ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying UK Visa my wife is Irish Passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

romel23
Newly Registered
Ireland

Applying UK Visa my wife is Irish Passport

Post by romel23 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi do I really need to pay for applying UK visa visiting London for 1 day? Because when I apply online for an appointment the past part of the application process is to pay 112 Euro. Need help or advice do I really need to pay that amount even my wife is an Irish Passport.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Applying UK Visa my wife is Irish Passport

Post by max307 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:13 pm

romel23 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm
Hi do I really need to pay for applying UK visa visiting London for 1 day? Because when I apply online for an appointment the past part of the application process is to pay 112 Euro. Need help or advice do I really need to pay that amount even my wife is an Irish Passport.
Are you travelling on your own or is your Irish wife joining you in London/travelling with you to London?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

romel23
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by romel23 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:55 pm

I'm travelling on my own but I have friends with me for one day filipino tennis tournament in southhampton.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:06 pm

You will need a visa then if you would normally need a visit to enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:08 pm

romel23 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:55 pm
I'm travelling on my own but I have friends with me for one day filipino tennis tournament in southhampton.
Yes, you will need to apply for a visa and pay the required fees regardless of your marriage to an Irish citizen if travelling on your own.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:10 pm

If you are not travelling with your wife, you need a visa on your own and you need to pay for the visa fee. Simple as that. It doesn't matter if you are travelling for one day or one week.

You can avail of TWOV (travel without visa) if you are "transiting" through UK to a third-country. You need to have an onward ticket within 24 hours of arrival in the UK. This third-country cannot be Ireland as it is within the common travel area.

romel23
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by romel23 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Thank you very much for your help it means a lot to me sadly I have to pay 112 euro good for 6 months. More power to cr001, littlerr and max307. All the best.