ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:35 pm

To be honest, your application starts getting prepared for submission to the Minister from the day it moves from the initial stage to the second stage ;) I hope you get your decision soon, but all these statements don't mean anything new.

Samfv
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Samfv » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:09 pm

:x

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Captainf wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 pm
:oops: ... I applied in November 2016. Got Second stage letter in December 2016. Apparently straight forward application. Nothing since except copy paste emails and letters. Recently asked my TD to inquire about the delay. Same copy paste reply to him as well. Tomorrow I'm going to ask for copy of my file under FOI Act. Let's see what they come up again with. Totally frustrated.
Hello everybody. Today I got my decision after solicitor got leave in the high court to apply got judicial review. My solicitor was so right. As soon as I took my case to the high court they granted me citizenship. 3.5k later but my worries are over.

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:22 pm

Hello everybody. Thought you would all like to know that I got my decision today. I have been granted citizenship and I am happy 😃 I took
The judicial review case in the end and my solicitor and barrister got leave of the court for me to do judicial review. Then the citizenship department granted my application just as I was told that they would. It has cost me financially and emotionally but I got there. I can get on with my life and my medical career now. I don’t have to worry about my non-eea status anymore. I have the same training opportunity as my Irish and eu colleagues. It was worth it. 3.5k for the legal fees because the court will not a grant Costs against the state because they say that the decision was going to be made anyway and judicial review made no difference. I don’t believe them. If I did not do this I would not have my citizenship now. Hats off to my solicitor. A very clever and experienced lady.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:00 am

Jamalk wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:22 pm
Hello everybody. Thought you would all like to know that I got my decision today. I have been granted citizenship and I am happy 😃 I took
The judicial review case in the end and my solicitor and barrister got leave of the court for me to do judicial review. Then the citizenship department granted my application just as I was told that they would. It has cost me financially and emotionally but I got there. I can get on with my life and my medical career now. I don’t have to worry about my non-eea status anymore. I have the same training opportunity as my Irish and eu colleagues. It was worth it. 3.5k for the legal fees because the court will not a grant Costs against the state because they say that the decision was going to be made anyway and judicial review made no difference. I don’t believe them. If I did not do this I would not have my citizenship now. Hats off to my solicitor. A very clever and experienced lady.
Congratulations! So you asked the solicitor to apply for judicial review 2 weeks ago, and you got your approval today?! That's super fast even in INIS's normal standards. It often takes more than 2 weeks for them to acknowledge something...

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 am

Jamalk wrote:
Congratulations for your approval and grant of your citizenship. Bro would you please share your solicitor/Barrister name in private? I would like to do the same. Thats my last correspondence with the department.

"I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for natualisation.

I acknowledge your correspondence received in this Office re, the status of your Citizenship Application as outlined to xxxxx Solicitor in my correspondence of 30/10/2018, the delay in processing your application is regretted however it is the case that when an application is submitted to the Minister we are obliged to ensure that all relevant information is available to the Minister in order for him to make a fully informed decision. Your Citizenship Application is at an advanced stage of assessment. Your patience is appreciated in this matter"

Team 1

What do u think guys?

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:45 pm

Rockguy.

Just get a solicitor. This is ridiculous.
Their answer is a template.
I would push them a lot.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:47 pm

Jamalk wrote:
Congrats Jamalk.
Very well deserved. It is sad that you went through legal way but they didnt leave you any choice.
Probably this will be our case too.

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm

rockyguy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 am
Jamalk wrote:
Congratulations for your approval and grant of your citizenship. Bro would you please share your solicitor/Barrister name in private? I would like to do the same. Thats my last correspondence with the department.

"I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for natualisation.

I acknowledge your correspondence received in this Office re, the status of your Citizenship Application as outlined to xxxxx Solicitor in my correspondence of 30/10/2018, the delay in processing your application is regretted however it is the case that when an application is submitted to the Minister we are obliged to ensure that all relevant information is available to the Minister in order for him to make a fully informed decision. Your Citizenship Application is at an advanced stage of assessment. Your patience is appreciated in this matter"

Team 1

What do u think guys?
Sorry the administration does not allow me to private message you. I would if it was not for that.
My solicitor is on Dublin south side and she has been there for years doing immigration. She has dark curly hair and brown eyed. Possibly Jewish but I am not sure. I hope this information helps you. I got that “advanced stage” line you. After 6 months i was still waiting😡

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:42 pm

Jamalk wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but did they ever disclose during the review the reasons as to why there was such a delay, or they just sent the approval letter?

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:46 pm

S
O
L
I
C
I
T
O
R
#
U can code the msg, or write her name word by word in front of each line, same way number please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:48 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:46 pm
S
O
L
I
C
I
T
O
R
#
U can code the msg, or write her name word by word in front of each line, same way number please
All tricks we have seen 100s of times and are well aware of and spot instantly. Persistent flouting of the forum rules will result in members being banned by username, IP and email address!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:13 pm

They never disclosed the reason for the delay Anira. Finepaddy: According to my legal team, the citizenship dept delay applications from Pakistan and Afghanistan much more than other Countries that they have seen delays.. she is owner of the firm and there are other immigration solicitors in the firm
Alos. I hope you all get what you are looking for, good luck with it all.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 am

Don’t know if it’s any good news but the lady on the phone just told me that teh supervisors are doing final checks on my application at the moment to submit it to the minister later.
Also don’t know what’s the timeframe for these checks and how fast it’s being submitted and how fast he makes his decision.
Anyway told me the letter with updated status should be with me shortly

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 am

kseni wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 am
Don’t know if it’s any good news but the lady on the phone just told me that teh supervisors are doing final checks on my application at the moment to submit it to the minister later.
Also don’t know what’s the timeframe for these checks and how fast it’s being submitted and how fast he makes his decision.
Hi Kseni,
can you please let me know when did you apply?
Thanks.

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 am

Spire01 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:54 am
kseni wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:51 am
Hi Kseni,
can you please let me know when did you apply?
Thanks.
sorry, i meant which month in 2016?

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:57 am

Jan 4, 2017, but I’m hanging in this thread as it’s almost 2016;)

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:58 am

kseni wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:57 am
Jan 4, 2017, but I’m hanging in this thread as it’s almost 2016;)
thanks, hope you get your approval soon..

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:50 pm

I also got letters to say that my application was being submitted to the minister for a decision and I waited for almost 6 months. They just tell you that to stop you from becoming legal. Sorry to give you back news but from taking to a lot of people and from my own experience you could be waiting a long time. Give it a month and see what happens? Good luck

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:20 am

Jamalk wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm
rockyguy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 am
Jamalk wrote:

Team 1

What do u think guys?
Sorry the administration does not allow me to private message you. I would if it was not for that.
My solicitor is on Dublin south side and she has been there for years doing immigration. She has dark curly hair and brown eyed. Possibly Jewish but I am not sure. She is also the owner of the firm. I hope this information helps you. I got that “advanced stage” line you. After 6 months i was still waiting😡

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:02 pm

Hey guys, Yesterday I received copy of my application through FOI.

I had chance to go through all papers.

I am not sure if they sent me all papers on the file, but if this is my file. I can tell you that THEY DID NOT DO ANYTHING IN RELATION TO MY APPLICATION. My file. Is stiijng there for 2 years for no particular reason

Unbelievable....
I will try to sent you the details later.

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Statusquo73 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:02 pm

I am not sure if they sent me all papers on the file, but if this is my file. I can tell you that THEY DID NOT DO ANYTHING IN RELATION TO MY APPLICATION. My file. Is stiijng there for 2 years for no particular reason

Unbelievable....
I rang them yesterday to get an update. For the very first time a lady gave me about 15 minutes and she explained me about my case. She said everything is perfect about my case and my file is with the minister you should get reply in few weeks time. She didnt know about the ceremony she said we all are in complete darkness even though we all know its on 29th of april. well..i will wait 1 more month and see if something dont come i am going to barrister.

Captainf
Afghanistan

Post by Captainf » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 am

Applied in Nov 2016. Rang today to get an update the lady on phone said waiting Foreign Agency Report to further process your app as I said the has been said several times before as well, she then said we have requested a fresh one on 13th feb.
While they sent several letters before that your app is being prepared for submission in 2017 and 18.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am

Captainf wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 am
Applied in Nov 2016. Rang today to get an update the lady on phone said waiting Foreign Agency Report to further process your app as I said the has been said several times before as well, she then said we have requested a fresh one on 13th feb.
While they sent several letters before that your app is being prepared for submission in 2017 and 18.
If the flag attached to your account is truly representing your country of origin, then it is kind of obvious that they are discriminating you based on your country of origin. Pity that the approach followed by the department seems to play a waiting game and keep people waiting indefinitely till either they leave the country or go for legal action...

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:51 am

rockyguy wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:38 pm
Statusquo73 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:02 pm

Unbelievable....
I rang them yesterday to get an update. For the very first time a lady gave me about 15 minutes and she explained me about my case. She said everything is perfect about my case and my file is with the minister you should get reply in few weeks time. She didnt know about the ceremony she said we all are in complete darkness even though we all know its on 29th of april. well..i will wait 1 more month and see if something dont come i am going to barrister.
Like I said previously, it all depends on the person that picks up the phone. It might be a very rude or kind guy, but there answers are always meaningless and contradictory.

I’m going to stop spending an hour every week trying to get a call. Just fingers crossed that they would really make some progress on my application in this batch.