ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ash_g
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by Ash_g » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:16 pm

Spire01 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:14 pm
Ash_g wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:05 pm
Hey guys just to update you all

I applied October 2017, today letter dated 28th February says I'm now on second stage of processing

I guess it's good news but not the news we've been waiting for.

What does second stage actually means though?

Hope everyone waiting for approval gets theirs soon

I wonder if I'll get mine this April ceremony or so I have to wait until the September one
Hi Ash_g,

It means your application has passed first stage and moved on to the second stage where they verify your records with Garda, immigration history, background checks, etc. but this is too long to receive the second stage letter though...:(....btw did they ask you to submit more documents, etc., between your first acknowledgement letter and the 2nd stage letter? or did you just received the 2nd letter...

Thanks and Regards.

Hi,

I know it's awful, the wait is the hardest part here. Yes in January they've asked why my signatures doesn't match and I said it's been evolved this I signed my passport when I was younger. But that's all.

Never ask for anything else.

I hope it doesn't take too long for second stage to be processed, I wonder how long after got a decision made

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:16 pm
Spire01 wrote:
Ash_g wrote:

I applied October 2017, today letter dated 28th February says I'm now on second stage of processing

I wonder if I'll get mine this April ceremony or so I have to wait until the September one
Hi Ash_g,

It means your application has passed first stage and moved on to the second stage where they verify your records with Garda, immigration history, background checks, etc. but this is too long to receive the second stage letter though...:(....btw did they ask you to submit more documents, etc., between your first acknowledgement letter and the 2nd stage letter? or did you just received the 2nd letter...

Thanks and Regards.

Hi,

I know it's awful, the wait is the hardest part here. Yes in January they've asked why my signatures doesn't match and I said it's been evolved this I signed my passport when I was younger. But that's all.

I hope it doesn't take too long for second stage to be processed, I wonder how long after got a decision made
Had a friend go through the same. She applied in May 2017 and was asked for more docs in Aug 2018, got second stage letter in August too and got approval lever in Oct 2018 and invite to cerimony in early November. So things are gonna move fast for you from now on, I believe 😌

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Anira wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:22 pm
Ash_g wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:16 pm
Spire01 wrote:
Ash_g wrote:

Hi Ash_g,

Thanks and Regards.

Hi,

Had a friend go through the same. She applied in May 2017 and was asked for more docs in Aug 2018, got second stage letter in August too and got approval lever in Oct 2018 and invite to cerimony in early November. So things are gonna move fast for you from now on, I believe 😌

Thanks Anira, I really hope so fingers crossed all goes good from now.

I kno your waiting for yours too so hopefully you gets yours for April ceremony

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:53 pm

It is so pathetic how applications are being processed by INIS. I can tell you that one of the first few questions in the initial state checklist produced by INIS says, "does signatures on form 8 match with Passport". So basically, when your application was received on October 2017 till this January when you received a letter asking for explanation nobody touched your file and now after your explanation, they looked at your file again and moved it to the second stage. In the second stage, there are checks on immigration history, alerts, and Garda vetting etc. As Anira is saying there are people who received second stage letter very late and then approval within weeks. I hope that is the case for you, but if they have moved you now to the second stage, it will take at least 3 weeks to receive the Garda Vetting report (this was the case for me), so chances are slim for this ceremony. But if the department wants to approve your file, they can do so within next 3-4 weeks, if they wish. But we all know how efficient this department is...

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:53 pm
It is so pathetic how applications are being processed by INIS. I can tell you that one of the first few questions in the initial state checklist produced by INIS says, "does signatures on form 8 match with Passport". So basically, when your application was received on October 2017 till this January when you received a letter asking for explanation nobody touched your file and now after your explanation, they looked at your file again and moved it to the second stage. In the second stage, there are checks on immigration history, alerts, and Garda vetting etc. As Anira is saying there are people who received second stage letter very late and then approval within weeks. I hope that is the case for you, but if they have moved you now to the second stage, it will take at least 3 weeks to receive the Garda Vetting report (this was the case for me), so chances are slim for this ceremony. But if the department wants to approve your file, they can do so within next 3-4 weeks, if they wish. But we all know how efficient this department is...

It is absolutely crazy how this works tbh. Im just garda vetting for work and it took 10 working days with the egarda vetting system so let's see. Yes because everytime I've sent a letter or ask for an update all I've ever got was it's still processing 🙊

It's still not too late like u said, but since there a ceremony now there focus is on sending approvals not working further on my case

Thank you for commenting really helps to get others opinion too

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:05 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:

It is absolutely crazy how this works tbh. Im just garda vetting for work and it took 10 working days with the egarda vetting system so let's see. Yes because everytime I've sent a letter or ask for an update all I've ever got was it's still processing 🙊

It's still not too late like u said, but since there a ceremony now there focus is on sending approvals not working further on my case

