ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa approved for work but got another job offer!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ddlondongirl
Newly Registered
Singapore

Visa approved for work but got another job offer!!

Post by ddlondongirl » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi all,

So i am under a tier 2 general visa. Got an offer from Company A and they were super quick to give me the Certificate of Sponsorship and wanted me to apply for the visa using the super priority service i.e. got the visa in 2.5 weeks since offer acceptance.

The thing is, I just received another offer from Company B, which is my ideal company to work for and they are offering so much more. I have not started work in Company A yet but now have a visa tied to them. Have yet to resign from my current role as well.

What should i do if i want to join Company B instead but in the lowest risk possible as I don't want any issues with HO?

jd123
Newly Registered

Re: Visa approved for work but got another job offer!!

Post by jd123 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:47 am

Hi, I am in a similar situation. Any updates?

amitvad
Newly Registered
India

Re: Visa approved for work but got another job offer!!

Post by amitvad » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:46 pm

ddlondongirl wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:40 pm
Hi all,

So i am under a tier 2 general visa. Got an offer from Company A and they were super quick to give me the Certificate of Sponsorship and wanted me to apply for the visa using the super priority service i.e. got the visa in 2.5 weeks since offer acceptance.

The thing is, I just received another offer from Company B, which is my ideal company to work for and they are offering so much more. I have not started work in Company A yet but now have a visa tied to them. Have yet to resign from my current role as well.

What should i do if i want to join Company B instead but in the lowest risk possible as I don't want any issues with HO?
Go on the approved EC one ..i.e. Company A and then switch in UK in company B after you have the required approvals from them. They will provide unrestricted CoS in the UK, ihs surcharge and Visa fees. Don't resign from Company A unless you get your new visa for company B