ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Update Stamp 4!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Please help. Stamp 4 for my wife

Post by ddmmxx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:14 pm

Hello everyone.

My wife is really upset. I am a irish citizen born here. She came on a study visa to ireland and we got married 15August18 ..we applied for stamp 4 visa on the 10th of September. We have found out that 12 months it can take for a decision and its crazy..
Can i please get some help regarding is thete anything we can do to get this process seen to faster..
Regarding work is she supposed to not work and just sit at home for 12 months waiting on an answer for GNIB
And lastly is it possible that of she returns to brazil for a holiday say a month or two..will she be denied entry in dublin airport even though we have our marraige certificate. Please help anyone shes really upset as we thought it would be 6 months as it says on the website if spouse is a irish citizen applications can be processes in 6 months or e en a ptovisional answer by then

Thank you

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Please help. Stamp 4 for my wife

Post by max307 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:18 pm

What's your wife current immigration status in Ireland? She might be able to get a Stamp 4 on the spot depending on her current immigration status.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:19 pm

She’s on study visa - so has she graduated? Why not applying for a graduate visa which allows her to work for a whole year while waiting for Stamp 4.

She wants to return to Brazil - what permission is she currently on? Obviously if she’s on study visa and she goes to Brazil for a month or more, the immigration officer might give her a hard time asking whether she is really studying.

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ddmmxx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:22 pm

Hey mate dont crash my post he replied to me .

My wife currently has no visa. No work permit. We are just waiting for stamp 4 since 10 september mate. Thank you Max

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ddmmxx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Hey little err thank you for your reply. A graduate visa i can investigate. She was learning english for one year but yes shes finished that now

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:33 pm

ddmmxx wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:22 pm
Hey mate dont crash my post he replied to me .

My wife currently has no visa. No work permit. We are just waiting for stamp 4 since 10 september mate. Thank you Max
So you did applied for a Stamp 4 then?

If you did there is no way to speed up the process, you will need to wait for INIS. The good news is that a temporary Stamp 4 will be issued once the application is initially reviewed and she will be able to work and travel with no issues.

I would recommend not to travel until a temporary Stamp 4 has been issued to her.

The route where the Stamp 4 is issued on the spot only applies to non visa required nationals or visa required nationals with a visa or some sort of permission to remain granted. Unfortunately your wife does not qualify given the fact that she has no visa.

See section 1. How do I apply? scenario A. in the link below:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024
Last edited by max307 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:34 pm

I’m not sure if language degree holder can apply for a graduate visa, but even if she could, now with no visa for the last 6 months that is not good.

I’m not an expert in this area but I think there are always temporary residence stamps that she could get while waiting for the approval. To be honest I don’t know if there’s anything she could do at this stage, but leaving the country is simply not an option as they won’t allow her to come back in.

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ddmmxx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:42 pm

Thnak you guys for the two replys max and littleerr

My wife is telling me we will not get a temporary stamp 4 because i am a irish citizen is that correct do you know ?

Thank you very much

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:52 pm

ddmmxx wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:42 pm
Thnak you guys for the two replys max and littleerr

My wife is telling me we will not get a temporary stamp 4 because i am a irish citizen is that correct do you know ?

Thank you very much
I'm not aware of that change, until recently spouses of Irish citizens were getting temporary Stamp 4.

It's strange that you are waiting since September, 2018. Usually the temporary Stamp 4 is issued approximately 8 weeks after the application is received by INIS.

You are coming up close to the 6 months mark so I would try to get in touch with INIS for an update, send a letter by post so they are required to at least acknowledge your correspondence and you have paper trail at hand in case you need to keep pushing for an update - calls and e-mails go unanswered all the time.

If it goes over a year get in touch with local TD, they should be able to get a clear idea of what's going on.

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ddmmxx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello mate..

I think it may be because that we got married a few weeks after her visa expired. Then we made the application with all our documents and posted them into GNIB we made a appointment and they said because we got married after her visa expired that we have to post in the documents. We got our letter back and it says that applications may take up to 12 months and not much else info on it. We have been e-mailing and they said please do not email is again unless absolutely necessary as they are busy also we wrote them a letter on monday i hooe they will reply

Thank you max

Subziro
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Subziro » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:30 am

Hi,

I am in the same situation but I applied 5months ago I got my passport and my wifes passport back but still waiting for decision or update.
But what is a temp stamp 4 how we meant to get while we are waiting?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:52 am

Subziro wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:30 am
Hi,

I am in the same situation but I applied 5months ago I got my passport and my wifes passport back but still waiting for decision or update.
But what is a temp stamp 4 how we meant to get while we are waiting?
Normally INIS would send you a letter saying they have received your application, they will have a decision within 6 months, and you can take this letter to the immigration office or Garda station to get a temporary stamp 4 for this 6 months.

