ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Fiancée Visa Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Sorry to keep on hounding you Max - but what is the other user referring to then in regards to this matter?

Thanks again for all your help

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:18 pm

This is what concerns me Max. Please advise.

Jordans wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:35 pm
Unfortunately you do need to provide evidence showing that you meet the published financial criteria set out at 17.2 of Policy Document on Non-EEA Family Reunification (e.g. P60s for last 3 years, bank statements for previous 6 months, P21 statements, recent pay slips, financial accounts, etc).

I am not sure how people making money online in the absence of a 9 to 5 job do this. Your current and savings account statements may be sufficient or may be not. You will find out after you apply. Could you become self-employed and start reporting your income? Your fiancee’s application for Stamp 4 would not be approved otherwise, and she may face a deportation order. Did you research other ways for her to be here while you are taking care of the bureaucratic side of things? She could study or work if hired (as an au pair, for example), there are also long term volunteering projects (google knows better than me though). Good luck!

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:57 am

If you navigate to point B here http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024 and click through the link to access form RES6, there on page 25 of the document checklist you will find an answer to your question to Max. Hope this helps.

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am

Thanks Jordans. Not sure what Max is referring to, but I just phoned the Immigrant Council of Ireland and they confirmed that being on jobseekers for the past two years, means that I must wait another two years. Oh well.

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 am

Thats really runied my day :cry:

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm

These figures are for guideline purposes and represent a minimum financial requirement. Visa/Immigration officers will have some discretion in this area and also in cases where there are doubts regarding the sustainability of earnings.

I personally know Irish citizens on social welfare that were able to bring their non-EU spouses to Ireland using the same route.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Dear Max and Jordans

We have almost got all documents together for postal notification of intention to marry in Ireland

Is my finacee able to come to Ireland on a C visa and apply for permission to remain during her stay?

The D visa criteria is very intimidating and I don't think I can satisfy all the docs required. I have just started out in self emplyment and its asking for all kinds of docs I don't have.

Thanks for your kind help

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:34 pm

Irishman346 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:30 pm
Is my finacee able to come to Ireland on a C visa and apply for permission to remain during her stay?
On what basis though? At the moment she has no ties to Ireland so I don't know how someone with no ties can apply for permission to remain.

I stand by my previous recommendation - I think the best case scenario is to get legally married since you are already engaged.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:58 pm

Dear Max

Sorry I should have clarified. I meant that she would come here on a C visa and we would marry while she was here. Would she then still need to leave and re-enter under a D visa? Or can we find a way for her to stay on?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:05 pm

Irishman346 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:58 pm
Dear Max

Sorry I should have clarified. I meant that she would come here on a C visa and we would marry while she was here. Would she then still need to leave and re-enter under a D visa? Or can we find a way for her to stay on?
A C visa is granted for 90 days and she will need to give the State 3 months (90 days) notice of intention to enter marriage assuming that a marriage license is issued.

Highly unlikely that you will be able to get married before her C visa expires.

She can always stay here illegally but I would never recommend that, the only choice is for her to leave the country and comeback for the marriage date on a marriage visa - http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Marria ... hip%20Visa

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Dear Max

She has been given permission for making a postal notification of intention to get married. So, we won't be in Ireland waiting the 90 days, she will be outside the country between providing the documents via post. Does this not change things for us?

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:30 pm

How about this?

She provides notification of intention to marry via post
She applys for marriage visa
She comes here and we get married
Can she then stay on on a marriage visa? Or must she leave and come back

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Irishman346 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:13 pm
Dear Max

She has been given permission for making a postal notification of intention to get married. So, we won't be in Ireland waiting the 90 days, she will be outside the country between providing the documents via post. Does this not change things for us?
I'm not familiar with postal notification of intention to get married so I can't comment on that but I guess it will fix the issue. She will enter the country on a C visa, you will get married and the very next day you can send her application for Stamp 4 on the basis marriage to an Irish national.

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Please Help!

Post by Irishman346 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:12 pm

I would really apprecaite some clarification here, we're fed up with all of the conflicting information and advice. If anyone can help, and knows the laws, please help.

My fiancee lives in Russia. I live in Ireland. We are currently preparing for her to submit a postal notification of intention to get married. We will marry in Ireland.

