ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have i broken my continuous residence ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Barbieukdoll
Newly Registered
Mood:
Uganda

Have i broken my continuous residence ?

Post by Barbieukdoll » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Hello everyone

Please i am confused about my current immigration state right now an would appreciate your help and guidance .

I would like to apply for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence, however not very sure if I have qualified or not. Here is a list of my previous immigration history.

Arrived UK April 2009 as a tier 4 student

Visa was due to expire on 31/10/09.

Made an application on 22/10/09

Got letter from home office acknowledging application on 26/10/09 .

Application returned on 4/12/09 due to invalid payment details .

Reapplied as instructed on 15/12/09 .

Acknowledgement letter received on 17/12/09

Letter for bio metric on 6/01/10

But received refusal letter on 9/02/10 that I had Over stayed .

I reapplied Around 20/2/10 with evidence to show original application was made on time.

Got visa on 14/04/10 and other visas applied afterwards were granted

Could you tell me if i qualify for LR or if there has been a break in continuous residence . i intend to include a letter to explain what had happened and also proof of all applications made initially.

Kindly assist me with your knowledge and experience .

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Have i broken my continuous residence ?

Post by aman90 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:13 am

Barbieukdoll wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 pm
Hello everyone

Please i am confused about my current immigration state right now an would appreciate your help and guidance .

I would like to apply for Indefinite leave to remain in the UK ILR on the basis of 10 year long residence, however not very sure if I have qualified or not. Here is a list of my previous immigration history.

Arrived UK April 2009 as a tier 4 student

Visa was due to expire on 31/10/09.

Made an application on 22/10/09

In time application

Got letter from home office acknowledging application on 26/10/09 .

Application returned on 4/12/09 due to invalid payment details.

Protected

Reapplied as instructed on 15/12/09 .

Within 28 days

Acknowledgement letter received on 17/12/09

Letter for bio metric on 6/01/10

But received refusal letter on 9/02/10 that I had Over stayed .

Incorrect refusal

I reapplied Around 20/2/10 with evidence to show original application was made on time.

Within 28 days

Got visa on 14/04/10 and other visas applied afterwards were granted

Successful

Could you tell me if i qualify for LR or if there has been a break in continuous residence . i intend to include a letter to explain what had happened and also proof of all applications made initially.

Kindly assist me with your knowledge and experience .

Thanks
No break

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:13 am

Barbieukdoll wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 pm
Application returned on 4/12/09 due to invalid payment details
If the application made on 22/10/09 was invalid, that is treated as if that application did not exist. So, did you get a letter from the Home Office stating that that application was invalid? If you did, you would have had a break in your 10 years (and have been an overstayer) from 31/10/09 to 14/04/10.

On the other hand, if you were notified of the invalid payment details and advised to make the payment for the application to be processed (then you would not have submitted a new application, but just the payment forms), then your leave is not broken, as your previous application of 22/10/09 was still pending and was processed after payment was received. From your description, this latter course does not seem to have taken place.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Barbieukdoll
Newly Registered
Mood:
Uganda

Do i still qualify for ILR ?

Post by Barbieukdoll » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Good evening all,

please i would like someone to let me know if i still qualify for ilr long residence in 2020.

I got my refusal today for LR reason being that i had a broken 3C in 2009 due to out of time application . My leave was later granted in April 2010 . All other visa applications after April 2010 was granted as well and was made in time .

I applied for LR on the basis of Long residence but was refused as a result of the problem i had in 2009. I still have a valid leave up till april 2020 . My question is does this mean that i still have my 10 years intact come next year april 2020 or does this refusal mean that my LR is now broken ? .

I still have a valid visa till next year. does this new refusal affect my LR in any way at all even though i still have lawful residence currently ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:16 am

Your were advised before that you do not qualify for ILR. No worries your refusal has no effect on your lawful residence. Wait until you are eligible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice