ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no Acknowledgment email or no update after biometric

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Re: no Acknowledgment email or no update after biometric

Post by fredddyfred » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:47 am

cnugtl wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:27 am
Hi,

Did any one who had given their Bio Metrics during Mid of Jan, 2019 for ICT Tier 2 (non priority) got their decision? I know it is taking 8 weeks, but it will be good to know if any one got their decision on their application before that time.

Thanks
Sreenivas.
Hi,
I applied for a Tier 2 General visa on 18th Jan., biometrics done on 23rd.
On the sixth week now, fingers crossed for both of us.

sumansolid
Newly Registered
India

Post by sumansolid » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm

I have done biometry on 10jan for priority service tier 2 general extension.still waiting.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:34 pm

fredddyfred wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:47 am
cnugtl wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:27 am
Hi,

Did any one who had given their Bio Metrics during Mid of Jan, 2019 for ICT Tier 2 (non priority) got their decision? I know it is taking 8 weeks, but it will be good to know if any one got their decision on their application before that time.

Thanks
Sreenivas.
Hi,
I applied for a Tier 2 General visa on 18th Jan., biometrics done on 23rd.
On the sixth week now, fingers crossed for both of us.
Hi Freddie,

I am in a similar boat as you. I applied on the 15th of Jan. Bio-metrics done on the 17th of Jan.
Today is the end of the 7th week. No update yet. My old BRP shows it is still valid, which means they haven't touched my application yet.

Please post any updates in the next week so that we could know.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:37 pm

sumansolid wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm
I have done biometry on 10jan for priority service tier 2 general extension.still waiting.
Suman,

Have you tried calling the home office? You should at-least get an update from them of what is delaying your application.

cnugtl
Newly Registered
India

Post by cnugtl » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi All,

Today I had received the BRP cards for my dependent children, but not for me and my wife.

Data of Application: Jan 9th
Date of Bio Metrics: Jan 17th (4pm)
Type: Non Priority.

Hoping to receive my BRP in this week.. Finger crossed..

Thanks and Regards,
Sreenivas.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:23 pm

cnugtl wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm
Hi All,

Today I had received the BRP cards for my dependent children, but not for me and my wife.

Data of Application: Jan 9th
Date of Bio Metrics: Jan 17th (4pm)
Type: Non Priority.

Hoping to receive my BRP in this week.. Finger crossed..

Thanks and Regards,
Sreenivas.
Congrats!
This means you too would get your BRPs soon.
Could you check whether your old BRPs are still valid from the link https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work.
This may tell you whether your applications too have been processed, till you physically receive your new BRPs.

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by fredddyfred » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Congrats Sreenivas!

Hopefully me and SaiLondon can get mine by the end of the week...

I dont find this link https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work working, maybe because my visa has already expired? ( 21.01.2019 )

sumansolid
Newly Registered
India

Post by sumansolid » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:07 pm

SaiLondon wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:37 pm
sumansolid wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm
Suman,

Have you tried calling the home office? You should at-least get an update from them of what is delaying your application.
I did call them multiple times,they have only advised me to wait.They will write to me with the decision.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 pm

fredddyfred wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:01 pm
Congrats Sreenivas!

I dont find this link https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work working, maybe because my visa has already expired? ( 21.01.2019 )
Update: I just checked it now. My old BRP shows the new visa date of my partner's visa on https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work.
This means they have processed my Tier2 dependent application.
I think what helped was that I called them today and clearly explained that I might lose my new job, if I don't get the new BRP on time.
I would eagerly await the BRP and my documents to be returned in the next few days.
I sincerely hope that Fredddyfred, Sumansolid and Sreenivas get their approvals and BRPs in the next few days too.
Cheers!

cnugtl
Newly Registered
India

Post by cnugtl » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:29 pm

Unfortunately I had not received my BRP nor my Wife BRP even after receiving the kids BRP's two days back. Also I did not receive any e-mail or letter from embassy till now. When I checked on the status on https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work., it just says that my BRP is not valid or it got expired. Not new dates uploaded, but it is the same even for kids old BRP.

kchk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by kchk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 am

Hi all

Is there anyone applying for Tier 2 visa, not extension, but not receiving any acknowledgement email from UKVI? I have attended the biometric appointment a week ago and not yet received any acknowledgement email so far.

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by fredddyfred » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:55 pm

kchk wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 am
Hi all

Is there anyone applying for Tier 2 visa, not extension, but not receiving any acknowledgement email from UKVI? I have attended the biometric appointment a week ago and not yet received any acknowledgement email so far.
There will be NO acknowledement email after you enroll your bio information.

Subha82
Newly Registered
India

Post by Subha82 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:10 pm

cnugtl wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:29 pm
Unfortunately I had not received my BRP nor my Wife BRP even after receiving the kids BRP's two days back. Also I did not receive any e-mail or letter from embassy till now. When I checked on the status on https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work., it just says that my BRP is not valid or it got expired. Not new dates uploaded, but it is the same even for kids old BRP.
Once you have passed the expiry date of the old BRP it won't show any further information. It will simply show it has expired or stolen. My old BRP was going to expire yesterday (14th March). I checked in the morning (14th) it was showing expiry date as 14th March 2019. When I rechecked during lunch time it showed my latest leave to remain to 2022. I checked today and it showed the BRP has expired. What I conclude from these things is you should get a new BRP number every time you apply and your application becomes successful. However, if your work status is updated before the old BRP expiry you may be able to see your updated leave to remain provided a decision has been made.

I am still waiting for my documents and BRP though. Applied using the old standard postal service.

Subh

Dosedmonkey1
Newly Registered

Post by Dosedmonkey1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:37 am

I have found this website, it says it is for those with outstanding appeal, review or applications.

It is for your employer. They will need your GWF or UAN I am guessing.

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

We haven't tried this service yet, my wife's work wants a confirmation of application letter, which doesn't seem to exist through new system with UKVCAS. So we are hedging out bets on this website. As legally your visa status and right to work stays the same until the Home Office has made a decision. This is even written in the Citizen Advice website.

I hope this helps. Let me know if anyone via UKVCAS route has got a GWF or confirmation some how please.
Last edited by Dosedmonkey1 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Dosedmonkey1 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:37 am
I have found this website, it says it is for those with outstanding appeal, review or applications.

We haven't tried this service yet, my wife's work wants a confirmation of application letter, which doesn't seem to exist through new system with UKVCAS. So we are hedging out bets on this website. As legally your visa status and right to work stays the same until the Home Office has made a decision. This is even written in the Citizen Advice website.

I hope this helps. Let me know if anyone via UKVCAS route has got a GWF or confirmation some how please.
GWF is only for outside UK applications. UAN is for in country (inside UK applications). In country and out country applications are quite different and even the published standard processing times are different. I think for outside UK applications you can keep track of your applications through sms notifications you receive. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong. This sms notification feature might have changed recently but was available in 2016.)
I did not make a UKVCAS application but you must have some kind of Unique Application Number (UAN). When I notified my employer I sent the UAN.
Edit: I don't think any one of us received any separate notification that the application was received at the home office.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:20 pm

fredddyfred wrote:
Congrats Sreenivas!

I got both my documents (Passport and supporting documents) and BRP by post on the 14th of March. Total processing time - 8 weeks from online application plus additional 2 days to receive physically.
Last edited by SaiLondon on Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dosedmonkey1
Newly Registered

Post by Dosedmonkey1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:23 pm

SaiLondon wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:14 pm
Dosedmonkey1 wrote:

GWF is only for outside UK applications. UAN is for in country (inside UK applications). In country and out country applications are quite different and even the published standard processing times are different. I think for outside UK applications you can keep track of your applications through sms notifications you receive. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong. This sms notification feature might have changed recently but was available in 2016.)
I did not make a UKVCAS application but you must have some kind of Unique Application Number (UAN). When I notified my employer I sent the UAN.
Ah that explains the difference between GWF and UAN. That did have me confused, as some websites say use your GWF with your employer.

