ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employed by family

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khan1992

employed by family

Post by khan1992 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi everyone,
If i could get some clarity on the following...
I am working in a family business since april 2018.
My salary was below the threshold for the 1st 6 months and has now increased above the threshold, i intend to make application when i have 6 months slips with the new amount..my question is if i submit my application with my wage slips and all other requirements,will it be refused as more details of the companys accounts will be required..as it is owned by a family member?

wahi66
BANNED

Re: employed by family

Post by wahi66 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:49 pm

very much likely. strong advice to submit detailed docs asked in appendix FM SE

see also recent post
immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 76012.html

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 pm

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:50 pm

In respect of income from employment and/or shares in a limited company based in the UK of a type specified in paragraph 9(a), the requirements of paragraph 9(b)-(e) shall apply in place of the requirements of paragraphs 2 and 10(b).
(a) The specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is either a director or employee of the company, or both, or of another company within the same group; and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin; and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other persons.
(b) All of the following must be provided:
(i) Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print-out) for the last full financial year and evidence this has been filed with HMRC, such as electronic or written acknowledgment from HMRC.
(ii) Evidence of registration with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House.
(iii) If the company is required to produce annual audited accounts, such accounts for the last full financial year.
(iv) If the company is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognized Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006) or who is a member of the Institute of Financial Accountants.
(v) Corporate/business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600.
(vi) A current Appointment Report from Companies House.
(vii) One of the following documents must also be provided:
(1) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or print-out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year.
(2) Proof of ownership or lease of business premises.
(3) Proof of registration with HMRC as an employer for the purposes of PAYE and National Insurance, proof of PAYE reference number and Accounts Office reference number. This evidence may be in the form of a certified copy of the documentation issued by HMRC.

khan1992

Post by khan1992 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 pm

..also i recieve a payslip at the end of the month ..does it matter how soon salary shows up on the account e.g payslip dated 28th feb..shows on bank statement as 4th march

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:17 am

khan1992 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 pm
..also i recieve a payslip at the end of the month ..does it matter how soon salary shows up on the account e.g payslip dated 28th feb..shows on bank statement as 4th march
naa thats alright. dates can be different every company has its own practices but usually put the week or month in reference