Subziro
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Subziro » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi
Thanks for the response I have received the letter but I does not say anything about a temporary stamp or anything,I did not chance it to go to immigration office.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:02 pm

ddmmxx wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 pm
Hello mate..

I think it may be because that we got married a few weeks after her visa expired. Then we made the application with all our documents and posted them into GNIB we made a appointment and they said because we got married after her visa expired that we have to post in the documents. We got our letter back and it says that applications may take up to 12 months and not much else info on it. We have been e-mailing and they said please do not email is again unless absolutely necessary as they are busy also we wrote them a letter on monday i hooe they will reply

Thank you max
That's your problem. If you were married while her (Stamp 2?) was still valid you should have been able to go the GNIB with your passports and marriage certificate and get a Stamp 4 on the spot.

See below:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp07000024
INIS Website wrote:A. If you are a non visa required national who has entered the State legally within the last 90 days or if you are a visa required national and you are within the period of permission to remain granted to you on arrival in the State (except short stay ‘c’ visas):, or if you have current permission to remain in the State on an alternative basis both you and your Irish national spouse/civil partner should attend at your local Garda National Immigration Bureau Registration office with the following documentation:

Your original marriage/civil partnership certificate
Your original passport
Your Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s original passport
Evidence of your joint address
The Alternative basis would cover a valid Stamp1/2 etc.

You've no choice but to wait for the longer method to play out.

Waitingonstamp4
Ireland

Post by Waitingonstamp4 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi,

I am currently going through this process also.
We have currently been waiting 7.5 months.

I don't believe that you can get any sort of temporary stamp as I have emailed asking about this before and they said that I would not be granted a temporary visa. :(

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Update Stamp 4!

Post by ddmmxx » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Hello everyone. Im Irish and my wide Brazilian. Wr applied for the join spouse stamp 4 . We finally got a email from immigration saying that they will send is a letter in the post with what documents are needed to complete the application. I have no idea what they can possibly want we alresdy gsve them everything possible. Ita been a 6 month wait and just got the email today . Anyone any idea what thete might be looking for?

Thank you guys

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ddmmxx » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:13 pm

We just got a letter today man. After 7 months. So we need to make appointment with immigrations for regristratiom i think

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m sorry to jump in but I have been reading your post and I have a bit of a trouble understanding what type of stamp 4 you aretalking about.

When you apply for stamp 4 FAM you are supposed to receive a letter and with that you register to immigration. That usually takes up to 2 months for what they say.

The 7 months or 12 months you have been waiting was for that or for the final stamp 4 FAM?

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ddmmxx » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:46 pm

I believe that may have been way untill january 1st 2019. We applied in September. Got passports back after a few weeks. Now today we got a email saying that a successfull application and that they will post a letter with instructions to to immigration for interview. If successfull. Stamp 4 granted . 300 euro and 10 days later resident card. Supposed to be like that mate

Waitingonstamp4
Ireland

Post by Waitingonstamp4 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:43 am

Congratulations on getting your letter!

Just to confirm - was the application that you submitted the Spouse of an Irish National application form?

Hopefully our letter isn't too far behind.

ddmmxx
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ddmmxx » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:45 am

Hey mate.

Yes it was immigration and spouse unit.

Cheers mate

Waitingonstamp4
Ireland

Post by Waitingonstamp4 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Thank you for the quick response.

One last question - was there anything you did to try and speed the process along?

At this stage I'd try anything.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:17 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:40 pm
Hi Guys,

I’m sorry to jump in but I have been reading your post and I have a bit of a trouble understanding what type of stamp 4 you aretalking about.
It's the Stamp 4 that the spouses of Irish citizens living in Ireland get that's being referred to in this thread.

Because you're Greek, it's the Stamp4 EUFAM that you'll have to get for your wife which is different.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Update Stamp 4!

Post by Zoot7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:32 pm

Which method did you use to apply for Stamp 4?

You both should be able to get the Stamp 4 on the spot according to the 1st sentence here, given Brazilian nationals don't need visas to come here.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/wp07000024
INIS Website wrote:A. If you are a non visa required national who has entered the State legally within the last 90 days or if you are a visa required national and you are within the period of permission to remain granted to you on arrival in the State (except short stay ‘c’ visas):, or if you have current permission to remain in the State on an alternative basis both you and your Irish national spouse/civil partner should attend at your local Garda National Immigration Bureau Registration office with the following documentation:

Your original marriage/civil partnership certificate
Your original passport
Your Irish spouse’s/civil partner’s original passport
Evidence of your joint address
I'm guess you've had to apply to the department via method "B" detailed in the above page from your post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Update Stamp 4!

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:00 pm

Please keep all your questions in one topic and desist from starting a new thread with each question.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.