Yes we got the UAN on the final document checklist after you pay, it also has your IHS (Health Surcharge), PRN (payment number) and date submitted on the checklist. Then we also have the UAN on the appointment letters for UKVCAS sopra steria.

Very surprised they don't give you any other form of confirmation that visa in process. It would make it much clearer to employers, who you would think are a priority for the Home Office.

Did you give any other information to your employer or was that sufficient?
Thank you.

SaiLondon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by SaiLondon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:25 pm

Dosedmonkey1 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:23 pm
SaiLondon wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:14 pm
Dosedmonkey1 wrote:

Ah that explains the difference between GWF and UAN. That did have me confused, as some websites say use your GWF with your employer.

Yes we got the UAN on the final document checklist after you pay, it also has your IHS (Health Surcharge), PRN (payment number) and date submitted on the checklist. Then we also have the UAN on the appointment letters for UKVCAS sopra steria.

Very surprised they don't give you any other form of confirmation that visa in process. It would make it much clearer to employers, who you would think are a priority for the Home Office.

Did you give any other information to your employer or was that sufficient?
Thank you.
I just sent the pdf copy of the document checklist. I had done the same when I informed my Tier4 sponsor (university) last year.

fredddyfred
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by fredddyfred » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:40 pm

SaiLondon wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:20 pm
fredddyfred wrote:
Congrats Sreenivas!

I got both my documents (Passport and supporting documents) and BRP by post on the 14th of March. Total processing time - 8 weeks from online application plus additional 2 days to receive physically.

Many congrats SaiLondon,

This is no doubt the most torturing waiting ever, hopefully my application will follow your pattern as well, to receive a decision next week Thursday.

Sandynar
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sandynar » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:46 pm

Dosedmonkey1 wrote:

Thanks for sharing this link. I am in the same situation as your wife. My work place wanted a confirmation of application letter. I shared this link along with my UAN no from the appointment letter. They got a reply back yesterday stating that I can legally work here till a decision is made

Thank you so much for the link. It worked for me

pmahajan86
Newly Registered
India

Post by pmahajan86 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:27 am

Hey Guys,

I would like to share my experience with the new process using Standard Postal Service.

My timelines were.
Application date: 23rd Jan 2019
Biometric date: 26th Jan 2019
Standard service of up to 8 weeks UKVCAS (new service)
No follow up or escalation.
No Acknowledgment letter/update letter or email.
Approval Letter received 25th March 2019
BRP received on 27th March 2019
Duration for BRP- 9 weeks 1 day from the application and 8 weeks and 5 days from biometric date.

All documents received together for me, my wife and daughter.

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Post by Fatimajafri » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 am

pmahajan86 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:27 am
Hey Guys,

I would like to share my experience with the new process using Standard Postal Service.

My timelines were.
Application date: 23rd Jan 2019
Biometric date: 26th Jan 2019
Standard service of up to 8 weeks UKVCAS (new service)
No follow up or escalation.
No Acknowledgment letter/update letter or email.
Approval Letter received 25th March 2019
BRP received on 27th March 2019
Duration for BRP- 9 weeks 1 day from the application and 8 weeks and 5 days from biometric date.

All documents received together for me, my wife and daughter.
Thanks for updating.

Fatimajafri
Pakistan

Post by Fatimajafri » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:25 pm

I applied for my Tier-2 General Extension along with 3 of my dependants. Used new service & gave Biometrics on 19th February. Got all of our BRPs on 5th April. I didn't get any letter separately, directly BRPs. Took 6 weeks 3 days in total.

NVN30
Newly Registered
India

Post by NVN30 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:34 am

sumansolid wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:09 am
I received an email from case worker that I have pay top up fee for my application as I paid for shortage occupation previously.at least someone seem to be working on my application.No idea how long it will take to get the BRP.completed 5 weeks from BRP after priority application.
Hi Sumansolid,
I have also done the same mistake, paid shortage occupation fee . so home office will contact me to pay the difference?
once you paid the difference amount , how long did you waited for the for the decision ?.

Thanks
Nav