ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Academic Progression

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wenminglau
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Tier 4 Academic Progression

Post by wenminglau » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:47 am

Hi, i have previously ceased my Master studies in UK last year prior to enrollment but had been granted a Tier 4 visa. I planned to pursue a new different Master course at another university in year 2019/2020. I'd like to ask if my previous withdrawal will affects my new tier 4 visa in terms of academic progression. (*please note that the time limit of the degree level is not a problem for me).

wenminglau
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Re: Tier 4 Academic Progression

Post by wenminglau » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:36 am

Thanks for your reply. Since I have previously withdrawn my studies prior to enrollment, if i'm going to undertake a new (same level) course this year, will it contravene with TI4 policy guidance as referred in paragraph 60 and 62 (a) ?

Paragraph 60 : To meet the academic progression requirement, your new course must normally be above the level of the previous course for which you were given Tier 4 leave. For example, if your previous course was at RQF6 (and equivalents) your next course should be at least at level RQF7.

Paragraph 62 (a): you must have successfully completed (meaning you have achieved the qualification for which you were studying) the course for which you were last granted Tier 4 leave or, if you have changed courses with the same sponsor, the course you changed to; or

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Academic Progression

Post by sah10406 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:56 am

wenminglau wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:36 am
Since I have previously withdrawn my studies prior to enrollment, if i'm going to undertake a new (same level) course this year, will it contravene with TI4 policy guidance as referred in paragraph 60 and 62 (a) ?
No. For some reason you are ignoring paragraph 57. See my previous reply.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.