Thank you for commenting really helps to get others opinion too
Agree with Paddy_Leprechaun's above comment,
Also we have to keep in mind there are 3 ceremonies planned this year in Killarney convention centre where only big ceremonies have been happening since 2018 (atleast 3000 people getting their certificates on the day), hoping all these 3 ceremonies this year are big ones, which means around 9000 to 10000 people would get their certificates by this year. Also by looking at this forum, I believe there are many people already received their approvals and waiting for their invites...so fingers crossed!! :)

shann
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by shann » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
In the second stage, there are checks on immigration history, alerts, and Garda vetting etc.
Paddy
What exactly do you mean by immigration history here?
In concrete terms like.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:18 pm

shann wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:57 pm
Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
In the second stage, there are checks on immigration history, alerts, and Garda vetting etc.
Paddy
What exactly do you mean by immigration history here?
In concrete terms like.
If you look on my post about my experience on receiving my file after Freedom of Information (ireland/citizenship-application-process ... 73543.html), I can only guess as I wrote in that post; "there are set of questions about immigration history check from GNIB (types of stamps, when or where issued), questions like any alert, deportation or refugee status. If there is any alert does it allow to proceed or wait till those in process applications about this person are processed etc. Then a couple of question about security, criminal record, PSNI and Garda vetting." I wish I could share it with you to make everything transparent, but obviously hesitant to share personal information.

shann
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by shann » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:39 pm

Thanks
Re GNIB (only types of stamps, when or where issued) info would be quick enough, but if they have to dig up and cross check all the old docs submitted originally at GNIB for each and every visa type applied for, got and renewed since entry to Ireland, then it could be a very long process... :roll:

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:17 pm

It’s very frustrating that some ppl get their approvals within 4 months while others like us are still waiting even after 2 years

shann
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by shann » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Indeed

Weirdly, looking at Paddy's FOI, it looks like all that file work was done in the initial stage, ie first 3 days on the file (Sep 1-4) and then it was untouched for ages.

I can't see what exactly they did after the stage 2 letter was issued on Sep 4 bar maybe Garda Vetting. Or am I reading the post wrongly, Paddy?

michealinis
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by michealinis » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Thanks Paddy!

I'm still waiting since October 2017. Only received my second stage letter in October 2018, and still waiting to hear any update. I can't believe the documents are left untouched for so long. I have been told the usual whenever I contact them. If we need any further information we will contact you. It's disheartening.

Really hoping this is my year! Good luck to the rest of you waiting!

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:37 pm

michealinis wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:14 pm
Thanks Paddy!

I'm still waiting since October 2017. Only received my second stage letter in October 2018, and still waiting to hear any update. I can't believe the documents are left untouched for so long. I have been told the usual whenever I contact them. If we need any further information we will contact you. It's disheartening.

Really hoping this is my year! Good luck to the rest of you waiting!
Still waiting and applied in Oct 2017 also. I know a fellow user Anira who posts here is Oct 2017 also. I received my 2nd stage letter only very early Jan 2019. Cutting it very fine I guess now to get approval in time for April...

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:47 pm

All I can say is the same person that sent me the letter about signature in January is the same person that sent me my second stage letter

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:47 pm
All I can say is the same person that sent me the letter about signature in January is the same person that sent me my second stage letter
Same I received correspondence in dec and 2nd stage in jan, signed by the same person...

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:00 pm

I applied in October 17 and was asked for further documentation 2 weeks later. I sent (P60’s) and got my second stage letter in November 17. Literally 5 weeks after I applied. I think something happened to applications sent in October, they put in the bin or something and only found them now hahaha you have to laugh at this point...

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:36 am

Got through, and as expected, still waiting for Ministers decision. I asked if there is any chance I can make it to Aprils ceremony, she said yes and will be informed in writing.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 am

Anira wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:36 am
Got through, and as expected, still waiting for Ministers decision. I asked if there is any chance I can make it to Aprils ceremony, she said yes and will be informed in writing.
I don’t get it when this decision will be made by Minister.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:45 am

Lily3 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 am
Anira wrote:
Id expect we hear some more approvals from friday...

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:02 am

Anira wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:45 am
Lily3 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 am
Anira wrote:
Id expect we hear some more approvals from friday...
I really hope that we will be included in this ceremony

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:14 am

I just got through.. before they told me my application is on final stage and waiting to send to minister.. today lady told me my file has back from the office after final check and sign.. and soon they are going to submit.. aybody can tell me does they don any final check and sign before sent to the minister’s office or no?? Another thing she told me of course they are still sending files to minister. So🤞🏻

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am

Another silly question 🤪.. when I asked about the invitation for April ceremony. She replied it’s depends on the minister ‘s decision first..so my question is how many chances to get approval if they send file to the minister.. like normaly people says only those files they send to minister that they recommends for approval ☺️Appreciate for your replies and thanks in advance

Tokky12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tokky12 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:58 am

Anira wrote:
Hello Anira...i got thru aswell and got same response but this operator said she couldnt ascertain me if i will be doing april ceremony it depends on how quick the minister work on it🙄🙄i prayed we all get approval as possible😘

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am
Another silly question 🤪.. when I asked about the invitation for April ceremony. She replied it’s depends on the minister ‘s decision first..so my question is how many chances to get approval if they send file to the minister.. like normaly people says only those files they send to minister that they recommends for approval ☺️Appreciate for your replies and thanks in advance
All files go to the minister with a recommendation. The minister makes a decision based on the recommendation.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:18 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:12 pm
Mrs P wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am
All files go to the minister with a recommendation. The minister makes a decision based on the recommendation.
Imagine waiting 15 months to have your application refused... this is crazy