I have been given advice that she can come here as a visitor, and marry me, and remain, with a C visa. Firstly, whats the difference between her coming with a tourist visa to get married, and a marriage visa to get married? Does it matter?

The official guidance claims that once we marry here, she cannot apply for permission to remain on a C visa, but I have been given advice that she can apply for permission to stay on a C visa.

We really don't want for her to have to leave after we get married - thats just madness. We want to be together. Surely she doesn't have to do this? Can't she stay?

If you can help, please do. This is driving me insane.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Re: Please Help!

Post by Statusquo73 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:22 pm

Hey man,

No need to get upset or mad. IF you are getting married you will be together anyway.
It may take sometime but you will be fine.

I advise you to marry her in Russia. This is my opinion. I got married in Ireland and It is a bit difficult and on Short Visa you cant get married. To be able to get married here in Ireland they give you 3 months of notice. As you know short visa is for less than 3 months.

She needs to be resident for getting married.

My advice.
Get married in Russia. Get papers and apply for family reunion visa for her. They will accept her. It may take couple of months maybe not but it is safer and easier way.

Irishman346
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishman346 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Thanks Pal. Heads sore with all the information from everywhere.

Thing is she doesnt have to worry about the 90 day visa, because we've got permission to make postal notification via post, so we're giving notification before the visa has even been applied for, do you know what I mean? We have given notification, then we can wait a month or two, and then she can come

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Please keep your questions in ONE topic so that repetitive advice is not duplicate and members can see all the substantial advice you have already received.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:09 pm

It's a frustrating situation to be in. It can be very hard with all the conflicting information.

My wife (who's from the Philippines) and I were in the same place a number of years ago. We looked at getting married in Ireland, the Philippines and even Hong Kong. However in the end we got married in the Philippines as it was easier and required a lot less visa applications. The only real requirement for me was the "Certificate of Freedom to Marry".

I think marrying in Russia might be the better bet too.
Irishman346 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:30 pm
How about this?

She provides notification of intention to marry via post
She applys for marriage visa
She comes here and we get married
Can she then stay on on a marriage visa? Or must she leave and come back
Doing the notification to the registrar via post, applying for the Marriage Visa and then getting married here can work as I understand.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/re ... eland.html

After getting married you should be abel to apply for the Stamp 4 without leaving. However the only caveat is that you have to apply to the department (method B in the below link) here and you'll have a lengthy wait (9-12 months). This is because she'll be on a "C" or Short-Stay visa (which is what the marriage visa is). She won't be able to work here for that period (a bureaucratic mess!) but at least you'll both be together while the application is in progress.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

Normally though, the best way to do it would be for her to go back to Russia after you both getting married and then applying for the Join Spouse D Visa. Wait for that to be approved, travel here and then get the Stamp4 on the spot via method "A" in the above link. If you read the above link you'll notice long stay visas are what's required for the Stamp 4 via method "A". It's granted on the spot for 3 years and it's free as the Spouse of an Irish Citizen.
INIS Website wrote:A. If you are a non visa required national who has entered the State legally within the last 90 days or if you are a visa required national and you are within the period of permission to remain granted to you on arrival in the State (except short stay ‘c’ visas):, or if you have current permission to remain in the State on an alternative basis both you and your Irish national spouse/civil partner should attend at your local Garda National Immigration Bureau Registration office with the following documentation:
Although regardless of which method, you'll need to satisfy the financial requirement of earnings (39k in the last 3 years, or 13k per year - if that's still what it is, it was 3 years ago when we were in the conundrum you're both in now).

Regarding the financial requirement, I'll quote myself from another thread:
Zoot7 wrote:I have read that you can get another person other than you to act as the sponsor.

So... you find somebody who meets the 40k EUR requirement who is willing to sponsor you. You then get a written notarized letter from them saying they'll support the couple (you both) while your husband finds work, along with that person's P60s, payslips and bank statements instead of your own.

The idea of the sponsor is that your husband doesn't have resort to public funds, as long as he has financial support from somewhere he won't have to do that. I think the immigration office is okay as long as that is true.

I have read that this is a viable option but I haven't ever heard of anyone actually doing it. Maybe it's something to research?

Romantic123
Ireland

Post by Romantic123 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Hi Irishman346.
I hope you and your fiancé found a solution.
I hope you will share with us your experience.
Thanks