ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa C application redirected in Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: Visa C application redirected in Dublin

Post by Myself_andI » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:02 pm

You know, someone suggested that in another post I've read but I was reluctant to do it cause I didn't know if that would affect the later Stamp 4 phase. I think it would be harder to explain how from a simple visit family member visa will turn into "i wanna stay permanent" visa. But then again that is just my thoughts.

I am in Kildare county at the moment.

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:00 pm

Let's wait then on what the comission says ...

Funny thing is that I find nowhere that these type of visas are being referred to Dublin EXCEPT for the embassy in India.

I'll post back tomorrow when I called the Berlin Embassy to ask if they need to do that as well.

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:05 pm

by the way the "join family" visas to be approved arrived in the dublin office on December 11th and judging logically these are the visas for Non EU Family Reunification and Irish Citizen (click the hyperlink) Sooooooo being optimistic the accelerated process may kicks in before.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 am

Hey,
i saw the date of when visa was received once you've said it. Honestly thought, This is for D visa. Cause if we have submitted C visa for EU member spouse and they treat it like D visa, we have a serious problem.

One question though, the marriage certificate, was it the original or a copy?My wife went with both original and copy and the employees there in Ukraine told he that copy is enough and when I spoke with the Russian embassy they also said that the copy is ok.However, the Irish site indicates that all documents should be originals. I am kinda worried about it.

Thanks

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:21 am

If in doubt sent originals besides your passport. So did we I put in everything to proove that I'm living here and that I'm working here permanently.
I'm only worried for the time span that it may can take and the unclear categorization from INIS that they don't give the information to what that accelerated process is compared to.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:27 am

We already sent now so I hope if they want the original, they will ask.

On the 6th of March it will be one month for us so if we don't have any news around that time I will know that the people in Russia knew what they where talking about when they said that this visa is being treated as a "Join Spouse" visa.

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:37 am

As I said I don't understand this classification and why we're explicitly steered to apply for a C Visa... It doesn't make any sense to me at least. Visit Family/Friends C Visas are much more what this should be for ...

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:42 am

To my understanding and from reading visa D requirements, the spouse should be either Irish or Non-EU and we are neither so this is why we are directed towards to the specific type of visa.
If this is what you are asking...

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:48 am

Well there's a clear line for our situation in the article you're referring to

The policies do not apply to:

applications pursuant to Directive 2004/38/EC on the rights of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of Member States
applications for family reunification by recognised refugees or persons granted subsidiary protection.

So all confusing ...

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:12 am

The EU Comission came back to me yesterday, saying the following:

Dear Citizen,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Your Europe Advice service.

There is provision under Article 5(4), Directive 2004/38/EC under which your wife could present at the Irish border with her passport and marriage certificate and present these to the Irish immigration authorities. The process is not confined to the Schengen area. The Irish immigration authorities would then consider this documentation and investigate whether your wife presents a threat to public security or public health or public policy (Article 27, Directive 2004/38/EC) before issuing a visa to her. However, we do not recommend this option as it can result in unpleasant delays and may ultimately result in refusal. In addition, you may find that airlines or ferries will not permit your wife to board without a valid visa. We therefore recommend that your wife awaits issue of her visa from the Irish authorities before attempting to enter Ireland. The visa should issue to her without delay or formality or charge as she will be joining you in Ireland (Article 5, Directive 2004/38/EC).

We trust that this information is of assistance to you. Should you have any further queries in relation to protection of your rights in the EU, please do not hesitate to revert to the Your Europe Advice service.

Yours sincerely,
Your Europe Advice

To submit another enquiry, please visit Your Europe Advice, but do not reply to this e-mail.

I find it kind of comforting that these guys take some time for your requests and come back with solid answers !

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:04 pm

Hi,

Tomorrow we will be in one month in so I got this response from visa applications department in Ireland and I will share it with you

"Dear....

Thank you for your email of 26/02/2019.

The application referred to is currently awaiting examination.

Due to the large volume of applications of this type, the visa office is
currently experiencing some delays in the processing of applications.
While every effort is made to process these applications as soon as
possible, processing times will vary, having regard to the volume of
applications, their complexity, the possible need for the visa office to
seek further information in relation to certain applications, and the
resources available.

Kind regards,"

So i guess that one month is not enough and we have no idea when we will have the response

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:24 pm

You may consider EU Solvit for that case.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:43 pm

I have no idea what is that!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:43 pm
I have no idea what is that!
http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/sco ... dex_en.htm
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:02 pm

Thanks!

So you think i can go and give this a try or it will piss people off more and will examine my case in 100 months? :)

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:45 pm

Well I've sent a letter.
Maybe they will help and worse case they will not have a way to help.

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:23 am

Funny thing. I've been also spreading my case to every possible position possible. The embassy in Berlin told me the following.

I was asking back in the day if the 4 weeks time frame is manageable realisticly. So everything that helps I'd say.

Dear xxx,

it is four weeks. However, the four weeks start when we have received all the required documents rather than when you first issue the application.

Best wishes,

Xxx

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Visumabteilung/Visa Section

Botschaft von Irland/Embassy of Ireland

Jägerstr. 51, 10117 Berlin

http://www.embassyofireland.de/

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 am

Yeah apparently it is not 4 weeks nor 90 days as they've said.

What really gets me worked up though is that nowhere do they say when/if and under which conditions they redirect Visas to Dublin. Nor do they say that this means that this will take x amount of time. Cause if they told me that OK this happens and dude, it will take 3 months then I could relax instead of checking websites every day for decisions. Plus I could plan my life a bit better.

Apparently it does not make a difference that I am EU citizen and I assume that they check D visas at the same time with C spouse visas.Otherwise we should have had a result by now.

I have also sent an email to the SOLVE it page and they've said that they will send it back to my country and from the moment they will receive it, it will take 10 weeks to resolve it and if it can be resolved.

If the visa will take 10 more weeks, I am changing countries

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:29 am

I'm pretty sure that Solvit won't take that long. But I know what you're going through man honestly. Checking the "Join Family" Visa waiting time we're now at December 19th. I suppose that means the "normal Join Family visas"

Hopefully our accelerated process comes to work there. By the way do you have a date when the visa HQ in Dublin received your application?

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:09 am

No idea. No one is saying when they were sent from Russia or received from Dublin.

I know that they are received in Dublin otherwise they wouldn't say that it is under evaluation. So i am guessing that they are not in this category.

I have sent another email to the Immigration office for further clarification and I am waiting for reply

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:43 am

My HR Manager just sent me the following. She will come back to me once she clarified if the EU Treaty Law can be also applied for that change.

"On arrival in the State, eligible spouses and de facto partners will be granted an immigration permission with automatic right to work," said Justice Minister, Charlie Flanagan, whose department helped bring about the changes.
"This will enable critical skills permit holders and their families to quickly become established and assist in their integration in society," he added.

According to her this change made public this morning.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Yes it is true. I have read it also and at least it is one good piece of news

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Hopefully that frees some capacity to process Visas

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:53 pm

It most definitely will. Just as long as we manage to get them in the country this month :)

sembe
Mood:

Post by sembe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi Guys,

My spouse application from Eastern part of Africa also got sent to Dublin...we are in the same boat :roll:

The information i have is 4 weeks waiting. :oops:

...I guess that's all we can do...WAIT 8)