a PSC card, meaning that they have only checked her documents in February 2019! I am sure some applications get lost, it’s a lot of paper flying around.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:46 pm

kseni wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:13 pm
I was told same that my file is with supervisor. I wonder which stage is that? I really hope that we get decision soon as it’s very frustrating now

Larysa
Ukraine

Post by Larysa » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 pm

on INIS website

Next ceremony
The next day of citizenship ceremonies will take place on Monday 29th April 2019 at the Killarney Convention Centre, Killarney, Co. Kerry.

A further two ceremony dates are also confirmed to take place at the Killarney Convention Centre on the 30th of September and the 9th of December 2019. Invitations will issue in due course. Please do not contact us in this regard as we are not in a position to confirm invitation at this stage.

3 ceremony days!!!!WOW!!!!

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:24 pm

I hope I am in Aprils one, it will be 2 years I will have applied if I only get it in September :|