ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How are current ILR holders affected by brexit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adkenneth02
Newly Registered
South Africa

How are current ILR holders affected by brexit

Post by adkenneth02 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:29 pm

I hope someone can help me. I received notification from immigration boards regarding changes to ILR holders once brexit is in place and I'm a little confused. My son and I are SA passport holders as well as UK ILR holders that expires 2024. How does the brexit affect us. Will we be forced to apply for UK citizenship before or after brexit? Will we be able to extend our ILR? It costs a lot of money for full citizenship.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How are current ILR holders affected by brexit

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Brexit does NOT affect ILR routes under the UK Immigration rules. It affect EU citizens and their family dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Re: How are current ILR holders affected by brexit

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am

As CR001 explained, the Brexit has nothing to do with non-EU citizens or their rights under the UK immigration rules.
Also the BRP card expiry date does not mean your ILR status will expire. Your settled status will never expire :!:
You simply get a replacement BRP card for a small fee if the card expires.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice