ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Philippine passport, will biometric residence permit still going to be valid for eu settlement scheme?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Renewing Philippine passport, will biometric residence permit still going to be valid for eu settlement scheme?

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone here may be able to know the answer. At the end of March, I will be eligible to apply for settlement scheme (Surinder Singh Route) and as you all know, to be able to apply, I will need to scan my biometric residence permit (vignette sticker). My passport is expiring soon and I need to apply for renewal.

My question is, if I apply for renewal now, will the residence permit (vignette) on my old passport still going to be valid for application? I don’t really want to get a new passport and then will have a problem with eu settlement application.

I hope I make sense.
Thank you 😊

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Renewing Philippine passport, will biometric residence permit still going to be valid for eu settlement scheme?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 pm

The vignette / residence permit does not expire with the passport - so you should be ok to scan that.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.