ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I use bank e-statement to apply for a C visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

absy1123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Can I use bank e-statement to apply for a C visa?

Post by absy1123 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:04 pm

I'm in Thailand at the moment with my partner. I am trying to help her make an application for a C visa to visit Ireland.

I noticed part of the documentation requirements is to provide bank statements for the last 6 months. This presents a frustrating dilemma for me.

The only bank statements I currently have access to in Thailand are my AIB e-statements. However, the official INIS website suggests that e-statements should be signed and certified by my bank. I am unsure how strictly that is enforced but I guess depending on luck doesn't fill me with confidence.

Given that it would be incredibly expensive and impractical for me to fly all the way back to Ireland just so I can get my e-statements certified and stamped at AIB, are there any other possible solutions here? Is it worth trying to make the visa application with just the printed e-statements and no bank stamp or certification?

Thanks for any helpl

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Can I use bank e-statement to apply for a C visa?

Post by max307 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:13 pm

absy1123 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:04 pm
I'm in Thailand at the moment with my partner. I am trying to help her make an application for a C visa to visit Ireland.

I noticed part of the documentation requirements is to provide bank statements for the last 6 months. This presents a frustrating dilemma for me.

The only bank statements I currently have access to in Thailand are my AIB e-statements. However, the official INIS website suggests that e-statements should be signed and certified by my bank. I am unsure how strictly that is enforced but I guess depending on luck doesn't fill me with confidence.

Given that it would be incredibly expensive and impractical for me to fly all the way back to Ireland just so I can get my e-statements certified and stamped at AIB, are there any other possible solutions here? Is it worth trying to make the visa application with just the printed e-statements and no bank stamp or certification?

Thanks for any helpl
I think those "e-statements signed and certified by your bank" are meant for the applicant's bank account in foreign countries, like your partner's bank account in Thailand.

I would suggest to get in touch with the Irish embassy there but I'm pretty sure AIB e-statements are fine.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Can I use bank e-statement to apply for a C visa?

Post by littlerr » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:18 pm

I have never heard of any issue using e-statement. In fact majority of people use e-statements nowadays. Check with the embassy in Thailand.
If the embassy says they need a certified copy, then so be it. You have 3 workarounds.
1. If you have someone else living at your address in Ireland, you can always call AIB to ask for a copy of statement to be sent to your address. Then ask that person to mail it over to you.
2. If you don't have someone else living at your address, change your address in AIB online portal to be one of your friend's. Then call AIB and send a copy of statement to your friend's address.
3. Get one of your friend in Ireland to print off a copy of e-statement for you. Bring it to a branch and ask for stamps. Just tell them you need them for immigration purposes. I did this for my girlfriend and didn't have any issues. They didn't even ask for photo ID or anything like that. You can send a copy of your photo ID to your friend and a consent letter just to be safe.