ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying online- query about question and referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashy_19
Newly Registered
Mood:

Applying online- query about question and referee

Post by ashy_19 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi all,
Firstly I am sorry if this is in the wrong section but I just have some questions about the online form for British citizenship.

I am applying with my mother and since I turned over 18 I did the LITUK test and have met the English and ILR requirements. But as we were filling out the form we came the question Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? My mother put yes since she has and put the information from her tier 2 application to the most recent one which was ILR but when it comes to me do I need to say yes as I was still her dependant during the time she applied for all these. Common sense says I should say yes and state these but I am unsure. Moreover, if I do need to state prior applications the names in which I made the application would be my name right.

Also, for the professional reference we are using our church pastor but that was not on the accepted list of referees but minister of a recognised religions is. Would a pastor come under that. If a pastor is not accepted would the home office notify us that the referee was not suitable and give us a time to find a new referee or would our application be rejected instantly.

Once again I am very grateful for those who reply your help is very appreciated
Thank you in advance :D :D

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: Applying online- query about question and referee

Post by johnhkg » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 am

ashy_19 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 pm
Hi all,
Firstly I am sorry if this is in the wrong section but I just have some questions about the online form for British citizenship.

I am applying with my mother and since I turned over 18 I did the LITUK test and have met the English and ILR requirements. But as we were filling out the form we came the question Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? My mother put yes since she has and put the information from her tier 2 application to the most recent one which was ILR but when it comes to me do I need to say yes as I was still her dependant during the time she applied for all these. Common sense says I should say yes and state these but I am unsure. Moreover, if I do need to state prior applications the names in which I made the application would be my name right.

I suggest you put in those details that apply to you, there's nothing to hide

Also, for the professional reference we are using our church pastor but that was not on the accepted list of referees but minister of a recognised religions is. Would a pastor come under that. If a pastor is not accepted would the home office notify us that the referee was not suitable and give us a time to find a new referee or would our application be rejected instantly.

I believe a pastor is an acceptable referee, the list is not definitive, in any case UKVI would ask you to find another referee, but I sincerely doubt this would happen

Once again I am very grateful for those who reply your help is very appreciated
Thank you in advance :D :D